passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

• 2 weeks later...

MFGamers Podcast 48 - Cyberpunk Test Mix

Short Mix posted by Cyberpunk as a test for Itunes Syncing, etc. Hope you enjoy!

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 48 - Cyberpunk Test Mix (Standard version)

MFGamers Podcast 48 - Cyberpunk Test Mix (Enhanced version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Could someone with an Ipod let me know if the enhanced version works right? I don't have an Ipod, and I had to find a Windows version of Mac software to make it. It should have chapters, and changing disc art for every song.

Subscribe in iTunes.

A short mix (about half an hour) uploaded just so I can get to grips with Itunes uploading, and the like, before the proper podcast next week.

Music was compiled on Atomix Virtual DJ

Tracklist:

1: Tranquility Bass - La La La (Fatboy Slim Remix)

2: Gus Gus - Polyesterday

3: Rasmus - Mass Hysteria

4: Mucho Macho - Hey Charlie

5: Wreckage Inc. - Chase (Deadly Avenger Remix)

6: Crustation - Purple (Freestylers Remix)

7: Headrillaz - Get Yourself Organized

8: Cooler - Teknog

9: The Ganja Kru - This World

10: Pressure Drop - Dusk

I'd be happy to step up for the podcasts, i still don't have proper internet at the moment, not sure how much data skype would use on my mobile internet but we could give it a shot.

I'm probably about this afternoon if we want to give it a go, or any evening during the week.

I'm happy to record an occasional podcast too. i just didn't want it to be an every week thing. I really enjoyed the last one I did with Ben.

The mix I uploaded was mainly so i could do a practise run of uploading. I could use some feedback about whether it's come down off Itunes properly, and especially if the enhanced version works right on your Ipods. I don't use an Ipod, I have a Samsung Mp3 player, so I can't run the enhance podcasts unless I use Itunes.

Let me know if it ran alright, and I'll try to use it in the future.

Won't download through iTunes for me. I've tried un-subscribing and re-subscribing but it won't come down.

I don't know if it's related or not but before I left the house when you posted it up here, it wouldn't do it then and I wondered if it was because you uploaded it with the published date on the feed for the next day. Ignore the 6am time, just set the day to whatever day you're uploading it and it should come down for people.

Still no joy for me so I've had a look at the rss feed and the podcast folder, changed some things and now it's downloaded!

I'll PM Cyberpunk with the details, but I've no idea if those that have already downloaded it through iTunes will get a second copy or not, as it has done that in the past.

*EDIT*

Sounding good so far! The chapters work, good job. :)

Ed has told me that the enhanced version should work fine. Hendo has edited the feed, and told me where I was going wrong. Sorry if you've had trouble guys, but I'm learning this as I go along. I'll be in contact with the master Hendo until it's all buttoned down.

BTW, sorry if the mix is a bit janky in places. It's the first one I've done in years, and the first one ever with MP3's All tracks are royalty free, and ok to publish.

MFGamers Podcast 49 - What we're playing

Ben is joined by Jimbo, where they mix it up, and mess it up. Includes the gaming week

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

Background music is 'Waiting For Cousteau' by Jean Michel Jarre, and is used mainly because it's 45 minutes long, amd I forgot to ask for a copy of the usual music.

MFGamers Podcast 49 - What we're playing (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Sorry guys and gals, but there is no enhanced version this week, due to computer problems at my end.

Subscribe in iTunes.

Background music is 'Waiting For Cousteau' by Jean Michel Jarre, and is used mainly because it's 45 minutes long, amd I forgot to ask for a copy of the usual music.

Ah, didn't know you wanted that, thought you'd go with a bare background. I can pass it on if you still want?

Listening to it now, sounds like Ben and Jim are talking in a hazy smoke-filled room. If you know what I'm saying.

Oh, in addition to the stuff I pm'd you, there's no date on this or you dispensing with the dates?

Either way, however you do them, entirely up to you.

Good job CP, you did a good job cutting out the abundant chaff and stuttery conversations.

Only thing I'll say is i dont think that music is the right type to go in the background. I think you need something a bit pacier to add a bit of tempo to the conversation.

Yeah, the Wii Shop backing track is good, a bit quieter too. The music in this one almost put me to sleep. :P It sounded like the podcast was recorded in space. :D

I've only actually listened to the first few minutes, any chance of a backing track-less version with both Ben and Jimbo's voices coming out of both speakers?

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic