passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Love and hugs to Hendo as usual for editing, Ben and Ill can settle for a pat on the head for talking.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the next one as thats when the big games came. Shame about the love for Madworld, I mean I liked it but I didn't vote for it as it wasn't quite GotY material, its great in small doses but as mentioned it doesn't quite have the depth. I think it comes across as one for teh hardcore but it is a pretty casual game and if you play it like one it makes more sense. I found I enjoyed it more when I ignored the scoring system and just did what was fun at the time rather than building combos, the target score was lenient enough.

But yeah, nice work. Illdog better be showing Brutal Legend major love in the next one.

I've enjoyed doing them this past year, there were times before that i could have happily sacked them off, now i tend to look forward to them

By contrast, part 2 might end up being the last one I work on.

Anyone who wants to take over, I'll give you all the info and tools you'll need, but I can't do it anymore.

Dude, what? :(

I really enjoyed Part One. It was a nice surprise to have illdog on it, I wasn't expecting that. I like the way it's been laid out this year too, two episodes with each from one half of the year is a great way of doing it. A bunch of excellent games mentioned, it makes you remember just how many quality titles were released in 2009.

Couple things, Episodes from Liberty City is still a 360 exclusive, for the time being at least, even though it doesn't requite the GTAIV disc to play. Also, I did buy the two Touch Detective games from eBay, but they were new and sealed, not second-hand so I still did my bit. I need to get back to them one day. :)

I've enjoyed doing them this past year, there were times before that i could have happily sacked them off, now i tend to look forward to them

By contrast, part 2 might end up being the last one I work on.

Anyone who wants to take over, I'll give you all the info and tools you'll need, but I can't do it anymore.

Are you ok?

In all seriousness, and I know I say it to you every week, but editing them must be a pain in the arse and I dont envy you at all for doing them

Dude, thats a bit dramatic. Cant or wont? Eithers fine with anyone im sure, i couldnt be fucked to do it and you do a good job but just leaving it like that makes it sound like your on the verge of a breakdown. Come and live with me on my island, ill get you a job as a barnacle scraper and you can learn to play the ukulele.

:lol:

MFGamers Podcast 47 - 2009 (part 2)

Ben, Hendo and illdog run through the second half of 2009.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 47 - 2009 (part 2) (Standard version)

MFGamers Podcast 47 - 2009 (part 2) (Enhanced version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Note: if you downloaded between 10:50 am and 12pm on Monday 28th of December, delete, unsubscribe then re-download it.

I'm gonna have a bash at editing the podcast, to give Hendo a break. The problem is, however, that I don't want to be a weekly co-host on it. Do's anyone else want to have a go at podcasting with Ben? I'll do the next one with Ben if need be, but we could do with some other people ready to step up to the plate.

Also, I was thinking of doing something different for next week, as a test of my editing skills. I have a friend who is a local Trance Dj, and he's given me permission to post one of his mix's as a test upload. What do's everyone think of this? It'll be a one week only test podcast, just so I can get to grips with things, and sort out a scedule with other podcasters.

Also, I was thinking of doing something different for next week, as a test of my editing skills. I have a friend who is a local Trance Dj, and he's given me permission to post one of his mix's as a test upload. What do's everyone think of this? It'll be a one week only test podcast, just so I can get to grips with things, and sort out a scedule with other podcasters.

I'd imagine that would be quite different to editing a podcast. The mix would likely be a single live recording from start to finish and wouldn't really require any editing, would it? Just an upload and away you go. Unless it is having any rough bits ironed out, or intro/outro stuff being added. I know how much of a hassle Hendo has had editing the MFGamers podcast and how time consuming it can be, wiivo has done a grand job in the past though so maybe you could share duties. As for being on the podcast? No, ta. :)

I'd imagine that would be quite different to editing a podcast. The mix would likely be a single live recording from start to finish and wouldn't really require any editing, would it? Just an upload and away you go. Unless it is having any rough bits ironed out, or intro/outro stuff being added.

Yeah, Ed. I was gonna add some stuff to tart it up a bit. Definetly an intro and outro. Also, I've never uploaded anything to Itunes, or used m4a format. That'll need practice too.

Hendo has informed me that he wants a clean break from podcasting. At least for a while.

Illdog, I'd be very pleased if you want to participate. That would take some of the task away from me, and leave me with the editing. That way, I could just edit and upload. If you and Ben can have a chat, and set something up, I'll see what I can do with it.

BTW, if I get this all right, there may not be an enhanced podcast for a while. I'm literally teaching myself this as I go along, and I'm taking baby steps,

I would just do a short recording as a first test, just 30 minutes or so. I wouldn't worry about the enhanced thing, it's a nice luxury but it isn't necessarily needed. Though having said that, the differences between the amount of enhanced and normal downloads is big enough that I was gonna stop doing the standard ones as very few download them.

And no, for the moment I want a full break. I put an unbelievable amount of time into doing the last two and wondered if it was worth all the hassle.

I've been pushing for ages for other people (anyone really) to take over and haven't had much luck so I figured this would be the best way before I completely lose my patience with the whole thing.

The podcasts and the effort you put in are appreciated Hendo and I would like to help in them but its hard enough finding time to play games never mind making a podcast about them. I could never commit to anything time wise as the kids make life a bit unpredictable.

Plus I dont think I have enough to say to keep everyone interested for an hour :)

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic