passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

The adding in news was honestly as last minute as it sounded. I just grabbed the news headlines and that was it, no time for anything to read out, just what the name of the story was. It's definitely something we'll continue to do and most likely have to streamline which games we have to talk about and what everyone else has been playing to fit it all in, due to a self imposed time limit. If we're doing these every week then we're aiming for about 30 minutes.

Luckily this week I have a grand total of one game (maybe 2) to ramble about.

We're taking Jimbo's advice for the next one too. :)

Any threads you think worth bringing up, Sly? As a general rule I think 10 minutes for what me and Ben have been playing, 10 for the forum (or a decent thread discussion) and 10 for the news is about right.

Any threads you think worth bringing up, Sly? As a general rule I think 10 minutes for what me and Ben have been playing, 10 for the forum (or a decent thread discussion) and 10 for the news is about right.

PM'd you some ideas, as not to spoil for everyone else if you use them.

Not because we're lazy, but because of technical problems (we recorded it twice!) there won't be a show this week, which I'm sure everyone is sincerely gutted about. <_<

But if you can imagine Ben slagging off Peggle, Star Wars and Indiana Jones then you won't need the audio.

A shame as we're getting the format down a bit better.

yeah sorry everyone, my computer just decided that it doesnt do bank holiday weekends :(

For the record I didnt actually slag off peggle, but i did say star wars is for 5 year olds and indiana jones is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Question is, what are you all going to do about it?

MFGamers Podcast 18 - What We're Playing 31/05/09

This week - Mass Effect, Far Cry 2, A Kingdom For Keflings, Kane and Lynch, Dynasty Warriors : Gundam 2, Terminator : Salvation, Luxor 2, Soul Bubbles, what others are playing, PSP Go, E3 predictions and the MFG tournaments.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 18 - What We're Playing 31/05/09

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe by hitting the iTunes button.

itunes.gif

I'm listening now since I can't sleep because of the heat.

With regards to Mass Effect I tend to think of it as a wide game. The story itself is pretty short but there is loads to do outside that.

Like I mentioned elsewear, Ninja Gaiden II is now finished so no luck was needed. I did it on the easiest setting but I do still have a save game where I'm right at the end on the normal setting, doing that will unlock the hard one so I might try that but I'm expecting major frustration if I do. I'm thinking of doing the same with DMC4 but I feel a bit hack'n'slashed out.

Dunno why I'm rambling, good podcast though.

my ramblings about the Dual Shocks are a bit confused and incoherent, in my defence we'd been going a while at that point and it was very hot. Also I dont know how clear it is on the recording but I've dot a dold.

I wish I'd put more thought into my E3 predictions but tbh everything I'd have guessed at has been leaked already

We're planning some music ones soon. The problem is we're out of the loop with them so where as we had all the tracks to be used in our heads, or at least knowing where they're saved on the computer, so it involves a bit more work.

My guess is the podcast after next will be a music one, but Hendo does more work for them so it depends when he's ready

MFGamers Podcast 19 - E3 2009

First impressions of the Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony conferences.

Warning: is over 70 minutes long and one of us is less than positive throughout. Place your bets.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 19 - E3 2009

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe by hitting the iTunes button.

itunes.gif

:lol: soooo much cut from the Milo 'discussion', I actually come across as quite calm and reasoned thanks to the edit.

Although I dont think i was particularly negative for the rest of it, at least i didnt say I hate Galaxy like Hendo does

nice podcast, i do feel the need to defend M$'s camera thing, i'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as they are expecting, but they are trying something new and the camera is pretty damn clever, this thing sees your body movement in 3D - a bit like motion capture, and some hands on reports say they already have it working with burnout, so it's not complete pie in the sky like the video they showed suggests, burnout is a bad example though as it's always going to be better with a propper conrtoller/wheel and milo is crap beyond belief (it may be clever but from a gamers point of view i have no interest in talking to a virtual person), so they need the games to go with it. and i'm not convinced it will work so great in the wild but the technology is very impressive and opens up lots of possibilities that just can't be done with the wiimote/sonys version. i however feel the voice recognition needs to be slated more, voice recognition never works properly and i won't believe it until i've tried it :ph34r:

Hey, I defended it! I can see the potential in both Sony's and MS's motion things, I just felt that Sony's demonstration was more interesting to watch. MS's was far more stage managed and highly planned out, whereas Sony's felt a little ramshackle and thrown together at the last minute but only made it more endearing to me.

Milo interests me for what it could mean - imagine a Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain game using that tech.

Milo interests me for what it could mean - imagine a Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain game using that tech.

Y'see that's what I'm talking about. I dont think Burnout will work well with it, I'm sure it 'works', much like Ridge Racer on DS, but I'd still take a controller over it everytime. If you can do something interesting with the tech then awesome, I dont think it's necessarily shit, only that the applicatons MS showed weren't viable.

But then I also think your examples could be done with the Eyetoy, even if it's not as good with the motion tracking :huh:

Hey, I defended it! I can see the potential in both Sony's and MS's motion things, I just felt that Sony's demonstration was more interesting to watch. MS's was far more stage managed and highly planned out, whereas Sony's felt a little ramshackle and thrown together at the last minute but only made it more endearing to me.

yeah sorry, you're both right that sony's demonstration was better, MS's just looked like smoke and mirrors, i was much more interested when i read about people playing the burnout demo, although again your both right it's not a good application of the technology. and that's a good point about the cool things you could do in rpg's, i just didn't like milo :unsure:

regarding the eye toy, it's like the difference between 2d and 3d graphics, the burnout demo has people holding their hands out in front of them and steering an invisible/non existent wheel, the eye toy would not even be abe to see your hands/arms in this position, also apparently it has you accelerating/braking by moving your foot towards/away from it, again the eye toy could not even see this movement, all the eye toy can see is your outline, this can see your body position in 3d to some extent, like i've said before i think it will have problems but the difference from the eye toy in terms of the technology is massive, despite the similar looks. also the demo that everyone laughs at with the avatar following the body position of the user, despite it going crazy, it did work a little and the eye toy couldn't do that either.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic