passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

I want a PS3

retroed

FFS.

I saw a Sony advert during the Formula One today (they now sponsor F1 on itv instead of Honda, also) for the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 pack. And damn it if I don't want one.

To top if off, I received an email from GTPlanet earlier, as I used to frequent their forums when I was a GT4 whore. It showed impressions and various screen shots. It's got last years Ferrari Formula One race car in it! And the F40.

But yeah, this time last week I had no intention of purchasing a PS3 until at least the Dual Shock 3 pack is released, you only need to read some of my previous posts to see that. But now, at £299 for the PS3 + Prologue pack, I'm sorely tempted.

Karen saw my eyes light up when I saw the ad, asked me when GT5 Prologue is released, to which I said under two weeks. She said that we have the funds spare and could get one, but I said no we can't do that!

To be honest, it's only GT5 that interests me on the PS Triple at the moment, and the forthcoming Team ICO game. If it's a multiformat game I'd more than likely always go for the 360 version. The progress you make in Prologue will be transferred into the full game, so this almost makes it worth getting.

So yeah, sorry for the blog post. lolz.

:pinch:

Interesting that you definitely want one, I'm still in the "it would be nice to have one" frame of mind.

As you say, games are more likely to be bought on the 360 for multi-format, especially for multiplayer ones, but right now I can't justify one for the few exclusives it has.

MGS I couldn't really care about, nor GT.

However, when LittleBigPlanet comes out I may break. Plus anything that Team LocoRoco (I'm using that name just to be obvious) produces.

Right now all I can think that I would want is Warhawk, Uncharted and a few PSN games (the PixelJunk games and Everyday Shooter). That's not enough at the moment to justify a purchase.

If I was you, I would probably wait for the full game. The Dual Shock 3 will be out and maybe a few more games. I don't know how big the Prologue is but I wouldn't imagine it to be that big. To buy a PS3 for a portion of a game isn't the best idea in the world.

But, if you do have the spare monies and if it brings you some enjoyment then why not? It's ok to throw caution to the wind every now and then.

Sorry for the devil and angel on your shoulder type advice, it doesn't help.:dry:

Got to agree with PTG about waiting for the full version and the proper pad. But if you're desperate and you can find that pack with a couple of actual games (:P) then why not go for i if you can afford it. You're going to get one anyway :side:

Like hendo im in the i wudnt mind having one but too be honest, most the games coming out on ps3 are on 360 too, paying tht much for playstation 3 exclusives..it it a good idea? i'd say at least wait till the full GT5 comes out

I want one, and I will be getting one hopefully this year.

I still really love the MGS series, and LittleBigPlanet looks amazing, Team ICO are guaranteed awesome, and the RPG's still are just the best (Sorry Mistwalker, you're just not good enough yet).

Also, it plays Blu-Ray which is a big bonus.

How many games do you need to list to justify purchasing a system? I have three that will be out this year:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

WipEout HD

LittleBigPlanet

No current releases take my fancy however, although there's probably some stuff on the PSN that I would check out. I would like to try out the PS3 to PSP connectivity, also. The smart person in me says to hold out for a possible price drop or a Dual-Shock 3 bundle, but the other 95% says to get one now. I think i'll hold off for a bit and see if it's just a phase I'm going through.

I did go and find a HDMI cable for £3.55, though. Maybe I'll get one in preparation.

I fancya PS3, purely for Gran Turismunds, but i'll be waitng for a significant price drop as i dont really want one that badly.

A few mates who have both say that the online side is beter than XBL becauseit doesnt suffer from lag as much