passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Too Many Games!

DANGERMAN

Bit of a problem. It seems that Zak & Wiki, NiGHTS, Ghost Squad, and Geometry Wars are all out on friday.

Every single one of those games is worth picking up, and I intended to get Z&W and NiGHTS on their release, but there's no way I'll be able to afford both (and i know theres a chance im the only one interested in all of these)

I really dont get why publishers would choose to release all those games, which are arguably aiming at similar markets, on the same day. Especially SEGA as they've got 2 games out on friday.

For the record I am at least getting NiGHTS, but maybe if things work out right one other

theres always that problem, too many games on one release day. If i really want them, i resort to trading in games, if not i just buy them if they have a "worthable" price.

Normally buying 2 games on 1 day i always end up playing one than the other

I am always mega poor in January. I know it's a long month (we got paid before Christmas Eve) and each year I still run out of fundage half way through. I want Zack & Wiki this Friday, and Burnout Paradise next Friday, along with me ordering the US Advance Wars 2 DS that's out very soon, and the new Apollo Justice!

Can't complain though I guess, a sign of a good gaming year ahead?

I already have Z&W and Ghost Squad. NiGHTS can wait 'til it's really cheap, and I'm still not sold on Geometry Wars. Just bought Uncharted though, actually want to finish it, so it'll be getting my undivided attention, apart from handheld time.

I got paid today, and though I've seen the fruits of our pay rise (100 quid extra a month after tax) my car needs a service which takes care of that.

To be honest, I have Geometry Wars on XBLA and while it's a great game, I'm rubbish at it and I'd only buy the DS or Wii version if I was after a new challenge with it - though apparently there's loads of stuff in there.

Ghost Squad I'm waiting for opinions on it, and NiGHTS.....I'll buy it but Zack & Wiki takes the important slot of must-buy.

Plus there's those damned two other Wii games that I can't find anywhere.

By complete turnaround, there's absolutely nothing on the 360 at the moment that I want. Burnout maybe, or some older game that you can pick up cheap but nothing I can think of.

It sounds like it's gonna be really good, but I haven't played any of the previous ones so I can't say I'm excited. I do remember a mate going on and on about how amazing the first one was, then the second one came out and he wasn't a happy bunny.

it's really strange having loads of seemingly good games out in jan/feb. i don't know what to do, definitely getting dmc4 (really enjoyed 3) but undecided on zak and wiki and nights, any decicion will probably be made in asda on friday. also unsure about the club - need to play the demo properly. never heard of ghost squad :unsure:

Ghost Squad is a lightgun shooter, except it seems to have some old school sega mentalness in there, like men with bikini tan lines.

Sadly bills had to be paid and i'm going to have to pay asda a visit to get Nights which means i wont be able to get it early from Gameplay like i was planning :( Also theres no chance of a second game being added to the list, which might be for the best but does make me question why exactly i have a job

Ben wrote:

Ghost Squad is a lightgun shooter, except it seems to have some old school sega mentalness in there, like men with bikini tan lines.

thanks ben, had a little read of the impressions at ntsc-uk, maybe i'll pick up cheap later on.

probably decided on getting zak and wiki and playing the original nights some more instead of getting the new one just yet :)

Ghost Squad is unbelievably good fun. If it's out for less than twenty notes, consider it essential. Co-op is the most fun I've had in a MP game for years.

Incredibly short mind, but there's 16+ variants of each level to unlock.