passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Shin_Seffron

I can't remember, but my usual setting is to start on Normal, so I'm guessing that one.

The problem could be that at that point I have no genades left, or that my weapons aren't suitably powered up, but I have to start from that section. It looks like if I cancel the load from that bit I'll lose my save, is that going back to all the way to the start of the level? I can't be fucked with that.

At that point I'm using a level 3 machine gun with about 150 bullets in and a rocket launcher I picked up just before the boss battle with 4 shots in it. There's only 1 shot of green herb in the area, and while that may sound like it's enough to beat him easily, my main problem with the boss battles (actually it extends across the whole game) is how many shots they take, and how little the energy bar goes down.

Plus, on the Nemesis battle, he has tentacles that attack you and the best thing to do is to just stand there and take the damage.

It's a fucker.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started the level again and saved up my ammo to beat the Nemasis, I also had to use a friend. Its just a case of doing enough damage before it uses its tenticle move. Its not the most enjoyable boss battle.

It looks like theres room left on the menu for another level, anyone know how to unlock it?

Fired this up for the first time yesterday for some simultanious co-op with the newly converted gamer misses.

Only play the Train Derailment 1 + 2 of Resi 0 but of what we both played we loved. We spanked ass too, the scorpion then the bat fell at our feet. I spent just as much time blasting the scenery with my handgun as i did laying waste to Zombies with the shotgun and was very pleased to be rewarded with the pickups hidden about.

I found the controlls very intuative, i love the weapon select being on the D-Pad and you can keep you Zapper, the Wiimote in my hand worked just fine. AND i wast waring a strap AND the Wiimote wasnt in its condom. Thats right.

Cant wait to get craking on this tonight.

I played this on Co-op too and tried using the zapper, its fucking shit, it makes the game unplayable as you need to press the A button and sometimes you need to hold Z and slash with the Wiimote to make use it as a knife, which just isnt possible with the Zapper, you can take the nunchuck out of the zapper, but its still unusable, I cant see there being any benefit to the zapper in any game really, unless its multiplayer and everyone thats playing agree to use it...

Anyway I enjoyed the multiplayer to this a lot more, I cant figure out why but it certainly adds to the game playing it in multiplayer....maybe like gIlldog said its because one of you can shoot the zombies while the other gets the pickups and stuff.

sambob wrote:

IAnyway I enjoyed the multiplayer to this a lot more, I cant figure out why but it certainly adds to the game playing it in multiplayer....maybe like gIlldog said its because one of you can shoot the zombies while the other gets the pickups and stuff.

I didnt say that at all you cocksniffer.

I retract my previous statement of extreme isle of wight related racism, I feel that it was totally uncalled for and that there is no place in this world for that kind of opinion.

In response to your previous post illdog, you are correct I erroneously stated that you said you only shot the scenery, where upon reading through your earlier post you do indeed say that you shot zombie and scenery in equal measure.

Yours Sincerely, Sambob.

I told you that you'd end up loving it!

I'll fire it up again soon and try to finish it but Ghost Squad is calling me.

And yeah Sam, the Zapper is a bad idea for this one, not so much Crossbow Training (though I prefer to not use it) and apparently it really works well with Ghost Squad.

Back to Resi, it's definitely getting a trade-in when I either finish it or just get bored of having it stare at me.

I haven't played this since the last time I posted about it. It's not bad, just not particularly brilliant either.

I can't bear to trade it in either, as it was a Chrimbo present, and I hate doing that.

We finished the Resi 0 section last night, I really enjoyed it but I read on this thread that most thought it was cack. Is that in comparison to the rest of the game or did you all ahte it generally?

Started the Resident Evil section, through the original mansion and all that and it was superb tho.

illdog wrote:

We finished the Resi 0 section last night, I really enjoyed it but I read on this thread that most thought it was cack. Is that in comparison to the rest of the game or did you all ahte it generally?

Started the Resident Evil section, through the original mansion and all that and it was superb tho.

I haven't played all the game yet, but I just felt those RE0 bits were too full of stupid leeches and bats instead of actual zombies and scary things.

Played this a bit on multi last night and it's a far better game that way. I might be wrong but the game doesnt seem to take into acount the 2nd player and keeps the difficulty the same as single player would be.

It's a bit annoying how dark it is at points, it builds tension but there were parts where i was just guessing where enemies were.

Not sure I can be arsed to finish this single player, but I'd happily play 2 player again

The Misses and I finished off Nemesis last night, that boss battle was great.

Even tho he's dead now....

What the fuck are you supposed to do when the tentacles come up through the ground? Shooting and knifing didnt seem to do anything so we just took it like pro's.

I killed him with a reall lucky MRL shot, i went to change weapons and pressed fire instead and BAM! Right in the kisser. illdog (+ misses) = king.

I've actually been playing it more over the past few days and I'm really starting to like it.

I've done all the normal missions now and I'm nbow doing all of the 'extra' ones, and they're very enjoyable. It's fun going back through stages to get a better rank and spec up your weapons.

I think I like it more now that I've realised it's not really a lightgun shooter and went along with the slow pace of it all.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this game. I played Ghost Squad at Wiivos the other day and RE:UC is far better. GS is ok just does have enough content for me. RE:UC is also better on multiplayer than single player which was a suprise.

:ohmy: