passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guitar Hero III (all formats)

Hendo

but things have changed since gh2 - it's got worse :(

illdog wrote:

Riegn in Blood and One are such a massive step up it currently seems both ridiculous and impossible.

^ yeah thoes 2 (and the boss battle) are stupidly hard, most of the songs on expert seem easier!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant do One or Reign In Blood/Raining Blood/whatever on hard. cant remember where i fail on Slayer's classic but theres a solo in the heavy bit of One that absolutely kicks my arse. i just started on expert mode when i got up to there.

ive managed to get up to slash on expert, maybe i could get past him with practise but i fucking hate the boss battles, worst idea ever making them compulsory to advance. got mostly 4 and 5 stars on all the songs leading up to slash on expert too, sweet

spatular wrote:

i think you can skip the boss battles if you try it and fail 3 times it gives you the option? i think i skipped slash on expert :)

Really? I don't think it does.

Although I was only ever suck on Lou, so it may let you skip the other bosses, but not him.

US Disc Replacement Scheme

Ok, you can be pissed off now Hendo. It seems that when they get around to actually offering the replacements the way its going to work is that they send you an envelope and you post your copy of GH3 back. Then you wait a month and hope its been replaced.

I dont really mind having to send it off, but I'd want a week turnaround. A month just seems like they're either covering themselves incase they lose something or they havent actually got enough discs yet

And for the record i guess i should admit that I havent play GH3 in a month, but it will be getting played in the next few weeks and I WILL get to the point where i can manage hard mode at some point :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Refund?

Not sure if this is coming over here, but I assume so. Basically if you're sick of the whole thing, or are so fucked off with the shitty customer service (at least they're doing something but it's still not a great solution) then you can get a refund on the Wii version of Guitar Hero 3.

Not sure whether I'm going to take them up on it. I do like GH3, and I get the feeling that if I got the money back i'd just piss it away on something I didnt want and then start aching for GH3 again. BUT I shouldn't have to wait a month for a replacement unless it's coming with an apology guitar. What I will say though is that if Rock Band was out soon, then the £60 refund would be going towards that

I'll tell you what I am sick of - 4 version of Guitar Hero coming out this year. :angry:

I'm sure I'll change my mind whenever the next one's tracklisting is announced (in no way shape or form am I interested in the Aerosmith one), but I think it's time to change my allegiance over to Rock Band.

• 2 weeks later...

I know some people reading this who are shit hot at GH games will laugh to themselves, but im in now way 1337 and i finally beat One by Metallica on Hard. It was an absolute cunt.

Reign of Blood is still kicking my ass tho. :( That first bit consisting of hammering Blue Yellow Red, Orange, Blue, Yellow repeat is beyong me on anything but Slow in practice. Double:(

Guitar Hero is the same as Ouendan and EBA for me - when it's too much like hard work, I stop playing.

I like Hard mode on GH but Expert can fuck off. Same reasoning that I have no desire to play stupidly fast guitar in real life, so I've no interest in doing it in Guitar Hero either.

Easy = boring

Normal = fun

Hard = a challenge

Expert = fuck off

First time ive played one of these games, ive always looked in game stores and thought why?? why and oh why? would you want to play a plastic guitar??

Just didn't get it! well my brother came home from work with GH3 for the wii under his arm, he traded all his DS games and for credit for some future wii games but as he got over £160! he picked this up!

Its really good fun, ive only played some practice tunes and getting the feel of the game but its great!!

Are the other 2 worth picking up for the 360?? or just stick with this version?? was thinking of getting me a copy of the wii version to play some co-op

• 1 month later...

I finally beat Reign of Blood on Hard, im still not sure how i got through that first solo but i did and i was so surprised i nearly fucked up the easy bit that follows. So after that gargantuan effort i get to Lou. So fuck that, i'll never finish GH3 on Hard then.

On the plus, Topgun and me had some great battles online the other night, really enjoyed it altho I got my ass kicked each and everytime. To me thats a mark of a great game tho, one where i can loose a thousand times in a row and still be thirsty for more. Pro face off is where its at, I cant stand doing a bit of a song then waiting for the other player to finish theirs before i can wail again.