passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guitar Hero III (all formats)

Hendo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When would-be Wii Guitar Heroes found out that their copies of Guitar Hero III were only spitting out monaural audio—when it allegedly supports stereo and Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound audio—there were more than a few unhappy campers in shiny-white-plastic-console land. If you are a resident of such lands, Activision has some good news for you: a fix is on the way.

As reported by IGN, Activision expects "to have re-mastered Guitar Hero III discs available in early 2008 and it will be offering consumers replacement discs at no cost once they become available." I "do my rock" on the 360, personally, but here's hoping that Activision offers up some free downloadable content to ease the suffering of my Wii brothers and sisters.

No details yet on how impacted rockers will be able to request a new copy for mail-order replacement or if these new discs will be distributed via retail stores, but you can rest assured the ever-vigilant Opposable Thumbs will keep you updated on the situation as soon as the grapevine vibrates.

I know the mono bug is inexcusable, but it really doesn't bother me. I can't even notice it frankly.

I heard some people on some other site say that you'll only really hear it if you are using different speakers from your TV ones, which I'm not.

Yeah it doesn't really make a big difference to me. Mind, the special power effect is a bit shitty sounding, could be the mono.

Oh, and Phil - it doesn't take long to unlock stuff, you soon start earning loads of cash.

yeah wouldnt bother me either, a guitar on its own is mono anyway, and it is a game about you and your guitar

but still a tremendous fuck up or oversight for a music game. i can imagine some audio bores are bothered though, i guess if youve got a sweet booming speaker setup with plenty of separation its much more noticable

Well I been playing the game a lot and it's grown on me.

After discovering that you can get money on easy unlike Guitar Hero 2, I raced through it, unlocked Slash (:)), and completed it which I'm happy about. The guitar has kinda grown on me although I still prefer my old wireless one. Just 2 complaints.

The boss battles suck! I was pretty bored battling Lou and it seemed pretty pointless to me. The CPU hit every note always even on Easy and it's just a race to get as many power-ups as you can which is stupid to me.

Also, I personally think the soundtrack isn't as good as Guitar Hero 2. I only like a couple, favourite being Through The Fire And Flames. 4 stars, first go on easy. I suck, don't I?

EDIT: I've been wondering, where does the series go from here? To me, most of the new additions suck so will it just be a case of more songs, expanding upon the game? or even adding more instruments liek Rock Band?

well ive been talking to my cousin a lot about GH3, and ive decided ill blag it for christmas on the 360. I know i will get a shitload of online playtime with him, and as he lives a long way away at the moment thats a great thing. also he'll be coming to my house on chrimbo day and he'll bring his guitar controller, so itll be a great chrimbo game. cant wait!

Galactica wrote:

EDIT: I've been wondering, where does the series go from here? To me, most of the new additions suck so will it just be a case of more songs, expanding upon the game? or even adding more instruments liek Rock Band?

rock band is the true successor to gh2 ;)

i agree regarding the additions, they mostly suck, online play works well though and the web site integration is cool, like how you can setup a tour group and easily compare scores with friends and stuff (tour group i'm in: http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/7755 ). one feature that would be nice in the future is an online coop career mode.

at first i was pretty disapointed with gh3 but have grown to really like quite a lot of the songs :)

No, you can do up to 7 songs, but it's not set out as a career or anything

spatular wrote:

at first i was pretty disapointed with gh3 but have grown to really like quite a lot of the songs :)

I've never been a big fan of the single player of the GH games, I alway preffered working with someone to finish a song, which is why Rock Band appeals to me. But GH3 has won me over, I cant think of a song i've played that i havent liked either playing or listening to, which is pretty good considering I'd only claim to like about 4 of the bands

Like every game ever released though, it needs more Tool

Ben wrote:

I cant think of a song i've played that i havent liked either playing or listening to, which is pretty good considering I'd only claim to like about 4 of the bands

yeah same here. just as in previous gh games i've hardly heard of any of the songs before buying the game but end up really liking loads of them. the difference i found with gh3 was i didn't enjoy it as much first time through, maybe because its old hat for me now?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm rubbish at Guitar Hero, I've decided.

When you're playing, do you guys use a finger for each button, or do you just use one (say, your index finger), and slide it up and down? I've been doing the latter, with a bit of my middle finger thrown in every now and then, as I can't seem to coordinate my fingers. :huh:

Use one finger on each button Ed, its the only way to play. Practice is all thats required, I was a bumbling arse when I first tried to 'Rock', but ive now completed GH1 and 2 on Hard so if I can, you can. Try to learn the Pull Ons and Hammer Off teq's too, its hard to get your head round them at first but they make all the difference later on. Practice my friend.

Yep, with just one finger you'll probably never get past Easy mode, and definitely won't finish Medium.

You gotta assign each finger to a button, practice a lot on Easy until you're comfortable and soon you'll be shredding like a beast. :)

yeah you need to use all your fingers ed to have a fighting chance at medium difficulty and upwards. but dont be too downbeat, theres not a single song on GH3 i couldnt play (on the bass) in real life as far as im concerned but i cant beat Lou on medium with all four fingers - and occasionally a thumb if im so inclined