The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Jimboxy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the drawing on the maps, using that to note important locations like treasure or a bombable wall, or to write down something someone said, is brilliant, really brill. ill have a hard time letting go of that, come the next zelda game (on the wii so presumably wont have the same intuitive interface for making notes)

TopGunKnacker wrote:

it is isnt it, fucking off the charts. i really dont think metroid prime 3 will be my nomination for GOTM

Off-topic slightly, but Metroid 3 isn't a guaranteed purchase for me. If it was online it would be a definite but deep down I didn't enjoy the others that much and this isn't gonna be that different.

As for Zelda....I know my favourite supermarkets will see me right.

Hendo wrote:

TopGunKnacker wrote:
it is isnt it, fucking off the charts. i really dont think metroid prime 3 will be my nomination for GOTM

Off-topic slightly, but Metroid 3 isn't a guaranteed purchase for me. If it was online it would be a definite but deep down I didn't enjoy the others that much and this isn't gonna be that different.

As for Zelda....I know my favourite supermarkets will see me right.

If my copy comes after the EU release, I have some machetes in my house.

Anyone buying this game in 'their favourite supermarket' should be worried:laugh: :whistle:

fair enough hendo, im not the staunchest fan of the metroid prime games either, despite them seemingly ticking all the right boxes

but its one of those games where like a handsome moth to a superb flame - i must play it to find out, and if that means handing over the best part of 30 pounds to asda (THE BEST) come release day then so be it!

I'll probably be getting Metroid 3 as well.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first two, but no doubt it'll get close to release day and I'll break down, run to town and come hope with a nice new Metroid game.

Fecking Royal Mail. I'd have my copy now as well if they werent such a bunch of lazy bastards.

Metroid 3 will be a definite purchase for me, and GOTM is gonna be a hard decision. Although even if Metroid blows Zelda out the water (haw haw!) i can see the majority of people voting for zelda as metroids out too close to the end of the month...

and Hendo why buy Halo 3 and not Prime 3?!

Games!!! wrote:

I'll probably be getting Metroid 3 as well.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first two, but no doubt it'll get close to release day and I'll break down, run to town and come hope with a nice new Metroid game.

or barbie horse adventures 2

I'm really looking forward to this, a new Zelda game is always awesome. I don't know much about how this game is gonna work but I have purposely kept myself in the dark about it, if theres one series you can do that with and not be disapointed, its this one.

But whats with the lack of love for Metroid Prime, shame on you all.:angry:

Shin_Seffron wrote:

and Hendo why buy Halo 3 and not Prime 3?!

Hendo wrote:

If it was online it would be a definite

It really is that simple I'm afraid.

On topic I'm really looking forward to this new Zelda but I fear I may need a new DS as my screen is getting less and less responsive over time. :(

I was secretly hoping mine might turn up today. We got some post on friday so I think we've got a few posties or agency workers doing the rounds. Thing is, I dont think we've had any post on a saturday since we moved in. :S

On the topic of Metroid, if it's out on the same day as Zak & Wiki, then if I can only get one I think i'll plump for Capcoms game. I'd hate to see it get ignored like most other 3rd party Wii games, it deserves better than that. Ideally I'll be able to afford both, and as both are fairly different games. Z&W will probably be a good change of pace to what is likely to be a lengthy Zelda game too

I think it's interesting that the multiplayer of a game such as halo or metroid, is so important to people that they actually reconsider whether to buy a copy or not based on quality or implementation of said feature. to me a game is about a man-to-game challenge, a man-on-quest royal rumble with lots of NPC death and checkpoints. a single player story extravaganza with twists and turns and trials and tribulations, whether it's online or not is an afterthought

TopGunKnacker wrote:

the drawing on the maps, using that to note important locations like treasure or a bombable wall, or to write down something someone said, is brilliant, really brill. ill have a hard time letting go of that, come the next zelda game (on the wii so presumably wont have the same intuitive interface for making notes)

yeah writing notes is fantastic. which until you've used it sounds dumb but it really is great! i dont see why it couldnt be done on wii either using a steady hand or pointing to a location on map then using the wii's keyboard thing to type out te info.

Oh and Prime 3 is a must for me, have book 2 days off, thursday in hope it comes a day early, fri and im off weekends, cant wait :D

TopGunKnacker wrote:

I think it's interesting that the multiplayer of a game such as halo or metroid, is so important to people that they actually reconsider whether to buy a copy or not based on quality or implementation of said feature. to me a game is about a man-to-game challenge, a man-on-quest royal rumble with lots of NPC death and checkpoints. a single player story extravaganza with twists and turns and trials and tribulations, whether it's online or not is an afterthought

Normally I'd completely agree, but with the first Prime I started it from scratch 3 times because I got lost or bored and wanted to be enjoying it like everybody else.

The 2nd one I didn't enjoy either and to make matters worse it had a truly terrible multiplayer which made the game seem even worse.

That does sound at odds with me wanting Prime 3 to be online, but they got a decent multiplayer on Prime Hunters so I know it can be done.

I might change my mind nearer the release, but it's not a definite buy so far.

Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand, certainly is! I miss the Wind Waker style.

i have got to stop posting when im drunk! :P yeah i can definitely understand your prime stance, hendo, its not your favourite by a long shot but a multiplayer very well may have sold it to you - especially on the wii where some more online stuff would go down a treat. what i find puzzling is the people that claim to love these games but withdraw support at the first mention of a lack of multiplayer