passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

SEGA Rally (360/PS3/PSP/PC)

retroed

Out today on 360, PS3, PSP, and PC.

There was a bit of talk about this in the demo thread in this very section, but seeing as the game is out now, i thought I'd start a topic.

Anyways, I thought I'd have another quick go on the Canyon track. I was 1st after the first lap, and continued to hold the position until the end. I seem to be getting the hang of the controls now, and am absolutely loving it. It's one of those racers that brings a huge smile to your face, similar to that of when I first experienced OutRun 2006 C2C.

I'm seriously thinking of picking SEGA Rally up soon, perhaps when it drops in price a bit. I can imagine this will be a game that doesn't get the attention it deserves, and will be price slashed in a month or two, but I could be wrong. Although £29.99 for the 360 version on blahdvd is tempting, I must hold off for the time being as I have enough to keep me going right now. If I find a spare 30 notes doing nothing, it's going straight on this, however.

Fantastic arcade racer. Looks amazing and handles superbly. Well done Sega.

EDIT: It's also £29.99 in gamestation I believe, hmmm what can I trade...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some first impressions over at NTSC-UK have tipped me over the edge. I'm going to take the remaining games I'm trying to get rid of into Gamestation and see what I can get, I know Worms 2 PSP is a tenner straight off the bat, so I may be able to get it without laying out many/any funds. The more I think about the game, the more I want it! Online races should be great with six cars and tight courses.

Well I ended up getting this today. I traded in Worms 2 PSP (£17), Powerstone Collection PSP (£5), and Snowboards Kids DS (£5). It was £39.99 instore, so I had to pay £12.99 for it, but I'm happy with that.

I haven't played the full game yet, but I intend to have a few blasts on it this weekend. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing this a little bit, whilst waiting for PGR4 to arrive, and it's a superb game. The graphics are very impressive, and it controls excellently once you get to know how Sega Rally plays.

This game will sit very nicely next to PGR4/Forza2, when you just feel like having a quick blast for 5 or 10 mins. It has that just one more go thing going on, mind. :)

Ive only had a quick go on the demo of Sega Rally, and i must say i didnt think too much of it. I loved the first one like a cute puppy, but this one didnt grab me. I think it was the over exaggerated power slides where your car ends up pretty much facing backwards before you start turning :P

Maybe ill have to give it more of a chance because i do want to like this game

post-156-1192436176.jpg

I did exactly the same thing!

Not long before Ed posted this last night, actually, I thought I'd give it another blast. I failed miserably. :(

BUT!

I gave it another go and tried to be more gentle with the turning and let go of the acelerator (rather than use the handbrake, which is what a mate advised me to do) and I actually came first!

I still can't tell what difference the track deformation makes to the actual gameplay, though.

Being a big fan of the original Sega Rally I wanted to cry when I saw new cars in Sega Rally, the gameplay has kept me from crying though, until I unlocked the Modified class, the cars are fucking retarded, it's like they have the turning circle of a tank. Luckily the Masters class is awesome as pie as the cars are stupidly fast for such retro cars and handle lovely, not long until I unlock that stratos now. :D

Sadly though, it doesn't hold that certain Sega Rally charm that attracted me to Sega Rally one and two so much, still a pretty darn good game though.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'm sold.

I showed this to my invisible friend over the weekend (both of us are big fans of the Dreamcast one) and i showed him how slippy the handling is.

However, even though both of us hate first-person driving views with a passion, we found that FP view really works on this, makes it playable, nay awesome.

More to the point, he said he's buy a 360 for that, which is pretty strong stuff as he's fallen out of love with games.

Awesome! Bumper cam rules for racing games in my opinion, although with Sega Rally I find myself using the bonnet cam all the time. Glad you're getting it though, I'll have to get back into it and have some races soon. :)

• 1 month later...

Triple post FTW.

Been playing the shit out of this lately, I've even took it online against strangers and even been playing it in ranked matches. Last time I looked I was something like 1000 rank in the world, which is crazy as I'm actually a bag of shite.

One of the best racing games I've played, but don't play it in anything other than bumper view - it's easy to tell the people that haven't played it much or are playing in the standard view, as they swerve across the track like crazy!

i always use chase cam, and am finding it really hard to progress in single player so maybe i'll try the bumper cam? been playing it on and off for a while and like it, but am not completely convinced by the handling, it seems faster on some corners to hit the wall, which is a bit silly.