passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

I'm defo getting Forza 3, it's one of the few games I have up on order and am willing to pay full price for. I know a lot of people found the endurance races a pain in the arse on 2 but I found some of them quite relaxing, particularly the B class one, which I did in about 15 different cars ranging from heavily modified hatchbacks, classic cars and stuff that had hardly any modifications with different or no aids each time. Maybe it was just that I liked the Maple Valley track and the speedy but controllable cars of the B class. *shrugs*

On topic, I'm downloading the Batman demo to see if it's really as good as people say it is.

• 2 weeks later...
The demo for NBA Live 10 has landed on Xbox Live Marketplace, and is now available for download. In the demo, you will be able to relive two quarters of the 2008-09 NBA Finals between the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers. The demo weighs in at 744 MB, and will allow you to use the latest player tendencies and stats, which is powered by Dynamic DNA.

Konami just sent word that their PES 2010 demo will drop on to Xbox Live tomorrow.

The demo will let players choose from one of six teams - Barcelona, Liverpool, France, Germany, Spain and Italy - and play against either the CPU or a friend (it doesn't specify whether that is locally or over Xbox Live) in a five minute match.

Finally, now the real PES 2010 vs FIFA 10 face off can now officially start. Who wins? You decide... Wait... that's Big Brother.

PES 2010 is coming on October 23rd in Europe.

Played both versions and ive got to say, unless Pro Evo does something with its final bit of development time, its beaten once again.

The players dont really look like they are running on the ground, and they all run like some kind of weird hunters. The ball physics are just shit, it always balloons around, and in comparison to Fifa its just not very good.

The graphics have had a decent overhaul, and the likenesses are much improved, id like to give it a gamble but based on the two demos Fifa is still a much better game.

Fifa itself doesnt appear to have changed at all, and if anything then this might make me more likely to get Pro Evo if I do go in for a footy game this year. The 360 degree running makes the play much more fluid, but I cant see anything else different, I could have pretty much been playing Fifa 09.

PES seemed to have changed a bit to me, the pitch wasnt as giant as it used to be, and the characters were a bit smoother to control. Still though the instant I tried playing a quick passing game it fell apart and the AI took over passing wherever the fuck it wanted. Shame because I do think it's an improvement on last year.

As for which I'd get, I dont know if I'll bother with either. FIFA 09 still holds up, although I would quite like to start a new Pro mode without it seeming worthless

I have an American account, but the demo is for Gold subs only, and I ain't paying just to get the demo.

On the flipside, Giant Bombcast listeners will be pleased to know the Americans have a demo for Darkest of Days that I don't think we have, so I'm downloading just to see how bad it is.

Wolfenstein seems pretty solid, absolutely dumb as fuck, but good fun.