passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Swallow

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole grey/black thing for friend vouchers is confusing me, but anyone fancy sending me a voucher and I'll recipricate. At the minute i've got 11 of them so we can do a couple if you want

It's a shame I'm not likely to get this finished before friday, it's a really well done game, but it feels like it's going to be a long time before I finish it

I'm ashamed to admit it, but that cosplay is hot :(

It's sucha shame this and Mario have come out so close to each other, as Metroid is just superb. There was a great moment just where after a needlessly difficult jump, I meandered over to a door and got the first scare I've ever had playing a Metroid game :laugh: The room I entered was suitably creepy too, and I think I know who I'm about to meet again :ohmy:

Great game, it's such a shame it's competing for my time with Mario

Completed this last night, and I can honestly say it's one of my favourite games of all time. I'm not sure I'm likely to go back to it, and one or two of the bosses were a bit predictable in their moveset (jump in the air, land and send shockwaves - Every boss had that move). But the controls work aswell as any fps, even with my dodgy calibration, and the atmosphere is incredible! I wont spoil where abouts, but towards the end of the game, theres sections that are genuinely freaky once the music kicks in

If Mario doesnt really grab me again when I go back to it, then this may just get my game of the year vote :ohmy:

Also, anyone still playing and want to swap friend vouchers?

• 1 month later...

finished this today, and i really liked it, the controls work well but i don't think they can be compared to standard fps controls, it's just a wii version of the old metroid prime controls. i'm not one for having to explore every possible location before i can figgure out what to do next...so some stuff later on is pretty annoying but using a guide when stuck helps a lot. also the reduced difficulty from the gamecube games is great :)

Gave myself a good kick up the arse and went back to this over the last couple of days. Just got the final boss to go, and I honestly can't find a thing to fault the game for, apart from the uneven opening. Absolutely immense, and if the end boss is what as good as I think it'll be this game will take some shifting as the best Metroid game since Super Metroid. Really, really top drawer.

wildejon wrote:

Ben wrote:

Also, anyone still playing and want to swap friend vouchers?

I'm about to start! :)

Looking forward to it too, sounds like its gonna be pretty sweet!

I'm not sure how many friend vouchers ive got left, but give me a shout if you want to swap some. I traded some with Spatular last week, so I've pretty much got everything I'd want, but they are just sitting there so if you or anyone else needs to trade I'll help you out

• 6 years later...

I started this again today, i don't think on my original go i even fired up the first generator. I forgot how much i like the Wii controls and the extra level of immersion they can bring when used correctly. Played an hour, done the first boss fight and am at the first planet.

Id love to play the first Prime on the Wii with the motion controls. I have the trilogy sealed upstairs but its all sealed and precious. Might have a go at the cube version on the Wii and make do with the pad. But I must play Corruption first, you bunch of sexual temptresses.

It's the trilogy version I have. If memory serves I'm at one of the more annoying areas of the game (I googled it and I think it's the Phazon Mines). There's a long trip from the save point to a mini boss, I remember spending ages one night trying to figure out how to kill him...which I didn't. For some reason I switched it off rather than look up the solution on the internet while I was doing it... :facepalm:

I dread every time I get to a boss in this fucking game. I remember this problem from the past games too.

Ive just spent about an hour trying to kill the boss on Byros. Ive been having a pretty good time up until now, the disarming of the gun turrets was cool and the game really got going with its grapling hooks and ice missiles and little puzzles here and there, it's been great. It took a while to get going but now its great. But this boss takes the fucking piss.

It might just be me being really shit at this game but I didn't know what to do once you destroyed those red orbs. It was bad enough destroying one or two only for him to re-suck them out of those things on the walls. Then I discovered there was a cunt in his back to so I destroyed that as well as the three on his front - still not a sratch off his energy bar. The I realised you had to hypercharge your suit with Phazon energy in to one of the wholes previously covered by the red ords. That was the ticket and a nice chunk off his energy bar to boot. But this has taken about 55 minutes. Then he got some sort of ice shit round his feet, charged at me a couple of times whilst I was trying to figure out what the fuck to do yet again and I died. Now I have to do it all over again and right at this point Nintendo and Retro Studios can go fuck themselves.

Come on ill, you can do it bbz.

I fired up the Metroid Prime trilogy the other day and I'm gonna do a veteran run on all of them.

I've done it before on the original but not the other two as far as I remember.

As far as bosses the only thorough cunt I remember was a floating ball thing that spawns loads of shields. Look forward to that one, ill.