passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The random download games thread

Sambob

As I posted earlier in the thread, they had the Live Arcade awards and here are the winners:

* Best Overall Arcade Game: "Bomberman Live" (Hudson Entertainment)

* Best Classic Game: "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" (Konami Digital Entertainment)

* Best Original Game: "Pac-Man: Championship Edition" (Namco Bancai Games)

* Best Family-Friendly Game: "Pac-Man: Championship Edition" (Namco Bandai Games)

* Best Competitive Multiplayer Game: "Bomberman Live" (Hudson Entertainment)

* Best Cooperative Multiplayer Game: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (Ubisoft Entertainment)

* Best-Selling Game: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (Ubisoft Entertainment)

* Most-Played Game: "Worms" (Team17 Software Limited)

* Highest-Rated Game: "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" (Konami Digital Entertainment)

* Xbox Live Arcade Staff Choice: "Pac-Man: Championship Edition" (Namco Bandai Games)

Oh, and Triggerheart Exelica is out over here this week too.

Yay, ball flick! Triple post-o-rama.

No-one elst download Triggerheart?

I had a blast on it, didnt know what the fuck i was doing but on the second run through i was a bit moree comfortable.

As well as shooting the shit out of everything you can lock an anchor on enemies and swing them round, handy for taking out bullets. Its on Auto-Swing default but second run through i took it of cos you can use enemies as a shield.

I finished it with Excelica but a novice of shooters like me struggled like fuck, thank the lord for unlimited continues. Sometimes the screen was so full of bullets, i cant see howto survive all that shit.

Good stuff tho.

illdog wrote:

Yay, ball flick! Triple post-o-rama.

No-one elst download Triggerheart?

yeah i got it! its great fun, definatley worth a download!

I took auto swing off too (the DC version never had it) it makes it much more rewarding to play, the abiltity to use stuff as a shield and i found it easier to aim

i spent some time trying to get the achievement for completing Contra on one continue today. i was trying to make it interesting by making up my own achievement, finish contra on one continue whilst only shooting what you absolutely must to continue, with the laser! its fun as hell. i can complete the first level having only pressed the fire button 4 times ;)

More Triggerheart gushing.

I cant get enough if this game, i wish i was better at shooters but im not, im pants.

In my efforts to fight Crueltear at the end of level one (in which u need 3000 metals or whatever you call it [/Data from Goonies]) I consulted YouTube for cheaty guidance. Check the video below, his bullet dodging skills at the end are far beyond mine.

Triggerheart awesomeness.

Also, hope you have some sound on, the music for the end boss is outstanding.

really enjoying triggerheart too, but also suck at it. had just enough medal things a few times to get to crueltear on the first level but keep dying as the boss bullet patterns get well hard.

edit - nicked that video to try and pimp this on another site :)

edit2 - video at superplay if anyone is interested: http://www.super-play.co.uk/index.php?cont...66&playerid=ALL

Triggerheart is a bit.. average as far as shmups go, but it's still quite good fun, if rather shallow. It says a lot when something as un-extraordinary as this is one of the best games on Live Arcade though..

I got a Hori stick for the 360 yesterday for this and Pacman: CE B)