passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)

retroed

This is a copy and paste from rllmuk. Thread here.

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)

No doubt some of you are aware by now of the brand new Super Mario World Internet sensation sweeping the web; Super Mario World Kaizo Edition. Not for the faint-hearted, this particular ROM hack appears to be developed by the devil himself, utilising some of SMW's most notorious enemies and obstacles in near-ridiculous situations to produce possibly the most insane 'game' ever created.

Kaizo.png

Not one to shy away from challenges (and an excuse to play my favourite game, albeit in a heavily disguised self-suicide edition) I have decided to play through the entire thing for your pleasure. I'm still learning the ropes, as it were, but I'll be uploading the results to YouTube (and this thread) as I progress. I'll also be putting together a package of files that you can use to play through the game as well a little later on. These will include a couple of video recording .exe files, the ROM itself, and the encoder for the audio, so bear with me.

Still, I have at least managed to get the first level completed just now:

'Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)' Video Progress:

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) Intro + 1-1

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 1-S

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 1-2

Fucking hell! :blink:

Oh, and check THIS out... :laugh:

I mean, i bet he enjoyed the challenge and stuff but, I just really wouldnt enjoy doing that after about four tries....I had to stop playing fucking...i dont even remember the name, alterer or something, the god sim on snes because it took me more than about 20 attempts to do it...just becomes a chore, but something as punishing as that mario game would literally make me go insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been checking the links and blimey this guy is very talented, superb gaming. I wouldnt even get close!! i still havent got past the bullets and my laptop was about to go out the window!!

Fair play to him and im never going to play this version again!!

• 14 years later...

Can a rom hack be a game of the year contender? Because this shit is crazy. It’s like Sweary x Kojima but a piss take of that in Mario game form. There’s stuff in this game that is so clever and funny, backed up some of the maddest Kaizo levels I’ve seen in a minute. 

That Elon Musk boss fight 😓