passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Gaming Setup

retroed

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a great setup, really miss my surround sound. New tv came with a digital input only and my previous surround sound had analogue which the new tv doesn't have. Just need to find a good system which won't cost the earth but must shake the floor boards!

Cheers, it's a lovely TV and great sound too now I've gotten the speakers set up. They do need a sub and the one I had already actually works with them seamlessly, lucky and pleased :)

Miss the grunt of the old speakers but now we have matching ones all round the sound is far more coherent, I didn't expect to notice it. When the sub is on it's very sweet indeed! Just never really used it before.

Sony and Yamaha both do cheap decent AV amps... There's a start, totally worth it ;)

I got all the speakers 2nd hand from ebay :)

• 3 months later...

Nah, it's fine. It runs very cool with plenty of ventilation above and then back is completely open. The PS4, however. I'm not normally one to stack hardware, but it's the only place for it. Maybe I'll put the TV on the wall when we get around to decorating the lounge, and things can go on the top of the unit.

• 1 month later...

My TV unit, apologies for the dark photo;

959AE5C8-8984-4928-9B52-D4EC87F9B41B_zps

PS4

Wii U

Xbox 360

Xbox One

PS3 Superslim

47" LG 3D smart TV

In the box? The Legend of Zelda strategy guide treasure chest collection.

My messy desk;

1C539F45-FBD0-4B0A-AD01-91816B99FD8A_zps

Featuring a 14" CRT with N64 currently attached which is interchangeable with various other retro systems

3DSXL zelda edition

24" monitor

My PC which has a Nvidia GTX 760, 4GB ram and a quad core CPU with 3.4 ghz per core (nothing special but does the trick.)

Oculus Rift DK1 attached

Logitech G510 keyboard and Razer Naga mouse.

And a quick shot of my retro Sega/ Nintendo shelves, have an identical set of shelves which I intend to fill with Playstation and Xbox games;

54B18CBC-6497-442D-8837-0293DE91C20D_zps

• 10 months later...

I gave the walls a lick of paint over the weekend, and finally got around to wall mounting the TV. I couldn't be doing with hiding the cables in the wall, so used some cable trunking.

PS4 (revision C-chassis with matte cover, physical buttons etc) with 2TB Seagate HDD and sitting on AccoustiFeet, cat 6.

Xbox One 500GB with 2TB Seagate HDD, cat 6.

Wii U Premium 32GB Wind Waker Edition, wireless.

bIrrBSt.jpg

wMtDKpW.jpg

I9GCcHy.jpg

I'll back that up, I went from a sky router, which was a heap of junk, to the home hub 6, and man what a difference. the wifi range is good and rarely drops.

The buttons for paring/rebooting are right along the top, so you don't have to pull wriggle the thing out from it's tangled cable prison when you need to let someone use your wifi.

I've had that stand for about 10 years maybe longer, housed my first lcd tv and xbox 360 back in the day eh! the cabling is stupid but after trial and error ive given up on it. When I move next time I will try to solve it from day one.

​I could cable tie up the excess TiVo and roof ariel leads, when I retire the ps3 that's 3 leads out the way, plus I hard wire (still a term?) all my consoles straight to the super hub so they can use the full router speed.

At the back of the plasma? its hot enough behind there as it is some times.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50302712/

I have this behind my TV, (held in place with blu-tak), except mine is not multicoloured, also LEDs give off very little heat.

Also, mine point backwards towards the wall, not pointing out into the room. I've also glued a layer of paper to the outside of the light to diffuse the light better.

I see ed's setup and wince, my cabling is shocking but I rent so can't do much about it.....

You should see behind the unit!

We have LED lights instead of the traditional energy bulbs, Nag. I love them! No heat to the touch, instant light and a fraction of the electricity cost.