passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Big Brain Academy (Wii)

Hendo

Come on then, what's it like?

I know at least Ed ordered it, and Stu must have been playing as I got sent a Wii mail saying that he was taking part in some highscore board or something.

So...is it shite?

it's pretty much exactly what you'd think really.

Lovely presentation, nice style, far too few games but overall a case of "does what it says on the tin"

I personally love all these brain games, and Nintendo make the best ones. The 2P modes are ace, and you can send each other your records so you can try and beat each others scores and stuff.

So overall, I wouldn't say it's a must buy, but for £16 I'm happy to have another nice Wii game in the collection.

ChoicesUK shipped mine out on Friday (£14.72). I was hoping it would arrive today, but I guess I'm going to have to wait until Monday! I must admit I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it, despite its limited nature.

There's some RLLMUK forum opinions half starting half way down this page. NTSC-UK forum views here.

Well, it's very good fun! For fifteen quid, I'd say it's a pretty essential purchase.

I have done the test three times now, and my best score is 1350g, B-, 'Photographer'. I've sent you an earlier score stu, to see how it works. Even the practice mode is decent, gotta get all the gold medals, haven't you! I have tried multi yet, but I can see it being a great laugh.

As stu has said, the presentation is spot on. Very colourful and sharp, with the Mii's and pointer hand integrated very well.

haha, got your score ED, and sent you my latest one, which is better :P

there's a Mind Sprint mode, where you race against the records people send you, and I have to say it's ace! Ed beat me damnit.

This WiiConnect24 thing is fucking ace, the way it's integrated so bloody well in this and of course Eledees is fantastic.

I'm much more impressed with that then I was with Mario Strikers.

So yeah, for the price, this is an essential purchase.

Im gonna pick up a copy of this soon, £15 quid on choicesuk sounded great, but its gone up to like £18 now. Sainsburys are selling it for £17.97 so i might as well get it from there and physically have it there and then.

Also i noticed there's no Friend Codes for this game in the list - does it go off your Wii console's code?

So I did, and it was 17 quid which wasn't too shabby.

Firstly, I like the style (cel-shaded Mii's are awesome) and overall it's a good game - simple and short, but fun enough.

I've gone through every game on Easy so far and have pretty much evenly split between silver and gold medals, except for one that I got a bronze on (I believe it was the one where you follow the birds - the old "where's the pea under the cup gone?" type of game, boy I hate that). As I've only had a chance to give it a quick spin I've not tried multi yet, I'll either take it down to dead rabbit's on the weekend, or hopefully my invisible friend will be back from China.

I really enjoyed the DS original (in fact, much prefer it to Brain Training) and this seems to be doing the business.

Thumbs are tentatively in the upright position.

i played this today and i loved it, played multiplayer really, mainly played the sprint tho, where you have to race who finishes the amount of games first. won 6 times in a row woo! Maybe unfair coz my brain was bout 1500 first time n his was below first timer average, haha

How does the 'sending scores' thing work?

I've currently got Ed, Stu and Karin on my list and I can see everyone's scores, test results and medals, but does it update automatically or do you have to send it over when you've improved?

Is there some where you can see the scores for the multi games? All I can see is the medals and stuff.

I've blitzed through Easy mode and have gold on all (bar the bird one/hide the pea under the shell - despise that game, am just no good at it), and I'm currently going through medium.

I presume you send your records every time you want to show off your latest score, it seems that way from what Ed and I have seen...

As for multi, you can race against the scors of other people in the first option on the Group screen.

Yeah, you have to send your record to your friends if you want them to see your latest/updated scores.

I now have Gold on all of easy, and a couple Platinums, too! I started medium last night. Does anyone know if there are any unlockables for getting decent medals? I doubt it, but it would be nice if there was. I like the way it ranks you against your friends, nice touch. I'll get my records sent to you later, Shin.

I really like the way the WiFi is implemented in this game, it's really well thought out and far more expansive than I had first imagined. Most reviews didn't seem to delve too much into this side of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got it but ive not set up the online side yet.

I've only played it a few times, multiplayer is pretty good, but it badly needs more games. The major problem is having to explain to my brothers french girlriend what to do, it's got to be twice as hard doing the tasks in a second language.

In truth I'm a bit disappointed, but at least its something other than sports to get people playing.