passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Strikers Charged

Sambob

Rename this thread, its a pretty unimaginitive title.

Anyway looks like its new friend codes to add unfortunately my one to be added is 0774 1001 1665.

Not played it proper yet, so impressions to follow.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal that you got yours, Sam. It means mine should be here tomorrow!

I've added your code to the Mario Strikers FC List.

I saw this on rllmuk, which should be a good way of preventing those drop-outs.

As far as I know, you get points for finishing a game and losing, but dropping out means you have five points deducted from your total to that point, whereas the other player gets their full total.

Yeah thats how it appears to work, which is a great idea as theres nothing more annoying on Mario kart when you get hard fought near victory and then some dumb fuck drops out.

Ok I dont want to overload with my first impressions so i will keep them brief, and allow room for others.

I am really impressed and during the training missions I got that giddy shudder of excitement when you realise just how well this could work with the sidekicks special shots and special dodges (with boo you can phase through players if you time it perfectly).

It looks very good, ive only done the training and one match of the single player tourney but its looked good so far. Its frantic fun and does take a bit of mastering, as the first game against the computer takes you by surprise with the difference from the training to proper game.

Ive not played any online games yet as there werent many people available, but im seriously looking forward to playing against people on the site as im certain it will be hilarious multiplayer.

I received my copy today and have been playing it a little. I've done the tutorial levels and had a go at the first cup, Fire Cup. I got all the way through to the final, then lost against Bowser Jr., doh! I'm liking what I've played so far, although it's sometimes hard to spot the ball. But this all adds to the fun.

Here's my FC, I'll add it to the list: 3909 4268 6791

Multi is going to be amazing! :woohoo:

Guest adam.ex

iv been playing all day and ive been experiencing problems with online play. it keeps sayin cant upload stats has any one else had this problem. many thanks

adam.ex

Yep, the servers seem to be down at the moment.

Oh, and welcome!

As I'm a noob in Mario Football, I've only just finished all the training missions and done my first match in a cup.

I've picked Yoshi, purely because he's my main guy in Mario Kart.

I can't decide if I like this or not.

The positives - Online is good, pretty much lag free, some slight frame rate issues when things get busy but nothing game destroying. I like the fact it tells you if your friends are online. Shame there's no communication but there we go, it is free I spose.

It's also quite fun to play in both multi and single.

The negatives - the music is awful, the graphics are pure Gamecube (that's going to be an issue, no matter how much I wish it wasn't), that cut scene whenever you do a charged thing is already driving me insane, the ball gets lost far too easily, the movement of the players is frustrating and not that responsive....

So yeah, the jury is still very much out on this one, I must admit that I wouldn't have bothered with it at all if it wasn't online, but I am going to persevere with it and hopefully something will click...

I'm really enjoying this so far. It all still seems a bit bewildering, but the scope is there to master it I think. In one of my first matches I accidentally jumped over the keeper and tapped it into an empty net. I've been trying to recreate it, but I cant seem to do it. I obviously need to find out which character is able to do it. I also need to shift whoever it is I've got at the back further forwards, as he's far too slow to be playing there.

I've only done the fire cup so far, and won it without dropping a point. But that said, some of my goals felt more a case of luck than skill

I think the main downside so far is that it's not guaranteed that you'll connect to the server!

The online side is pretty well done tho, you can invite people into a match as you can see who of your friends is online, though that seems to be only if you scroll through your friends list and have a look who's online.

As there's no method of communication, it's kinda what the MK DS lobby should've been.

As for your points on the gameplay Stu, I can't say I agree with them - the only downside for me is there doesn't seem to be much depth, but maybe that's because I keep losing! There does seem to be some sort of strategy on offer, but I need to play the single player more I think.

I just played my first match online and won the first two 2-0. 24 points in the bag, except when i exited the post game screen it flashed up my friend list then told me there was an error getting stats. It booted me off and i havent been able to get back on since (and my Mii have 0 wins 0 losses next to it :pinch: )

My match was a bit laggy after the first few minutes, that might have been the servers struggling as it said i had **** strength

My FC: 5369 7169 1642

You're not the only one. :)

Spong wrote

This is hugely daft, incredibly fast-paced cartoon five-a-side football at its very best. If you can imagine Sensible Soccer meets Speedball meets Mario Kart, then you are almost there.

I managed to get this a few days early ;) So far Im loving it, its just what I needed on the Wii, as there's been a lack of decent multi-player games

The presentation is slick with funky tunes to boot! The graphic's are pretty and have some nice touch's on the intro/ingame movies, like if you get burn't as your scoring a goal, when you celebrate your still burnt, so its not a fixed bit of video.

I haven't tried it online yet as I've only just got down here to post this, but I hoping ninty get it fixed and sorted soon :( (probably the servers shat them selves with the amount of people connecting) i'll Edit this post an put my friend code up l8r, and maybe have a kick about with you guy's !

I think this game is gonna be loads of fun both off and online! I look forward to some epic smash matches, lets hope this is the start of a golden age of nintendo online! Smash bro's and Metroid 3 anyone :woohoo:

EDIT: Finally connected and got my code 3952 3778 1780

To clear up the confusion over online.....

It seems that your account is tied to your Mii, so if you change your Mii you'll have a new friend code and an empty friend list again.

If someone else in your house wants to play online, they select their Mii, but as before, they'll have their own friend code and friend list.

This may sound bad, but really it's not as it means you keep your own stats - that's why things are tied to your Mii.

If anyone else in the house wants to play with you on your team, it's whoevers Mii is playing's friend list that counts, and you choose "add guest" to add the extra team-mate.

In other words, the other person doesn't need to have a friend list with all your contacts on too.