passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

retroed

Or, Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan for its full name.

Whilst we wait patiently for our copies to arrive, are you looking forward to it? Silly question, I know. Here is an impressions thread all ready and waiting for when our copies arrive and we've had a play. It looks like it's more of the same, which is more of the best rhythm action goodness available! The map is now in 3D ala EBA, and you can also skip the intro sequence of the songs, which is ideal.

For those new to the game, or just want a helping hand with the menu's, check here:

http://www.platformers.net/index/index.php...id=237&Itemid=1

First review is up at Portable Video Gamer.

:)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived yesterday. Yay me.

I dont know what anyone is expecting of this, but this is basically more of the same. And thats absolutely fine by me.

Im about halfway through Normal mode so far. The first story is the same dude you encountered first time in the first game (i said first), that guy with the glasses. Seems that his family are up to their old tricks and this motherfucker dares to call Ouendan for the second time. For shame. Anyways, they respond lickety-split and do what they do best, cheering old speccy through another life crisis. Great music, top action, first song down.

Second song see's the appearence of some mysterious blonde wanker and his faggot backups. I believe them to be a rival cheersquad and from now on they share the limelight as sometimes you are the original squad and sometimes you are these new dudes. Anyway from here on its bonkers j-pop'n'rock, awsome faces and Ouendan cries that will make your head explode and I love it.

I dont know if anyone else will feel the same as me, but even tho its basically the same again it all feels fresh and new. The presentation has a bit more PIZAZZ, the OUEDNAAAAAAAAAAAAAN cries are all the better with the build up and crackle they're now given and overall it feels extra shiny and bulging with best game ever juice. Might just be me.

Anyways, so far so awsome, loved the space rocket level song. Come on lunchtime, i need more! Osu!

Im on the last song on Normal now and by Christ have they ramped the difficulty up.The number are all over the fucking shot, you just wait.

Good news - you can skip all the crap and get straight to the song. Curse you Ready Steady Go....

Mine arrived yesterday, Osu!

I started with Easy, as I wouldn't want to go back to it after Normal or Hard, so that's out of the way now. But I have seen the credits! I'm going to go and start Normal later on, looking forward to it.

Right im in love with this game so much. As ill say no changes other than UI and the ability to skip but the songs seem to work very well almost better than the original when you get onto hard mode normal was a fucking breeze as it was with EBA.

Im currently stuck on 1 song on hard the one with the little baby who doesnt want to wet the bed that song is a bastard but once i get past that just 5 more tll cheerleader. Only have the 1 bonus track open so far though.

Frankly this is all i wanted and more from a sequal with more OSU!

Fav songs so far

The one with the school girl choir where they all have babies and hurt pigs

Oh My Julia dueling hair dressers

MONKEY MAGIC

I'm still loving this. I just finished Normal in one sitting, Osu!

I haven't ever tried Hard mode before on either Ouendan or EBA, but I may give it a try at it on this soon. I've obtained one of the bonus songs, which is awesome. Superb game.

Due to the utter crapness of the DS Lites speakers ive been plugging this into my PC speakers and letting the subwoofer shake the house im telling you it adds so much more to the game this way also helps me get a better feel for the beats. The song with the little boy wetting his bed has really hindered my progress.

Yeah man, I have a decent set of earphones I've been using at full volume. It really gets you into the music and you can hear the important beats all that more clearly. Everyone should play Ouendan like this.

Although it came yesterday, I havn't tried it yet for one reason or another, but I'll be plugging in my headphones and digging in shortly.

I agree, you can't play any of these games on the DS just using the built-in speakers - let the music fly!

I've been playing it the last few days and its freaking ace!just as good as the 1st one and EBA. Its ideal for me to play in my break time, i can tap through a few songs and cram cake in my pie whole, however i get 20 mins break but today sat in the canteen for almost an hour playing it and got in trouble...still it was worth it.

So, I started this last night (on Normal) and I really like it, only problem is the songs haven't grabbed me as much as the original or EBA's songs did.

Other than that it's exactly what you want which is more of the same.

I am finding it quite hard near the end of Normal, I should've started on Easy to ease me back into it and get to know the songs better.

So, I'm gonna go through Easy today.

:)

I think the selection of songs is almost better if not a good equal to the original and some of the beats work better just my opinion. Have unlocked 2nd bonus track on hard which i have to do to proceed with it then im back on my way to cheerleader baby.

Cleared the Second Bonus track and its a good un then did the death song but now my wrist is dead from attmepting the next songs ones with 3 people needing help but i love the Robot vs the Cat one for the song OLAY OLAY OLAY LA LA OLAY!!!

You have to tap numbered spots on the screen, the spots have circles around them, and you have to hit them as it matches the size of the spot. There's a few bits where the spots move and you have to keep the stylus on them. It's better than it sounds :P

A friend of mine has completed this on the female cheerleader mode. He's been off your since he got it, so if he cant get a match on Halo 3 beta he's been glued to his DS

Fuck i love this game. The more i play it the more i want to play it.

Damn right about the earphone thing, i was playing through the DS speakers for a bit and was repeatedly failing the same song. Wacked in the earphones (after I found them - damn you woman) and breezed through it, they can really make all the difference.

I think im 9 songs down on hard now and some of these songs are damn fast. Cheerleader mode is gonna be a bitch. Just helped the kid not wet the bed and that was the last of that section, now its dead ice skater girl.

IMO, best song so far has got to be the Space Rocket song with the old man, its bloody excellent!

When we all get to Cheerleader were gonna have to get a score competiotion going. Wha ya rekon?

illdog wrote:

When we all get to Cheerleader were gonna have to get a score competiotion going. Wha ya rekon?

At the risk of a repeat of my poor display at the last ouendan contest im game! Only have 4 songs till im on cheerleader but they are being a bastard and Etrain Odyssey is proving to be a distraction.