passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Eledees

Hendo

Git! Mine was shipped out yesterday (£22.95 delivered, no less), and I can't wait for it to arrive. That's likely to be mid next week, though.

It's in full widescreen aswell, isn't it?

So far it's pretty good, but I've only done the tutorial (there's a lot to learn so I'd advise it) and the first proper mission.

The graphics are very cool, and the Eledees are super cute, but the main thing so far is the physics which is pretty impressive as you casually fling shit around the place.

If you don't start for a while on the Start screen you'll watch the CG intro which is very impressive, and they dance around shaking their asses.

The story (when you start the game properly) , however, is as flimsy as fuck.

I grabbed this Zap-Tastic Game today for the nice price of only 30 quid!** or a Tenner and some Xbox games in this case! Not played it yet. I'll break it in tonight over a few beers and a smoke. Im hoping the multi-player is quite good, as that one of the reasons i got it and not spidey3 (I hope sam has good things to say)

Im really needing some good 2 player games at the moment! The Wii is lacking in that department! The DS seems to be taking all my gaming time recently *cough* pokemon! and a few other's are to blame. The Wii's jealous and needs some lovin' I hope this game is the one to do it! Plus making your own Rooms to destroy can't be bad!

** On another note why I got the game so cheap from a highstreet store, They were trying to get rid of Wii Games they had in stock, as they are no longer going to sell them :-( coz its not worth their while as a indie shop, as they only seem to sell games when people get the console its self! Which surprised me as they sell quite well in every other shop, and their prices are the cheapest in town... Oh well, back to ordering of the net again!

Only 13 days to go till Mario Footy is out! With its WFC goodness! YAY

EDIT: I've done the Training and the 1st level and had a quick blast playing 2 player! Its great so far. I like that you can set the Lift power in the multiplayer mode, so right from the start you can fling things around, Its all good so far.

Been playing this for over an hour now, and it's brilliant!

Hopefully it will last a while, certainly not easy, ok, the goals are, but to clear the stage looks like it will be rather challenging.

Graphics aren't great, but do the job very well, bright and colourful...

Controls are brilliant, I'd imagine this is how a FPS would work, maybe even Metroid Prime 3? Well, they certainly make you feel part of it, and respond perfectly to every command.

Story is pants, but meh..

So yar, after this short time with it I'm impressed, well worth the wait.

Oh, and it uses WiiConnect!

You can share snapshots and levels, and it uses the wii address book, which is really well intergrated into it, really quick to load in, which makes me hope that all wii online games will work like this.

But yes, send me stuff people, I sent a crappy level I made in about a minute to Hendo, so let me know if you got it :)

Yep, got the level (couldn't finish it though, found all the eledees I could but still didn't finish) and also wiivo sent me a photo (I didn't know, but you can take pics in-game and send them to friends) so that must mean he has it too.

I'm about an hour and a half in and I'm enjoying it, but I hope it opens up a bit more - at the moment it seems a very basic idea. Still, flinging furniture around is always fun!

Excellent stuff, yes Hendo, that level was merely a test of the wiiconnect thing!

And cheers Wiivo, got your photo, tres nice :)

I am loving this game, I get the feeling there won't be an awful lot to do, but just as with Kororinpa and Excite Truck, what is in the game is damn bloody good old fashioned fun.

I would rank it with those 2 games as justifications for the Wii's existence. And, along with Zelda, the must own titles for Wii.

Still impressed with the way the wiconnect thing works, sooo smooth.

And the controls are almost perfect, I'm still having a bit of trouble with doors, but that's probably me..

But then maybe this generous opinion of the game is more because of the sheer novelty factor of a new Wii game?

I dunno, but fuck me, I'm loving this game :D

I've not had much time to play this so far, Im only at lv4 or 5 I think im about to go downstairs? Its been great fun so far, multi player isn't to bad, but its a real shame there's no Co-op mode, that would of been even more fun.

I too had trouble with door's, had my dad in stiches as it kept closing b4 i got through or just slammed open and shut! In the manual it says twist and push forward, but I found some door only seem to open one way?!? With a little practice I realised that the controls are good at responding to small/slow movements, so the amount of control is amazing. I don't think this games going to last for ages, but Im sure it's going to be fun lifting houses etc!

I've not made anything in the edit mode yet, i'll get round to it when i've unlocked more items etc. How about a DS-WiiFi design competition? or a competition to see who can get the best scores in a room design by one of us? Maybe when more people have got it.

I just hope this doesn't get left on the Wii pile of games that I don't pick up and play that much, as the DS has taken over big style lately...

I've recieved Stu's and wiivo's levels and tried making my own and I can't see how to add furniture either. Hmmm.

I have to say I'm still finding the whole thing rather repetitive, there's only so much continually pressing the fire button that I can manage at the best of times, but there doesn't seem to be much else to do.

Thankfully, I got to a boss level and that kinda broke it up a bit.

It sounds like I'm slagging it off, but it's not a bad game, just at this point if it wasn't for the drought we're in I don't think it would do well at all.

The positives are.....the physics is spot on and a lot of fun flinging things round, the graphics are nice and clear, the WFC bits seem to be fairly straight forward, a great game for anyone who had childhood fantasies about being a Ghostbuster!

However it just gets very samey! It feels like they had a good idea for a game but instead of flesh it out, they put the level editor in to keep people interested (kinda artificially, if you ask me).

only in the same way any game is repetitive you know?

I'm further then Hendo, and it opens up nicely, once you get out into the street and start hurling cars and buses around :D

Well I've made my first properly playable level.

You have 7 minutes to get 6000 watts, my record is about 6500, and i know its possible to get a few more then that, so come guys, beat me if you dare :P

I've sent it to Hendo, Wiivo, Hiinn, moggymatt and Ed.

If anyone else has the game, please make sure you let us know, so we can send you levels and stuff.

And I'm well up for making this a regular thing maybe, challenging each other with our own levels.

the only stipulation to that would be that they have to be possible and not stupidly hard :)

Just had another idea of a game we could play amongst ourselves, as well as setting a high score on our levels for each other, we could also set a hidden object, which you would have to take a screenshot of in the game and send it to the originator...

or something.

man, this game is awesome :D