passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Spider man 3 (film)

Sambob

Well when I said I had the tickets booked it wasnt for me and you Hendo im afraid.

It does look good despite what anyone in the world says and the game will be good too.

Im well looking forward to this too!

Sam Raimi is one of my favourite directors if only for the Evil Dead trilogy :laugh:

The first Spiderman was good the secopnd was brilliant, and i have high hopes for the third as its has Venom in it :woohoo:

I went into WH Smith and read a few reviews about it and they all said it was average. But critics are only there to say everything is shit, and that the shit stuff is good. I just want to see it as it looks like it will at least be exciting.

It'll be awesome. Everyone knows it. Film Critics are a heap of shit. Most of them will be ripping this film because they'll want to stand out from the crowd, different even. In fact, I can't remember ever actually hating a film the critics slammed. when they praise a film however, that's another matter.

Well, I've heard that they did some private screenings after post-production was done, and then some people voiced complaints about not having enough "action" in the movie, and so they changed things here and there to appeal to that fucking american redneck crowd.

I hate this.

I'm not saying the movie will suck, but I hate it when directors change (or are told to change) their initial vision to appeal to stupid pricks who don't like what he did in the first place. When the corporate suits get involved, it always fuck it up, somehow...

The first one was good, the second one was great, I just hope this one's not a mess of action scenes put in there for no other reason than because people wanted more "action"... That would be freakin lame.

Well, I still hate it when this kind of stuff happens. And like you said, it happens for most big movies out there, thus in accordance with my opinion that many of these suck anyway.

I still consider Hollywood to be the biggest turd provider in the movie industry nowadays. Although sometimes, good popcorn flicks (like the spiderman series) come along.

One problem I have with this new movie (although I admit I have not seen it yet) is that they tried to cram too much in it. The other previous movies stuck to a general idea, involving only one vilain at a time, and that allowed more liberty for taking time in developping the characters. This one has the new goblin, sandman, the black suit stuff (and venom), and countless other story arcs mixed into one.

One critic I usually agree with (who has seen the movie) said that it was very enjoyable as a typical summer flick full of special effects, but he felt that there was enough material in there for two or three movies, and that the movie would have benefitted, in the end, if it had focused more on one or two aspects of the story, rather than trying to cram as much as they could in two hours and a half...

I will definitely see it, because I loved the two previous movies, but I just hope Sam Raimi didn't made it too "jam-packed". I highly respect the guy, and I still think the movie will be great. It's just that I'm a bit more doubtful than with the first two.

I felt this just was a complete mishmash of everything. But it worked so god damn well. OK, Sandman could've been better, but really it wasn't the baddies that made this film great. It was the characters. Peter was awesome as usual, and even his symbiote self was so well acted it made you want to punch him. For the first time, Harry actually came out of his shell, shame about the end though. Of course MJ wasn't that great, but then she did get fored from her play.

Also, some of the best characterization is J.k Simmons as Jameson. He truly is awesome. Especially at the end when he wants the camera:laugh: .

Oh yeah, Bruce Campbell was awesome as always. And Stan Lee actually got a line:woohoo: .

All in all, an awesome film, in my eyes matching 2.

BRUCE CAMPBELL IS F@KING AMAZING IN THIS!!!

Ha ha ha

I wish he would do / get bigger roles in films. He is a comedy genius.

I saw this on Saturday and really enjoyed it.

For the record i loved the first, hated the second... more than anything... it really bugged me... but this one is great fun.

The effects are craaaazy too. The sandman's appearance is one of the most incredible things i have seen in film effects for a long time. Took me back to the days when i first saw the chrome guy come out of the flames in T2... but updated with the new technologies.

Overall, although YES there is alot crammed into this film, it was great fun with lots of nice moments and a good way to wrap the series up.

I am guessing they are not making another one after this?

I think i'll back everyone else and say Bruce Campbell is a god damn legend! It takes some talent to do the best worst french accent in film.

I really enjoyed the film, up until the mopey last ten minutes. Black spidey had so many funny moments, including his transofrmation process from good to bad (combing his hair a bit different). I'd have like to have seen more of Venom, he's one of the better characters in the comics imo, so I kind of wish they hadnt split the film so much, but it does work better than you'd think.

Spiderman always highlights the problem with cgi for me, when you have a lot it, it becomes very obvious. It's a bit like watching the old Sinbad films.

Ben wrote:

Spiderman always highlights the problem with cgi for me, when you have a lot it, it becomes very obvious. It's a bit like watching the old Sinbad films.

I thought I was the only person who think like this.

I find most CG in modern movies to be crap. Because I can always tell. The best CG in movies is the one that can't be noticed, the one that you only know it's CG because you know it can't be done without it. Not because you can notice it.

CG is getting better as years go by, but we're still pretty far from perfection.

I always though that the CG spidey looked somewhat out of place because it didn't look real-life enough. Especially in the first movie. It's more about the movements, I think, than anything else.

I just hope the CG is better this time (and I guess it would be, as I said, things always improve over time...)

Actually there wasn't much of Spider-Man flying around NY this time. I always thought that the CG spidey they used there looked really fake. The rest of the CG was always fine though.

I liked this one lots, there was maybe a bit more content than most films benefit from, but the film did well to fit it all in and not be ruined. I agree with Ben I didnt like what they did with venom and think he could have been saved for his own film, as he is my favourite villian, that said I liked the way that hayden-church played the sandman, not sure I liked the whole New goblin bit although the action scene at the beggining with him in it was great.

The comedy in the film was top notch, I liked it in the film as its not been particularly prominant (or particularly well done) earlier in the series. Bruce campbell is a legend, he was very funny in this film and shame he doesnt get bigger parts, but he completely stole the scene where he took part.

I dont like bashing CG as its something which I think needs time to progress and can potentially really bolsters a films appeal, although I agree it wasnt up to much in this film. The women were good looking in this, Bryce Dallas Howard easily upstaged Dunst in the looks department (and didnt die a-la comic books). I liked the character that Topher Grace played(Eddie Brock) and it was a big shame that he didnt get a film to himself (as the bad guy, not main character) as he is the perfect anti-spiderman/peter parker.

A good film and probably the best in the series but it contained a lot less action.

EDIT

forget what i said about the CG, Sandman looked absolutely great, and was one of the best peices of CG ive seen actually.