Hendo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its been updated too!

DiagnoSe the DS Funtion Tester / Diagnostics tool.

Updated Stuff

Motion test now tests rotation

Implemented Licks reboot code

Stylus test now more useful

Pixel fixer now supports 'single pixel fixing'

Added manual.rtf to .zip

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKY

Its a shame Pictodrive is slow, its a bit better in DSO but not by much :-( Im sure it will get sorted (eventually)

EDIT:Centy here's the LINKY for the fix

There's also a Japanese character Homebrew App, It teaches and test's you. You can learn the Sounds and how to draw the characters its quite good. LINKY

Woot! Its here possibly the best Homebrew APP !!!

what we've all been waiting for .....

CUSTOM OUENDAN!!!! :woohoo:

Here's a LINKY

Its only a Demo atm, but its looking good so far, here's some info.

Many, but many have been asking for a homebrew like this, and finally it happened... Yep... Believe it... Takaishi just started a project now known as Custom Ouendan !

What the hell is Custom Ouendan you ask ? Well basically its a clone of Osu! Totakae! Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents... What this means ?

This means we will get many updates on levels, songs, characters, etc, plus... We heard from Takaishi himself that he plans to make a "make your own level" for the full version of the game.

Finnaly the fans wont be limited to just some simple levels, cause we can create our own levels using Raw sounds, and probably latter on Mp3 too, and send them to friends, etc

This Beta is very basic, it was just a test i might say, as right now you can only touch the circles with the music, the circles are sync with it, but he needs to change the positions of almost half of the circles.

OMG if they guy does a decent job, its gonna be great making your own mp3 into levels for everyone to try!!! Bring it on OST!!

EDIT: They have also updated LemmingsDS it now has more levels including the Xmas specials. oh no more fun :)

waiting on an M3 Simply myself, got my 2gb Sandisk Ultra II Micro SD already.

@Noize - i read that the reason the DS has problems with some emulation is due to the way it handles layers of graphics. it does it in a very different manner to the consoles its failing to emulate well like the snes,which means theyd have to code in some way of correcting it in real-time into the software which would mean a lot more strain on hardware resources and lot of fiddly manhours.

can anyone tell me how Quake DS (or DS Quake for that manner, though Quake DS seems better)is coming on, from first hand experience? it was quake ds that made me brave the temptation of using the power for piracy and buy a m3 ds simply in the first place. the thought of playing lemmings and simon the sorcerer on the thing helped too :D

TopGunKnacker wrote:

can anyone tell me how Quake DS (or DS Quake for that manner, though Quake DS seems better)is coming on, from first hand experience? it was quake ds that made me brave the temptation of using the power for piracy and buy a m3 ds simply in the first place. the thought of playing lemmings and simon the sorcerer on the thing helped too :D

No idea i've yet to look out my old quake discs and get the needed files if you're looking for a brilliant first game try out this http://ndswtd.wordpress.com/ as for both Quakes i'll look into it for you let you know how i fare though i couldnt get Doom to work on the r4

thanks for the link ill give it a go as soon as my flash card arrives.

i have an m3 perfect lite, so i will also be testing any internet apps due to the extra RAM in the m3pl. it strikes me that if opera only comes with an 8MB RAM upgrade and the m3pl gives me 32MB, then i could stand to get much better performance than what the people who bought the ds opera browser at retail are reporting. obviously i dont think ill get 4x the performance because i will have 4x the RAM, but it could make mundane internet tasks bearable :P

Phooey wrote:

Has anyone checked out these games mentioned over at dsfanboy ?:whistle:

someone mentioned them the other week not sure who tried them though, might have been centy or moggy the pervs...if it wasn't either of you two, your still pervs...

hehe :P

I managed to get Ya Ya XX (crap) and Teenage Queen NDS (also crap) to work (on R4)

Get DokiDoki for all your perving needs ;)

I found loads more Homebrew over at DS-Scene

These work on R4...

Constellations (does what is says on the tin,pretty well too)

Every Extend (weird tunnel shooting/thingy, your main sprite moves ace if you look closely)

IK (the C64 version of international karate Woot! Shame its not the amiga Ik+ version)

Kongregate (strange game, kinda about gravity)

MarioBrosDS (port of Classic LCD dual screen game, which i ahve somewhere)

MegaETK (great clone of the Megaman games)

Monky (Good platform fun, using diddy kong sprites)

PlayDiSmusic (very hard music tapping game, not bad though)

Weeds (great pack of puzzle games and other fun mini games)

AXE (Simple, yet fun for a few mins, makes anyone able to jam on the DS with a dance tune, works well for what it is)

EDIT: Also found a new Genesis/Megadrive Emu in the works, looking tonnes better than pictodrive you can it and other stuff from HERE

just read about this over at gbatmw.net

Sypherce posted this news/release for the Neoflash Coding Contest:

Hello, here is my entry for compo. It's called DDRLite, which stands for Dance Dance Revolution for the Nintendo DS Lite.

DDRLite comes with 3 songs (which are copyright by there respect authors/owners) and the ability to convert your own DDR songs, only .sm (Stepmania) format is supported in this version.

To use the menus you use up/down to go up/down, and start to select. On the first menu you'll need to choose the touch mode, my preference is Linear. On the second menu you'll choose your difficulty. Not all songs support all difficulies, and if they don't it will show no arrows. The third and fourth menus are navigating to the desired song.

When in game use the a/b/x/y/up/down/left/right buttons to hit the corresponding arrow when it reaches the gray arrow at the top. If your using the linear touch mode, the bottom screen will be used and you will hit the gray arrows as the green ones reach them. If you using the Dance Mat mode you'll do the same, except hit the arrows that are in a diamond shape.

To convert your own songs open a command line window and run the "DDRLite Converter.exe" application followed by the "input" dir and then the "output" dir (remeber quotes). Please remeber when putting in your own songs to put them in __Letter__:DDRLiteSongs__GROUP____SONG__ .

__Letter__ being the letter of your flash media, __GROUP__ being a folder containing a number of song folders, and __SONG__ being the actual song folder.

dance dance rev on ds by the sounds of it you can download it here

or here

sounds cool and you can put your own songs on to it as well, i cant try it out cause the missus has the DS this week so i'm leaving it to someone else to have a go!

R4 v1.11 firmware is now available - http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm.

R4 v1.11 kernel

1)Solved the soft reset of some games, for example: 1158 Zelda

2)Solved the white screen issue of game 1209

3)Adding the on/off option for real-time cheats switch

4)Updated moonshell to v1.71 and supporting soft reset

5)Full download play support(Please use trim_tool 2.0 to trim ROMs)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this homebrew game mentioned on DSR, and thought it deserved a mention here too.

Johnny Platforms Biscuit Romp

platform01.pngplatform02.png

My first foray into coding for the Nintendo DS. This is a short but challenging 50 level puzzle & platform game. Take out the bad guys on each screen and head for the exit. Biscuit afficionados may notice that Battenburg is actually a cake; please don't tell anyone.

Currently there's no music as I've had troubles with the sound in PALib. It would be nice to add though, so it's a possibility for the future.

To play this on a DS you'll need some sort of homebrew card, e.g. the DS-Xtreme (that's what I use).

Ishisoft website

Direct download