passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii Channels

Hendo

Cool.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it all:

The Everbody Votes Channel was launched on February 13, 2007 and is available in the Wii Ware section of the Shop Channel. In this channel there are multiple questions posted based on the region set by the user. Access to questions from worldwide polls is also available. Users may submit one suggestion for a question per day.

Everbody Votes Channel allows Wii owners to vote on various issues using their Mii as a registered voter and to see whether their beliefs are in line with those of the majority of voters. Further, another option allows for a vote on which choice will be the most popular after a voters own preference has been chosen.

Awsome. Extreme Marxist views ahoy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! That's a nice surprise - just getting it now.

EDIT

Done it, got it and I like it!

Shame there's not many polls on the go but it looks pretty nifty. Pointless, but a bit of fun.

I submitted a poll.

:)

"Do you like using friend codes?

Yes or no?"

Do you guys really consider this to be a nice surprise? A channel that you can vote on? :dry:

A gaming news channel, a high score leader board or a gaming preview channel would be nice but this? If Nintendo would use these votes to see what gamers want then fair enough, I mean with enough votes you could get a particular VC game released or a various game updated, but are they actually going to take notice of what the people want?

They haven't so far...

See, I think you're reading too much into this James.

I read all the comments on Eurogamer about this and I was amazed.

"Oh god, some more games would be better!"

"What the fuck is this?!"

etc

It's just a nice little extra.

It wasn't expected, it wasn't demanded (therefore it hasn't fell from expectations), it's just a voting channel. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah all the stuff you mentioned would be good, but this channel made me realise that nothing can be ruled out. Who saw anything like this coming? Not me for sure.

It's free, it's optional and you can delete it if you don't like it.

It's just a quirky channel guys, nothing to get foaming at the mouth over.

Your right...as a freebie I suppose it does the job. You didn't pay for it and so you haven't really missed out on anything.

However, I'm also looking at it from the point of view of if they spent time making this, then why couldn't they have spend time making that? Seriously I don't mean to sound like I'm Wii bashing, in fact I really want one myself, but I just want Nintendo to earn my money like I have.

I guess I'm a pessimistic sort, I'm too focussed on what the Wii isn't to see what the Wii is.

Me and darkglobe had a very long rant over skype while we tested the podcast thingy.

We both pretty much agreed that the Wii is disappointing, mainly because you can see all the potential right there, but you're left feeling a little empty by what you do have. But the passion we had over the subject was obviously because we want the machine to succeed as the bits that work, work brilliantly.

If they can fix bugs in VC games and give stuff like this away, those highscore tables and more functionality should be right on the cards.

Hendo wrote:

But the passion we had over the subject was obviously because we want the machine to succeed as the bits that work, work brilliantly.

And that is the same reason I rant about it so much :)

I mean if I didn't care about the Wii then I wouldn't talk about it, I just wish that someone would give Nintendo a kick up the ass to push them into reclaiming the home console crown like back in the SNES days. After the amazing sweetness of the DS, the Wii is a pale effort in comparison.

Deep down all I need to do is wait and see what the Wii is like by, say Christmas 2007, perhaps it will be a slow burner (in my eyes) so I have to give it a chance at least, I know I'm going to be like a giggling schoolgirl when the new AC comes out anyway.

Yeah but remember when the DS 1st came out, it was slow to pick up games etc, I nearly sold mine at one point! but eventually 3rd party titles and ninty games came out, and now look at the success its having! I'd hoped nintendo wouldn't make the same mistake with the Wii, but it seems there content in just releasing a few VC games here and there to tied us over till more proper Wii games come out, If history repeats itself then like the DS the Wii will come good.... I just hope they don't leave it too late, as the Wii has so much potential!

I'm really impressed with the new channel and the way the Mii's are integrated.

It's laid out nicely and there's a decent amount of options.

The wife and I are eagerly awaiting to see if our predictions were correct. :)

Just remember, after the launch of the DS, things were pretty darn shit for a few months.

I didn't know about the Opera Channel, thus I stand corrected.

But see, every time someone gets defensive about the Wii the same things are being said in that it’s the future, in that its different or how good things will be coming soon. Like I said about a thousand times before, I really do hope the Wii picks up in the coming months (especially as it seems like the perfect summer console) but until that happens, I’m not going to spend £170 on hope, wishes and..um...voting, I’m going to be playing a load of on line games on Live instead.

I’m really anticipating the March/April releases for the Wii because to be honest, I think that Nintendo have been really stupid in taking so long to take things on line, lets hope that this delay was just made for Wii owners to get used to the controls before the real fun kicks in.

James wrote:

I didn't know about the Opera Channel, thus I stand corrected.

Well, he means the web browsing channel, which I wouldn't say is anywhere near what your suggesting, James.

We do need those funky highscore table channels and stuff, but I would guess they will arrive. The machine has changed a lot since it launched and that was only 2 months ago.

The Virtual Console has already outperformed what LIVE Arcade has done in over a year! Granted the games haven't had any extra online content added (like Live) but the channel does what it says on the tin - it's a Virtual Console where you don't need the old machines set up. For someone that was considering re-buying a Megadrive and buying a SNES and a load of games, it's saved me a load of money and space.

Anyway, um, Voting Channel!

Cool eh?

Here's a thought:

Maybe the delay in online games is actually genius on Nintendo's part - bear with me here - but maybe they knew despite the amount of consoles they would have for launch there would still be mass shortages? and that a lot of the online games wouldnt arrive straight away because they needed to be perfect.

What im saying is that Nintendo may have given us this long wait so that when we do get online, there will be many other people to enjoy it with. Imagine getting your Wii on launch day, only to find there are only a few other people who have one, and also have an Internet connection.