passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Condor

Maf

Remedy’s next game is kind of out there now. It’s called Condor and seems to be a co-op, looter shooter set in The Oldest House from Control

Apparently Alan Wake 2 lost money, so guess they had this as a back up, kinda?

GJhaXnUWsAMiwgn?format=jpg&name=large

GJhZB8hWgAA6V_G?format=jpg&name=large

Here’s what their creation process looks like, so Condor must be close to going in to full production, so another 2 years away?

GJhbfgXXAAAi_mZ?format=jpg&name=large

If it does it will be a good way to keep the lights on between projects and they have backing from Tencent and Rockstar for other games while they're working on Condor, so this seems like a reasonable plan, on paper at least. Still risky of course, considering it's a self-published effort that they put somewhat substantial investment into.

I hope it works and I also hope they can somehow squeeze out of Epic's stranglehold for AWII distribution, because not being on Steam and to a lesser degree not having a retail version on consoles absolutely hurt that game.

When they talk about ‘gear’ and improvisation and co-op, in a creepy place like the Oldest House. My mind immediately goes to something like Rainbow Six Extraction. Which that game seemed generic and not interesting, but in the hands of Remedy? Could have something. Especially if the game has Control style combat.

@Maryokutai I think Epic has some kind of deal where if the game is exclusive for 12 months then the publisher gets 100% cut or something, as opposed to Steam take 30%

But PC people seem to hate Epic store for some reason. So maybe they would have been better going with Steam and paying the fee

The thing is that Epic is the publisher, so I doubt those clauses apply in this scenario. Of course we don't know the details, whether or not Remedy gets a fixed share per sale or if they get a bonus after the game has turned profitable etc. But for a niche game like this it really should have been on everything, in every format.

Anyway, bit off-topic. Condor definitely has potential, but MP shooters just aren't my thing.

Yeah. I'd like to play Alan Wake 2, I'd have 100% bought it on Steam, but it's likely never coming there. I'm amazed they lost money on it, you'd have thought the publishing deal would take care of that. Anyway, I'll buy it on PS5 at some point 

I don't really want a co-op shooter from Remedy, but I hope it does enough for them