passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Helldivers 2

Sly Reflex

I dunno why but logged in today and had 50 medals to spend. Not that the medal stuff gets you very much. But a nice bonus.

Realised everyone is using the Rover Bot. It's like an automated laser turret that follows the player around and shoots things on it's own. There are people on hard mode who are just running around like crazy letting it do all the work. But it's 7500 gold so will take 2 or 3 matches to have enough again

I think this game is cool. But, I dunno. It's just not particularly fun if you can't buddy up with someone and talk to people. I know it's not intentional, just lack of communication, but playing "solo" effectively I just constantly get lost by other players, or even chased away from other players by the enemy and no one helps.

I was going to say this game breaks one of my golden rules that if you don't play it with others it's just not that fun. But I will give it a pass because it is a purely multiplayer game and not like optional co-op or something. So it makes sense with this type of game. But yeah it's Ok, but solo it's a bit eh 

I’m still loving it, but it can be a very different experience depending on the quality of your random team-mates. The vast majority are helpful, but there is the occasional dick head. 

I’m definitely going to be playing this for the long haul, as it’s really bloody fun. We all need to squad up at some point.

Fuck, I wish I'd have known, we had a spot open tonight as well.

I'm at the point where I need the pink samples now. I am not at the point where I have the skill to get pink samples, so I am at an impasse. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably have a blast on this tomorrow morning sometime (probably when the Missus goes off to the gym)... guess by now they'll be a fairly decent learning curve.

So I spent around 2 or 3 hours with this earlier... it's not great at explaining things is it?

Doesn't seem to have level parameters except for having completed the difficulty tier below... actually letting me know an expected level would be much more useful and having about four different currency types is a bit overkill too. I literally had to Google if and how extra Primary weapons opened up.

Shooting feels fairly tight though... I just need more time to see if things stick a little better in my head... that and the game not to crash.

Spent a few more hours with it today and it's clicked a lot better... I get what the game wants me to do to unlock difficulties, although I'm sticking to Medium at the minute... figured I needed to get some better equipment before trying higher than that. I've hit level 7 and I'm saving up for that Watchdog at level 10. I also get where your supposed to get new equipment from and I'm now rocking a nice new shotgun... one question how do you earn the deluxe medals or whatever they're called?

Been concentrating on the bugs all day as they're a shitload easier to fight than the robots from what I've seen. Only played with randoms but it's been fun enough... surprisingly solid once in game too.

The Watchdog is a brilliant bit of gear, I’m always using that. Shotguns are bloody good for taking out enemies with armour. You get medals for finishing missions, or finding them in game in areas. I’ve never seen “deluxe medals”, but then I’ve got access to all the war bonds, so it might be you haven’t bought access to a particular warbond. 

I far prefer bugs to robots, as the bots are bloody annoying. Especially the ones that kill you with rockets before you even realise where/what they are.

I can only access the first warbond at the minute and I'm only around three pages down in that... so maybe I've not bought enough yet to gain access? 🤔 

Just keep opening objectives, you'll get enough super credits to pay for the premium warbond. Sometimes the game can be a bit stingy, other times it'll give you a few hundred credits in a night. I think it all boils down to how lucky you are with RNG. You're looking for the things that look like squared off poker chips.

When you get the watchdog, grab the laser version. The ballistic one requires ammo, which it didn't in HD1.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a headset with a mic this week, so if anyone still playing and wants to team up I can waste all your resources and verbally apologise for doing so 

Side note I've also reinstalled Diablo 4 and would love to team up with people in that game if anyone plays it? I saw the thread only had one post in so I guess not, but putting it out there