passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Persona 5 Tactica

spatular

This is alright imo, the gameplay can be quite good at times, trying to setup a big triangle of doom to contain as many bad guys as possible - that can be pretty fun. some of the bonus levels/quests are like a puzzle game and pretty good too. overall quite liked the story but it's told far too slowly, there's too much dialogue and with other messing around between levels (fusing/equiping/persona/buying guns/assigning skillz etc.) especially near the start it takes ages between any gameplay. picks up a bit at the end but already probably outstayed its welcome by then. probably is a bit too easy too but the challenges on each level mitigate that a bit like trying to do the level in a certain number of turns.

the graphics can be pretty stylish like other persona games. although the music maybe not as much, didn't seem as good as (the extremely high bar of) other persona games.

not sure i'd fully recommend it, at times i was enjoying it, but other times not so much. give it a try if you want i guess - did anyone try it?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the story self-contained, like some sort of anime 'filler' episode, or does it directly reference some stuff from the main game?

I'm currently finishing up Royal (at least I think I do after 100 hours) and if it's anything like P4 I'll probably want to spend a bit more time with the characters after that, so I'm trying to make a decision between this and Strikers. I usually prefer the tactics genre over musou clones, but I think Strikers got a more positive reception?

Yea Strikers is a decent little extra story game. Wasn’t keen on the gameplay but it was better than I expected for a Musou. I haven’t got around to playing this yet but looking forward to it. But I’d also agree with finishing 5 before venturing into any of the extra stuff. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve just got this as a rental, tactical games are something I quite enjoy, I love Final Fantasy Tactics, and Front Mission. 

I’ve had P5 Royal for a while now, think I got to the second or third dungeon? Can’t remember to be honest. I’m fully aware there’s going to be spoilers while I play this. But I’m not too bothered, if I’m honest. I’m probably not going back to P5 anytime soon. So even if I do, I’ll probably have forgotten anything. 

Played a couple of matches in this, it’s off to a good first impression. The combat is satisfying, it seems straightforward enough. I like the art style. So yeah, seems fun.

Again, I’m sure there’s going to be moments in this that will “spoil” 5 for me in general. But honestly, that’s not an issue for me. I barely remember what happened in 5 as it is. And with FF7 Rebirth out imminently, I certainly won’t be going back to P5 in the near future.