passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Tekken 8

one-armed dwarf

I believe over the years they've retconned some stuff anyway, like they have a Tekken 3 anime coming out with a Tekken 6 character in it and stuff like that.

At the same time, I believe the voice actor for Heihachi Mishima passed a few years ago and his character's story already ended in 7 I think so naturally it would make more sense to keep the character retired and move on to 8

I think everything about this game looks amazing and was the best game shown all over the Tuesday directs but the thing that’s really stuck with me is the song. It’s so fucking cool. It sounds really new but also like it reminds me of something from a long time show but I dunno what. It’s been the best part of a week and the chorus is still stuck in my head. Everything about the trailer is awesome and it’s the first time I’ve ever been excited about Tekken, but the song is doing a lot of that work. I hope the whole game has this kind of style 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I say this a lot, but games need to cool it imo with the particle effects and screen shake, or let players tone it down a bit. Makes it hard to actually read what's happening, imagine what it would be like with top tier players doing more complicated interactions

I felt this in Strive also, there's so much screen shake and firey particles that aren't clean to look at, and hard to understand even when they shouldn't be. No way to turn it down

I guess I see now why SF players love the training grid so much

An option to turn it off would be nice tho, Faust in Strive inflicted an honest to god migraine on me before with the constant flickering and judder. It's too much after a point, even in a short session it makes me sick and dizzy

Ultimately, it would be a decision to improve accessibility in all directions, if stuff like this could be user controlled a bit better. It feels like a step backwards if the game presentation is even less clean than previous iterations

I'll also point out that SF6 doesn't have this much at all, it's maybe the coolest and prettiest while also cleanest looking fighter out there IMO

evangelion-gendo-glasses.gif?w=356

I dunno. To me this was the least impressive character trailer so far. He just looks like regular old (Post-T4) Jin. Nina looks different. Kazuya had extra umph to his movements. Jin ...Meh. 

• 2 weeks later...