passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

8 hours ago, Maf said:

In all seriousness if I had to beat this fight hard core with sword and shield and what not this would have taken forever. I see what Dwarf was saying that in the second phase it’s like he slides in from combo route to combo route. In one of my attempts it was like a 11 hit combo and I lost of track of what move he was doing and when it would end. What’s sneaky it’s not even like he’s resetting the combo. Like you left a gap so he started from move 1. He can just get to move 3 and do whole new string and it’s like well fuck. I’d like to see what your stamina bar looks like in battle. 

That’s why the summons are so essential. Let them do their 11 hit combos to the summons while you spank them from behind. 

4 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

googled the key I was looking for.

I had to do the same at that part. Annoying thing was I’d already beaten

Spoiler

that dragon, but because the fight had taken us away from his starting place I just totally lost my bearing where he was to start with and just didn’t think to check his area after it at all. 

1 minute ago, mfnick said:

That’s why the summons are so essential. Let them do their 11 hit combos to the summons while you spank them from behind. 

Which is where I struggle with ER. I want to learn all the fights 1v1 but standing behind them hitting their arse is so boring zzz

Already posted my version of maf's fight pages ago but it was pretty fraught and took a lot of figuring out, after a while I had to stop learning the fights and just do it the other way. But it turns the fights from something intense and difficult into a formality. No middle ground

The actual fight against him is ace. Pretty straightforward and a cool design with heavy telegraphs for what he does. But they put a nice shit cherry on the top which are the adds he summons right at the start. As well as the shit run back, short but annoying

Credit where it's due, at least they frontload the shit stuff. But I would just like to fight him, not the helpers which can overlap their attacks together and get you caught in an unescapable undodgeable spaghetti offense. For that reason (the adds and especially the time wasting runback) i summoned mimic on phase 2 after some attempts and just AFK-ed to victory

Beat Golddick 

Spoiler

Fair enough I got to blast him with magic. But it took 3 pints of magic and it still wasn’t close to killing. So I had to balance it with sword attacks which mine is the first long sword you get in the game and it’s not upgraded at all and my character has level 10 STR. So each sword swipe does 49 points of damage. Lol. I could do with finding a weapon that scales with intelligence really soon. 

This boss fight I thought was quite easy. Even though I magic’d the fuck out of him, even playing against him is not that bad. Lots of attacks he leaves himself mega open. His 5 hit combo is really easy to avoid. The fire is not too bad once you figure it out. It’s easy to create space when you need it. Even with my piddling sword it’s easy to pick spots and do one swipe here, 3 swipes there. Imagine if I had a bigger sword and didn’t die in 2 hits. 

The castle getting to him. Hmm. It starts cool, but once on the inside I don’t understand the intention. I feel like I kind of just fell my way in to Golddick. I didn’t even really know how I got there.

The only thing I learned from the castle is that the guard counter is super powerful and useful! Who knew? Particularly good against the birds. My first 2 encounters with them I was like err. I can’t hit you at all. Then I remembered. 

Level 33 now at just shy of 12 hours. Think I will go back in the other direction and see what I missed. Also I got a eye of the next bit of the land and that is huge. I don’t want to deal with it yet.

I got a bell that says I can summon spirits from ashes. I take it that’s what I need to be able to do summons now? Wait until I’m summoning and magicing ho, ho, ho. Easy Ring is more like it. 

I also killed that NPC right after the Golddick fight. A ghost told me too. You’re not going to listen to a ghost? 

Spoiler

The NPC you killed used to be killed by players because he was associated with a bugged quest that could not be completed. Also he was stealing some of your runes

The latest patch fixed that bug though, so you cant complete that quest (but more merciful players can), nice one dude 👍

Thanks. My character is below. My staff is +5 but I highlighted the sword so you can see it’s basic. I need to find a better weapons and armour.

This is post fight so I was level 30 before

Spoiler

FOVFEnEXsAg7rzb?format=jpg&name=4096x409
FOVFE1xWYAMQn65?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Did a lot today. I reached the requirements to use the Golden Halberd which does physical and holy damage, upgraded that to +5. Now I’m doing around double the damage I was doing with the Cresent Moon Axe +5, an attack boost which was sorely needed. Now I can kill giant crabs in 3 hits. 

In terms of the story:

Spoiler

I finished the Raya Lucaria Academy and beat Rennala. At one stage one of those Iron Maiden type enemies killed me and I was transported to Volcano Manor. I went back and killed that Iron Maiden and found a useful talisman which makes you immune to fall damage.

I found one of the magic keys that activates the warp gates at the Four Belfries. This time I activated one and it took me to Nokron, to the area where a lone knight is gazing at the stars (I had wondered how to reach this knight when exploring the River Siofra). I would say he is the strongest enemy I have fought in the game so far. I’ll come back when I’m a little bit stronger. By no means impossible at my current level, but I’m not in the mood to bang my ahead against a wall when I have so many places to explore.

I also gave the second Academy Key I found to Thops and he gave me a gesture. It looks like the gesture a few player messages have told me to use at certain points but I dunno if it will do anything. I went to the Moonviewing Grounds in Liurna at night time, thinking I was clever, and used the gesture there. But nothing happened.

Now that I’m twice as strong as I was before, I’m going to properly mop up stuff in Liurnia and go back and take on some of the stronger enemies I ignored in Limgrave.

That's a good point, I should do an update on my stats?

A quick session yesterday took me to some manor to the north of Liurnia. Ohh a new enemy type.. and a delightful one too. Finally found the place for Sombre Stones and my Crystal Sword is now +4. Which is ideal for this area as most things melt from a few swings. It's funny that you know you've reached a boss when you see the Stake of Marika next to a door. Unfortunately, I didn't go through said door as I backtracked down a path to the left and after I couldn't get back, decided to get some upgrades back at Roundtable.

Yeah, I think I'm done with INT for now. Maybe keep popping the odd point in to it but need to focus on health and mana right now. I would benefit greatly by being more survivable and being able to shoot more bullets. 

Overworld stuff today. Finally defeated the tree guardian that was giving me trouble. Also found and killed another one. Funny to think, from the moveset, they are a reskinned Asylum Demon.

Found a funny looking Turtle with a hat too. I'd forgotten when I was lower level, racing from bonfire to bonfire. That I'd only skimmed most places.

Beat the manor I had mentioned earlier. Although the grace still points to it? Perhaps towards another boss further north?? You'll notice I said 'beat' and not cleared out. The resilience of the enemies in the first area meant it will be a while before I think myself strong enough to return. Found the obligatory poison-based cave. Didn't get too far in before running out of flasks. I pulled back and decided to go back to a previous underground area I didn't get too far in before. Killed the golem outside for good measure this time too.