passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty

one-armed dwarf

Made about 11 hours of progress, really loving this now. So glad I’ve gone back to it. I was quite enjoying a powerful shotgun. But now I’ve upgraded to mantis blade arms, and my guns have pretty much been ignored. As it’s too much fun to just charge into an area, and literally tear enemies limb from limb. 

I mean, I guess I could use stealth, hack cameras, all that jazz. But nah, going absolutely ballistic seems to be paying off quite nicely so far 😄

I had one mission where I could have used stealth, but unfortunately I hadn’t realised and just killed everyone there. 
As I left the building, I got a phone call asking me how the negotiations went. 

Erm…oh dear. Well, I left him in a completely dismembered pile. So yeah, quite a successful negotiation i guess? 😄

I can't believe how much content this game has... I'm closing in on the level cap (60) and I'm still getting random quests appearing while I'm driving around and I've only cleared one area of gigs and police jobs, admittedly those police things are pretty much copy and paste inconsequential things but if you want those achievements they need doing... Still haven't progressed Phantom Liberty much either.

It's huge!

I’ve just started the Phantom DLC, as a guide warned that once a specific mission kicks in to start it, it closes permanently if you don’t do it fairly quickly. Not sure if that warning is accurate or not, but I didn’t fancy taking the risk. 

Im about 30 hours in to the main game, I think the final mission isn’t far off. But I’m avoiding that to focus on the many, many side missions I’ve got to do. Pretty much everywhere I drive to, triggers a phone call with even more missions to do. And I’m having that much fun, that I’m perfectly ok with that. 

After 36 hours, I’ve finished the main game, and the Phantom Liberty DLC. Definitely glad I gave this another chance. It took a while to get into it, but once I did, I was throughly hooked. PL adds a significant amount of content, exploring Dogtown is well worth the effort. 

I might have a crack at some of the other endings another time. 

I did a fair bit of side content, though there’s plenty still left to do when I go back to it. I didn’t feel like I rushed through anything. And I got the “35 hours” from what it says was played on my PSN profile, but those hours played are often way off. 

Just done the Killing Moon quest... fuck me, that was epic in all the right ways. Some brilliant combat and set pieces there.

Phantom Liberty's quests and structure are so goddamn good it turned this game from a 6 to a 9 overall for me personally, it's really just the best expansion ever made imo.

The cinematic design of it all, the stuff with 

Spoiler

the twins,

it's all done so well

edit and looking it up I haven't even done the quest you're talking about, so that's something I can look forward to for... playthrough 4? fuck, really turned around on it now

Spoiler

So I've save-scummed my way through the five Phantom Liberty endings... there's not going to be any happy ever afters in this game obviously...😢

In my opinion siding with Songbird leads to a better last mission but probably the weaker endings (apart from one which I'll mention in a moment) while taking Reeds side (sorry if these are classed as spoilers, in my opinion names don't spoil anything🤷‍♂️) gets slightly more satisfying results but a vastly worse end mission.

There's one ending that actually does end your run and turns out to be quite poignant along with it... I romanced Judy and that was literally turned it's head... having Johnny use V's real name (the only character who's allowed to do that, I think) in the last conversation was also a real nice touch. 

Obviously I had to choose an ending to carry on my playthrough of the base game so I plumped for the one where I sided with Reed initially, refused to kill Songbird... and she's ended up back in FIA hands with Reed being at least a little friendly towards me. And it's the only way of keeping everyone alive.

Think I'm coming up to around 90 hours in this now and it wouldn't surprise me if I put another 30 or so in before I put this to bed.

22 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Man, I remember when I got my head bit off for posting 10 minutes of the first level of Metroid. Here's Nag dropping bombs about things even I didn't know about, lol

Which bit needs putting in spoiler tags?... I'd sooner do that than have the entire post deleted.

imo

Spoiler

The stuff about Johnny using V's real name, that's new info to me (presumably tied into something I've not unlocked on my playthroughs)

The whole 'taking sides' thing is also a spoiler, but it's so heavily alluded to in every preview and review that I'm not sure it matters or not at this point

Also just the general comments about how every ending is a downer

That said, my definition of spoilers just seems different to lots of people. Others define screenshots of benign shit as mega spoilers, but are happy to name boss fights and where they occur. Maybe I'm overthinking 🤷‍♂️