passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Maf

Ok so they’re unveiling Season 2 today and the matchmaking servers are down I swear if they do a “And Season 2 launches...tonight!” I will be so mad. I’m level 37. It’s going to take me just a few more days to get to 40. C’mon. 

I had a yellow team roll the ball thing today where we were in front, then both teams held our ball back and left their balls to drop in. Fucks.

Also saw a new game where you have to dive through hoops. Got absolutely smashed in that as well.

They could do with making the memory game harder, I've played it about 10 or more times now and I've only ever seen a few people fail it. Maybe make it so each tile can only hold a set amount of people to avoid people cramming on the one tile.

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

I had a yellow team roll the ball thing today where we were in front, then both teams held our ball back and left their balls to drop in. Fucks.

Haha, yeah this sucks. Today when I was playing so many of the blue team jumped down to stop a ball that they didn’t leave enough in the lane to push their ball over. My team won first but it took forever for the rest of the game to wrap up. 

I had so much bullshit today. Just so much. The worst of it was a game of Royal Fumble where the tail got telegrabbed in the last second. And I mean the last second. I was so furious that a bottle of water went flying at the wall. I have not been that mad at a video game for a long time. I’m glad I don’t know my neighbours because I would be embarrassed to talk to them after assuming how much they heard me literally scream today. I love this game but they really need to sort out some of the bullshit. 

Anyway, what I came to say was that Season 2 launches in October. So plenty of time to hit level 40 for the people who want too. 

I just rage quit because some cunt pushed me off the rolling floor level. First time I've ever failed this level.

I got a few hexagon runs this time, one went shitty, but one I was the 4th player, if I had hit the last layer of floor I might have won, but I bounced off the side after dropping from the tier above.

I'm starting to see a pattern in levels I hate. Slime Climb is just fucking rubbish. The Rocket League inspired one is really bad as well, it's just so inconsistent where the ball goes when it's being pressed by several players from all directions. In fact anything where you have an item that can be manipulated by other players is a bit wonky, I guess it's a latency thing, but I'm not a fan of the egg hunt or the one where you put the balls to you area.

Oh, I love Slime Climb. Anything that is pure platforming like that I’m in to. Slime Climb is also really good because it thins the heard out which means you can get to the finals quicker.

Anything team game is hit’n’miss for me. I like Fall Ball I just don’t like everyone else who plays with me. The egg hunt one was annoying but I learned a good tactic. Once all the eggs are gone from the field run to whoever is in second place more or less and just throw their eggs out. Don’t even try to get them home just lob ‘em. As long as they have less than you than you win. 

Jinxed is the absolute biggest piece of bullshit. I’ve think I’ve won that game 1/10 times and just don’t know what to do. 

I love Hex-A-Gone, too. Even when I lose on that map I tend to have fun. 

Yes! People have got very pushy and grabby. In the beginning I was having fun griefing other people but lately every time I try I end up being the one who falls off a thing. People successfully throw me off shit all day though.

Not mad about it at all ?

I used to be alright at Slime Climb. Then I had one shite match of it, and ever since I’ve just sucked. 

I don’t enjoy any of the team games. Because every time, you get sided with absolute muppets that just cock it right up. And once it goes bad, you can’t pull it back alone.

It sounds like we all hate team games but at the same time would the game be what it is without them? I think the real thing is we all hate losing at team games. I’ve never felt bad when I’ve won a team game.

Any video game is a ball ache when you know you’re doing everything you can but everything else is going against you. Double that when it’s down to other people. But if they were taken out of the game I think Fall Guys would miss out on a lot of it’s excitement/pressure/anxiety/relief. All of which are essential to making this game what it is. 

I want the 5 in a row trophy more than anybody and if they took team games out I would of probably had it by now. But I definitely think if the game wasn’t as knife edge as it is then I wouldn’t want it as much either. 

Except Jinxed that shit can go

Anybody else watch the Twitch Rivals tournament? Super exciting. The guy I watch play Mario Maker, his team got 3rd. There were times watching them I was more nervous for them than I have been in my own games. At least twice I covered my eyes with my hands because it was too intense to watch. I think I might like esports, guys lol

Also the total viewer count for Fall Guys was over 700,000 people at one point! This game is certainly having a moment. The game is occupying that weird space where on one hand I don’t think it’s GotY, and in the other hand it’s definitely one of the game’s of the year. Like Animal Crossing. Is it the best game of the year? No. But is it one of the most defining games of the year? Probably. 

For me, the reason I hate the team games, is that it’s annoying to do well in a few rounds, only for a bad team game to immediately ruin what was a good run. But yeah, I see your point.

When this bloody awful year comes to an end, this will undoubtedly end up as one of the defining games for sure. As it’s a simple idea, executed really well. 

I got the 5 in a row

EgmvuhEWsAAAL7m.jpg

AAAAGAGAGRHRHJDN#XJDMC CHSMS,X FNSJSMD CJDKS CHDKS DJCNAK FJSISNDJDISNXIDISNFHFFIXKSNDJCNCKSMXNSKXDXKXJX I CAN’T BREATHE

AHDJF DKCNFKSKDNRKDIW CJD’SNCNDJRMCIEKF FIFODNDNFJRIDNDJD

THE LUCKIEST FUCKING SHIT

WE HAD 2 TEAM GAMES AS WELL I UPLOAD THE FULL MATCH LATER

1 FALL MOUNTAIN AND 4 HEX-A-GON

I’M GOING TO PASS OUT OH MY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST. 

IT WAS THE LAST GAME TO GET ME TO LEVEL 40 AS WELL

??????????????????????

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL I NEED TO HUG SOMEONE 

Thank you! Yes. My last trophy to get is to win a game while in a party of 3 or more so I will have to hit up discord maybe tomorrow and see if I can get some help.

I can not believe I got that trophy. I don’t know what came over me, I don’t know where that luck came from, even now I am getting nervous thinking about it. It’s been hours and my stomach is still a bit knotted. Through to the end of episode 3 I was trying to stay calm, relaxed. Focused but tried not to get to caught up on the idea. But when I won episode 4 I couldn’t feel my hands for the next 15 minutes lol. Especially when I got two team games. I got past one and thought, ok, well the patch says you can’t get two team games in a row so I should be good. And then the penultimate round was another team game and I was like nooooo not like this! 

At the end I was sure I was going to get Royal Rumble or Jump Showdown and lose but when Hex-A-Gone popped up for the 4th time I just knew it was now or never. I really put everything I had in to playing as sensibly as possible. And then I got it.

I’m genuinely so happy. I know most trophies are bullshit and just for completionists but this one was like trying to hunt a unicorn or some shit. It just never really seemed possible. Don’t get me wrong I played well when I had to, but wow the luck. Didn’t get a single team game in the first 4 episodes, I think episode 2 was 3 rounds long because Slime Climb do what Slime Climb do and wiped tonnes of people out. And apart from the first game all Hex-A-Gone finals which is about as fair and balanced as the game gets. Just such good RNG on the maps. 

And my very last game was the game that got me to level 40 as well. I don’t know how to say this but when I put the game on today the air was different. There was just something about it. I tried not to get to attached to the idea, even by episode 3 was telling myself to not think about it and shut up. But it just all came together. 

In. Sane.