passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Maf

For people who haven’t checked it out I would highly recommend this game’s twitter account. It might be better than the game.

Also related

“LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN YOU GRIEF ME!!!”

?

2 games played today and got win #8 ?

I’m the luckiest muthafucka. I can’t believe I beat that guy to it! Why did he not jump? What the fuck?

I will say the most common thing I’ve observed in this and how people fail at Fall Mountain is they always try to go the reverse way of the last spinning hammer. I tried that in my very first game when I got to the final, got pushed back, lost, never tried it again. I don’t care how much sense it makes to go that way I’ve never seen it work. Even in this video there are 3 people in front of me, they all go the reverse way and I overtake them all. It’s been a week, I thought people would have stopped trying to do that by now.

Why the other guy didn’t jump and let me win I don’t know lol. 

Any one else been getting issues with this tonight?

Had a series of issues-

- game sticking and buttons not working when loose a round and or try to quit,have to restart game.

- Grab seems temperamental, can't grab a tail unless right on top of person, but people grabbing mine out of reaching distance.

- Occasional buttons failing to register on Jumps, fell prematurely on hex a couple of times due to non registered input. 

- slow start on races, can be at front holding forward from start whistle but being overtaken.

And other bits.

Regardless I did manage to win my 2nd episode, not without feeling cheated on occasion.

Still fun and addictive, but the above has taken an edge off it, shame wasn't getting issues before tonight.

The only one I’ve had is the tail grab latency. I’ve had people snatch mine when I’m in the air above them. It’s like how does that work.

Also feel cheated getting put on Yellow Team fuck Yellow Team ?

EDIT: Just got win #9, babe-be

HEX-A-GONE JUSTICE

Wow my good luck streak took a dark turn. After win #9 I must of lost nearly 10 in a row. One of the almost wins was quite early in the losing streak on Hex-A-Gone where I was the last person to get eliminated because I did one dumb jump. The rest of the time was wanting one more go at Hex-A-Gone to get my justice! But I took forever and I lost game after game, final after final, and actually it’s made me like the game a whole lot more.

As much as I really have liked this the one element this game didn’t really hit me with was compulsion. I would play for a few games and turn it off and walk away from it fine. But just trying to get this 10th win had me on the hook. And as mad as I was getting I was also smiling a lot too. This game is...a complicated, emotional foray into the human psyche hitting you with bright colours and fun energy and then turns venomous and murderous while maintaining a looney tune smile. I kinda fucking love this. 

For my efforts? Finally got my hot dog costume! Yes! One of the 3 I want. Now all I need is the ninja outfit and the soda can outfit. Maybe the fries outfit. 

Breathe. I’m not saying this is my favourite game of the year. But it might be, I don’t know.   

The competition in this game is definitely getting harder. I’ve been at this for maybe 4 hours and only got 3 wins. And one of those was exceedingly cheap.

I also got robbed a lot as well. There was one final of Tail Chase or whatever and I lost it right at the last few seconds from someone who snatched it off me from quite a distance due to latency and there wasn’t the time to get it back.

I’m certainly getting to know what courses I like and what I don’t, too. The split is basically anything that’s platforming - Ok. Anything that isn’t - fuck off. I hate any tail game. I hate any egg game. I hate any ball game. But everything else is just running and jumping and that’s my jam. 

I know I shouldn’t even think about it. The 5 wins in a row, though...absolute bullshit you would have to be so lucky. Especially now with how much better everyone is getting at it. It’s not even remotely imaginable anymore. It doesn’t matter how well you play sometimes people just get better luck than you. 

There was maybe a moment or so where the rage was overpowering the fun in this game tonight. Then I won and found my zen again. Maybe this should be play it for an hour at a time sort of thing instead of all night. 

Also, I know this game shouldn’t be taken seriously. But please, oh, please, if you see that the amount of remaining players is an odd number take team games where it really needs to be equal amount of players on each side out of the selection ?

agreed badly balanced team games really screw things up, found team either giving up. or if they dont they are either shit or just a bunch of cretins, totally ruins a good run.

Then again races can be equally frustrating now most people know tricks to get near front of the pack, unless your front row you wont get a 1st and qualifying becomes a maelstrom of bodies tripping on each other,  Oh, and also Fuck Fruit Shoot!

All of the races I find fun. I still get a lot of 1st places in those. Generally the first 2 rounds tend to be really easy for me. It’s only from round 3 onwards they start to introduce team games that the dread kicks in. I’ve never lost at See Saw, Slime Climb, Whirly Gig, Gate Crash or Door Dash. I only had my first loss tonight on Rollout but I knew it was my last game and just didn’t play well. Anything platforming, bring it on. 

But when Fall Ball comes up and your team has 4 players and the other team has 5 players might as well just quit right there. 

Considering getting this, but I know it's going to boil my piss, it's funny to watch, but I don't know if I could take the bullshit.

What's the deal with no gamertags shown? Pretty odd decision, no? Or is it to prevent people being toxic and sending messages to people that dicked them over?

You can see people’s gamer tags by pressing L2. 

It has a lot of bullshit but it’s also really funny. 

Really think this is a game everyone should try. Even if not normally someone’s cup of tea. Especially if you got PS+. It’s really different from other Battle Royale’s.