passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Centy

Veteran isn't fun, end of. It's not what the game is about for me. I've played through on a lesser setting, and I'm not going to punish myself (and possibly my pad) by going through on an insanely hard mode. It will just ruin how I look at the game in the future, which at the moment is that it was a superb first person experience that looked amazing and really sucked me in.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sits pretty*

I'm currently right at the end of Veteran mode, in the bunker. To say it's hard is an understatement to be sure.

I've been playing online quite a bit too, I'm only level 10 or something but it's been good fun.

Me, picks and TGK had a few decent games of team games. It's very tactical and a lot of fun!

Though I've also been playing the "every man for himself" type games and either not using the headset or plugging it in with the mute button on and listening to the intelligent American players.

The best bit about playing online is when you die you get the final few seconds of your life from the eyes of the person who killed you.

It may have been used in a game before but it's still a really nice touch! And very funny at times.

the best thing to do in big fire fights with plenty of cover strewn around, part time gamer, is to sprint from cover to cover, killing selectively. if you take residence in certain spots of the level, it may stop the enemies spawning from there or make your buddys move up and mop up the resistance, or both. that tv station bit had me screwed, i kept trying to go through the offices on the left thinking they afforded me more cover and were safer. i was wrong, i ended up using the little rooms up the right hand side of the room to make my way across, popping out to kill anyone who had a clear shot before making the next run. running to where the exit is seems to stop people spawning, meaning that you can finally clean up and advance.

finished it on vet by the way, good lord 'twas a trial. it reminded me of trying to get the cheats on goldeneye, like the one on facility (invincibility?). just running like the clappers. 'cept with strategic use of flashbangs to get past the big groups, then a headshot for the 'rist at the end. wow, hardcore

and i know what you mean ed, thats why the first two times through i played it on regular, i didnt want to get stuck and pissed off and ruin this amazing cinematic experience as a superhuman soldier. but i will always have that amazing memory, that first impression, so i just went for it!

Im at level 15 or something now, and since ive unlocked the mini uzi ive been kicking some serious ass, just running around like some kind of wonderful shooting snipers and campers in their stupid faces, take that you camping/sniping cunts!!!

Also, boo for martyrdom, it removes fun in an instant, like a kind of cillit bang for fun.

If you mean the times where people drop a grenade as they die, I actually quite like that! It adds a bit of tactics to it.

Do you go close to the body to finish it off (in case they're using the "last stand" extra) or do you stay back as they might give you a free gift?

depends which weapon im using, i normally switch between a ranged weapon where you can actually zoom in but as im finding success with the mini uzi im literally running up to people and shooting them either through a wall with its power or from a distance of 2/3 metres away.

Theres no logic to my tactics i might as well be using my knife but it affords me to not have to get too close to the martyrdom, i find i usually get hit by that droppy grenade thing when its people that the snipers on my team are killing and i run passed them. Its annoying because im racking up the kills but rarely chaining them together to earn me an airstrike, ive never ever had a helicopter but regularly get about 15 kills or more. Its awesome fun though, bar the occasionaly lag and a game being ended because of the connection to the host being lost.

i use the martyrdon perk, sometimes its useless but there are occasions on busy, closed in maps where you can get some real revenge on bastards like sambob who stick an uzi up your arse whilst youre trying to do throw some precision death at a particularly good sniper across the way

personally i use the RPD Light Machine Gun, with the Grip add-on for increased accuracy. its not particularly great close range, it feels a bit slow and clumsy but still due to its power you have a chance up close. the main reason i use it is that it's medium range is great and it's long range is pretty good too.

1000/1000 achievements btw ;)

CoD4 has been my first 360 game to hook me this much, i must say. there are lots of great games for the 360 that have sucked me in, mass effect being the last, but i have finished cod4 practically 4 times now (just went through 90% of it again looking for intel), done all the achievements, and put well over a dozen hours into the multiplayer, which i shall continue to play. might play through some of the levels with cheats on too.

what a game

TopGunKnacker wrote:

i use the martyrdon perk, sometimes its useless but there are occasions on busy, closed in maps where you can get some real revenge on bastards like sambob who stick an uzi up your arse whilst youre trying to do throw some precision death at a particularly good sniper across the way

personally i use the RPD Light Machine Gun, with the Grip add-on for increased accuracy. its not particularly great close range, it feels a bit slow and clumsy but still due to its power you have a chance up close. the main reason i use it is that it's medium range is great and it's long range is pretty good too.

1000/1000 achievements btw ;)

CoD4 has been my first 360 game to hook me this much, i must say. there are lots of great games for the 360 that have sucked me in, mass effect being the last, but i have finished cod4 practically 4 times now (just went through 90% of it again looking for intel), done all the achievements, and put well over a dozen hours into the multiplayer, which i shall continue to play. might play through some of the levels with cheats on too.

what a game

ur not alone TGK, i have played this so bloody much, done single player over and over again, i dont understand why its so addicitve. i got 1000/1000 now so been playin online and now hit lvl 51.

Has anyone got to 55 yet? because im not sure if i shud go to prestige mode. lose everything and get a new rank badge or just go for the golden guns. People say golden guns you have more "respect" but im still undecided, its more on ehte side of golden guns tho

prestige seems pretty pointless to me, but it makes me wonder if theyre going to pull some 'prestige-only' perks out of their bag of tricks some time down the road and make everyone wish theyd gone prestige

oh and, i made a mistake, the last 360 game to grab me by the balls was Biocock, twas Mass Erect before that.

1000 points! Finished Veteran! :ohmy:

Respect is due, honestly.

I must say the way they do the achievements is really good - keep them out of the multiplayer completely. Unlike Turok, which has a team-killing achievement which is just asking for trouble.

^yeah true hendo, and the multi kind of has its own achievement system, cept with unlockables and stuff as the prize rather than gamerpoints

and i got the Turok demo, i was extremely non-plussed. and is that ron perlman voicing thta arsehole mate of turoks? damn that guy gets around, halo, conan, turok, some other stuff

i may do prestige when i get to level 55,just to keep it interesting and do some of the earlier fun challenges again,the guns you start with on the first levels are pretty decent anyway. one of my friends has gone through prestige twice,and he's catching me up on levels again,i'm gonna be lapped twice!!

Aw, Project 8. I was looking forward to playing some Tony's with you. :(

Mind, you really can't go wrong with CoD4.

I know you enjoyed CoD2 and this is better looking, has more features and the modern setting really works well.

We should start our own clan too. I claim the name [DSWF]. I also claim most suicide attempts.