passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

They’re making a live action Teen Titans movie

https://www.newindianexpress.com/entertainment/english/2024/Mar/18/dc-studios-to-make-teen-titans-live-action-film-hires-writer-ana-nogueira-2

They’ve hired the writer who wrote (still writing?) the script for the new Supergirl movie

Because the new film Batman The Brave and the Bold is supposed to be focussed around Damian I assume he’ll be in it. And if this woman is writing Supergirl you could put her on the Teen Titans if you want to cast her as like 16 (that new actress could pass for that). 

I just wish DC had all this shit sorted years ago. They got some interesting stuff cooking, but I think they’re 10 years to late for the cinematic universe thing 

I really liked The Batman, but still find this a bit puzzling. It's such a gimmicky performance by Colin Farrell, a lot of fun in the film but I'm not super into the idea of a long form story about him.

Definitely going to check it out though, Bats and Gotham remain the only comic book-ey thing to pull me in right now

• 2 weeks later...

Expect a divisive response cause a lot of people aren't super into how these films ignore the mythologies of these characters, but it looks like a fun and playful genre deconstruction. 

Wasn't a huge fan of the first one, mind. But it's hard to get a guy like this to sign up to sequels so they must have some cool ideas at least

That last shot is really cool. Dunno what to make of it, but I'll watch it. I did like the first one for the most part, bar that one dumb flashback towards the end that screamed 'test audience wanted explanation'.