passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

On 10/12/2019 at 09:59, AndyKurosaki said:

avoiding spoilers by that point is pretty much impossible.

Well for one this is FFVII. It's basically the Star Wars / "Vader is my father" of videogames in terms of how spoiling it became part of pop culture.

On the other hand for the potentially new stuff (?) in the game: yes, it is entirely possible to avoid getting spoiled. I finished Breath of the Wild on July this year, almost 18 months after it came out. And the first time I saw the final boss was when I confronted him in the game, at that moment.

It's just a matter of avoiding comment sections, avoiding FFVII threads in forums and not clicking on too many FF videos on youtube because the algorithm might throw a spoilery thumbnail at you at some point.

Also avoid maf like the plague, he's spoiling stuff all the time.

Tbh I'm still not fully convinced they'll even finish these games.

They never followed up that Dirge of Cerberus cliffhanger. Not that I really wanted to see what would happen with that, but I still kind of expect a Half Life 2 Episode 2 situation here.

That and this game will be really short or something. Like 20 hours max to mainline story.

YouTube will be littered with playthroughs (depending how this Coppa thing turns out) so that would also be one avenue to avoid around early March.

I don't really think there could be much to spoil within Midgar, depending on where part one ends? To be FF 7, in any capacity, the broad strokes of the story have still got to be there. For example, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie aren't going to make it to Cosmo Canyon (as an aside, I am interested to see the new design for Bugenhagen). Personally, over subsequent playthroughs, Midgar was the section I sped through in the original. I am more looking forward to the remade world outside of the city itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol everything about this game is leaking now from the leaked demo

Finally (appearance of a character we havent seen yet)

Spoiler

Best boy

ENPTqQeWsAEZloU?format=jpg&name=medium

Also

Spoiler

Worst boy

ENPTH6XXkAAfLZw.jpg:large?width=944&heig

ENPTH6XXkAAfLZw.jpg:large?width=944&heig

Now people have found the entire script of the full game in a file on the demo.

Lololol. I cant recall a fuckup like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean whatever this game is, it's too close now for it to be an FFXIII versus style thing where it gets delayed years and years. 

However, it does make me wonder if it's going to be rougher than people expect. FFXV also got a delay just like this and wasn't in great shape on release (imo).

What they've shown of this has looked super good though. It'll probably be very short but it didn't seem unpolished.

“We know that so many of you are looking forward to the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and have been waiting patiently to experience what we have been working on. In order to ensure we deliver a game that is in-line with our vision, and the quality that our fans who have been waiting for deserve, we have decided to move the release date to April 10, 2020.

We are making this tough decision in order to give ourselves a few extra weeks to apply final polish to the game and to deliver you with the best possible experience. I, on behalf of the whole team, want to apologize to everyone, as I know this means waiting for the game just a little bit longer.

Thank you for your patience and continued support - Yoshinori Kitase, Producer of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I mean whatever this game is, it's too close now for it to be an FFXIII versus style thing where it gets delayed years and years. 

However, it does make me wonder if it's going to be rougher than people expect. FFXV also got a delay just like this and wasn't in great shape on release (imo).

What they've shown of this has looked super good though. It'll probably be very short but it didn't seem unpolished.

You know, I've been watching probably far too many 'Wha Happun?' videos on YouTube but reading that quote you posted seemed awfully familiar and filled with dread...

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching Maximillian Dood on twitch recently. He did an all nighter before the smash event where he played like all of Dirge of Cerberus, the spinoff with Vincent.

Has anyone played this game? It's shockingly bad, it looks like an alternate universe version of FFVII made by an alien who hasn't actually played the original. The game ends with a weird on rails section where a Gackt music track plays and just feels like a weird collection of the worst ideas Nomura has ever had. I think the whole thing was conceived just as a way for him to hang out with Gackt.

Really wonder if any of this stuff comes back in the Remake.

http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/v/536242302?sr=a&t=13583s

Still very curious to see Red XIII in action, via gameplay. I want to see how they've modernised his somersault-headbutt attack. It really irks me that we are even potentially getting a Sephiroth confrontation at Midgar. An unfortunate side-effect of this game being pray to the expanded media, that the original predated.