MFGamers

Resident Evil HD

illdog

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to doing the last Xbox One run on Real Survival difficulty over the last couple of days... Even set up a Twitch account and broadcast some of it (look at me), just under 5 Hours and that's brought my journey to an end.

Roll on Resident Evil Zero HD.

post-1328-0-04408100-1428270593_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

I bought the double pack of this and Zero and I've started Zero first.

I've got fond memories of both of these on the Cube and it still looks lovely, and they've improved the controls so you can play more of a direct control than tank but I still can't find any of the control options that I feel 100% comfortable with. The default is R1 to aim and X to fire. You can have L1 to aim and R1 to fire because obviously it had to still have some crazy Japanese control weirdness hanging over it.

I'm not sure I'll ever finish either of them but it has been good to see them again.

Edit: Although I am loving the increasingly inappropriate costumes.

image.jpeg

It feels so wrong playing those games with full on analogue controls, although it does make them a lot easier. I've never had a problem with the tank controls so I stuck with those.

Hope to god that the Resi 2 remake follows the mould of these games especially now they've changed up 7 as much as they have.

• 2 years later...

I'm up to the outhouse now on this on my Chris playthrough. Fought off the snake and got the trophy. It's a really long game when you're constantly having to manage your inventory as Chris.

This game is still the best RE I think. It's such a good level layout for the mansion and you really have to learn which rooms connect to each other and where the really dangerous spots are. There's one hallway now which is full of crimson heads that I have to keep taking the long way around cause it's so deadly.

I'm wondering how RE2 will thread the needle between this type of game where you're constantly under threat and the newer ones where things are much easier to deal with.

REVII made a good try of it just the execution was lacking in the back half a bit.

I lost interest in RE 7 when the Mould Men became the primary antagonists. REmake avoids that problem by having the confines of each room work in favour of the foes within it, regardless of how far into the game you are.

The mould men were shockingly rubbish enemies. But VII is the closest the series has ever gotten to a haunted house scenario as good as the first game

It also manages to do the whole thing where you can get overwhelmed in tight spaces by putting it all in FPS view. I know people like the weird camera angles in the old games but you don't need them to force the player into a corner.

The OTS shooter view still makes things a bit too easy imo. It's why my hopes aren't super high for RE2 but let's see

I beat REmake today it is gud

But I found out it was not hard mode I was playing but normal. So I think I'll do it again on hard mode as Jill with that true survivor thing where the item box isn't magic and auto aim is turned off

I've got to imagine they expect you to use pen and paper to record where you leave your items ?

Very DnD.

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I beat REmake today it is gud

But I found out it was not hard mode I was playing but normal. So I think I'll do it again on hard mode as Jill with that true survivor thing where the item box isn't magic and auto aim is turned off

I've got to imagine they expect you to use pen and paper to record where you leave your items ?

Very DnD.

Congrats. So did you get the canon ending wherein Chris, Jill, Barry and Rebecca survive?

11 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Barry isn't in Chris' game. He fuks off and never shows up again

Same for Rebecca in Jill's game.

This is my first time seeing the Rebecca cutscenes in the remake and she is a shit character. I liked her better in the PS1 game when she got her head liberated from her neck by a hunter.

Indeed. It is quite a source of contention with RE 1/REmake, that the canon ending given by Capcom in future sequels, isn't actually achievable  by the player, in-game.

Yeah, there is a reason Rebecca has been largely absent from the series after RE 1 and Zero...:lol: