passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

So Assassin has stuff that literally makes it way stronger but only when you play at night ☹️

When I level assassin then that's it I think, I need to go and have another go at warrior but I'm not touching magic in this NG cycle unless I find a fast way to level vocations.

For the cockatrice have a sorceror with the void spell move I think? It's something like that, it removes debuffs and petrify. I have it on all the time anyway.

Well that's the Drake dead. I would have killed it first go, but I foolishly held on to it when it went up in the air while it was on its last health bar. I'm kind of surprised I didn't get a achievement for killing it, all I got were materials, most of which I didn't pick up because they were spewn about the forest. This fight would have been much easier if one of my own pawns wasn't insistent on fighting me. There's a move where the Drake picks up a mob with his right hand and unless you are latched on to the heart with a grip all hits to the front of the boss cause them to land on your pawn, which is terrible hitboxing. Aside from a few dubious hipcheck hitboxes I'm used to better from Capcom.

It sort of looks like I'm at the end of the game now. I've gone back to see the old dragon guy and he's told me to go sort the dragon out. I think it's all about to wrap up. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to throw Emperor Palpatine down a big fuck off chasm

Kicked my pawn across to ranger and I've taken up the mage mantle for a bit.Chucking fireballs about when it's pitch black makes the game a bit easier. Something about the mage feels off though, I'm not sure I like it. Setting fire the the Griffon was fun though, if only the 3 idiots I've got in tow with me did any work...

14 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

Kicked my pawn across to ranger and I've taken up the mage mantle for a bit.Chucking fireballs about when it's pitch black makes the game a bit easier. Something about the mage feels off though, I'm not sure I like it. Setting fire the the Griffon was fun though, if only the 3 idiots I've got in tow with me did any work...

they hate fire

I'm guessing me and Sly are right around the same point as I've kind of being drifting around a lot, but with so much time I have right now I'll be seeing off that dragon before him I reckon ?

I'm enjoying the assassin more. It's basically a merger of strider and fighter and you can pick and choose any combo of sword or knives in one hand and bow or shield in the other, leading to an on the fly flexibility the other classes don't really have. You don't get the more powerful longbows of the ranger tho

What in trying right now is a dagger & shield build. The shield has a move with assassin which is a last minute shield parry which also jumps up onto the enemy. I managed to do this at one point with a chimera, baited him with shield summon and shield parried with "flight response" and jumped up on that goat head and hacked away. Felt very cool and rewarding.

I like how this looks in 4k. It's an ordinary looking game but it renders pretty well on Pro at least

Dt0bXqcWwAATY9n.jpg:large

I'm probably going to dick about and level up some more before I take on the last boss. Fancy fighting the drake a bit more to level up and getting some more vocations under my belt. Will probably try Sorcerer when I've finished up on mage, I don't know yet. I'd like to run my pawn through all the different vocations.

Does NG+ make everything harder or does it reset everything to the beginning or what? Like if I wanted to do the DLC would I need to be 60 odd or whatever @Nag recommended or would that jump up to 140 because I'd need to play the game through again?

Off the top of my head, new game plus resets to the start of the game... You'll one hit mobs, you'll need to increase the difficulty if you want extra challenge. Don't feel you've got to grind for levels on trash mobs now though, if you and @one-armed dwarf are at around the same place that Dragon (spoilers, sorry) isn't end game there's a better place to grind if that's what you want.

@Sly Reflex

The enemy behaviour is fascinating in this. I know there's only a handful of "fleshed out" enemies in the game but they feel very real sometimes and options for fighting them feel real varied.

I fought that black chimera. Chimeras are intimidating but they freak out and get panicked easily. It's all about knocking them down with charged up attacks when they charge at you or shooting a powerful charge shot from an arrow at them when they are running in circles all scared.

The assassin is especially cool as you're basically able to switch between a fighter type and strider at will. Parrying the monster to jump on its head or stopping it in its tracks with arrows.

However I'm on this dragon now and this guy is a cunt and now I hate this game. ☹️

For such an "ugly" game it can look really cool sometimes.

Spoiler

Dt4wubfW4AARg6V.jpg:large

Relating to my previous post here's a video of me fighting that chimera. Kind of drags on but I reckon I got some cool guy moments in there. My pawn did as well ?

The mistake I made here was I was trying to bait attacks out of him and fell him with mighty bend, but you don't need to do it during the attack. You can do it right at the beginning of its windup. I only found that out at the end

Keeping the chimera on you with shield summon while the pawn does her big magic is the other thing you can do, but the pawns seem slow to decide to cast magic. What this game needs is a system like in FFXII where you can set little commands to perform automatically

I guess that's more complicated for a game like this tho.

This dragon is causing me much grief. I went in with just my sorcerer pawn and I don't have any heals left.

I'm hearing you can hit him with ballistas. Jumping on him and stabbing his heart is really slow. My bow is barely making a dent on his heart as well

I may have to go back to a checkpoint but I really don't want to.

I'm level 51. I just did a Google after reading your post and lots of people beat him at around 45+ so I should be ok there

I'm using the equipment I found in his lair. An electric dagger which I equip for dodge rolls and an ice sword I use for stabbing

Also I just found out that the area has loads of healing items. I just did not notice.

I got him down three or four pips of health. So a bit away from halfway but that's progress.

This is just going to be a long fight I think.

One thing I wish is they let you switch around vocations more easily. I think the assassin is the one to go with for this fight but I can't imagine how fucked I'd be if I was rolling a warrior up to this.

Ranger might be the better bet actually if you don't mind doing less damage to his heart with melee.