passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Google Stadia

DisturbedSwan

• 4 weeks later...

Eurogamer: Google promises more than 10 Stadia timed-exclusives by July 2020

Google has promised more than 10 Stadia timed-exclusives will be released by July 2020 - but it failed to name the games.

More than 120 games are due to hit Google's streaming service in 2020, Google promised.

"Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than 10 games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch," Google said in a note to press today.

"We're working with our partners to share more on those games soon."

Currently Stadia has just one timed-exclusive: Gylt, from Rime developer Tequila Works. Gylt is expected to launch on non-Stadia platforms once its exclusivity period expires.

Coming in the next three months is support for 4K gaming on the web, further assistant functionality when playing on the web, support for additional Android phones and wireless gameplay on the web through the Stadia controller.

Stadia launched in November 2019 and since has been dogged by reports of low player numbers, question marks around its business model and its lack of launch features. Google has suffered a number of embarrassing headlines around the reality of the offering versus the promise of Stadia's pre-launch marketing.

"When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players, and we continue to work toward our long-term vision for the future of gaming," Google said.

Since launch, Google added six games to the Stadia Pro premium subscription (three months of which you get with a purchase of the £119 Founders' Edition). It also bought Journey to the Savage Planet developer Typhoon Studios, which is now a part of Stadia Games and Entertainment.

However, it's been a quiet couple of months for Stadia, which has sparked questions from some owners of the tech. Google said toward the end of January it will share more about the games coming to Stadia Pro in February. A free version of Stadia is also set for launch at some point in 2020.

They were talking about this on the beastcast, but I wonder how all this Stadia stuff will look next gen when variable refresh rate becomes more of a thing. It will still be a long while but it seems really hard to engineer a delayed stream to adapt to that kind of thing.

As an aside when VRR becomes mainstream I wonder if this and last gen games will make us all puke with their framerates lol.

New BT broadband deals deliver FREE Google Stadia Premiere Edition

If you want Google Stadia for free, then these BT broadband deals are well worth checking out. If you've been thinking of picking up a Google Stadia, and also fancy upgrading your internet connection, then these broadband deals from BT are well worth checking out. That's because they deliver the Google Stadia Premiere Edition for free.

That's a £119 free piece of gaming kit included along with a fast new broadband connection.

The free Google Stadia Premiere Edition deal is available on three of BT's current broadband packages, which start at £39.99 per month for an average speed of 67Mb, and progress right up to 300Mb average speeds at the top end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What makes you think that? I don't exactly know what target audience Stadia currently has but I doubt they're more into a franchise like Panzer Dragoon than Switch owners. 

I mean, I suppose they can hardly talk less about it either, but, well, that's just a game nobody will ever talk about. Unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stadia Pro Free for two months

We’re facing some of the most challenging times in recent memory. Keeping social distance is vital, but staying home for long periods can be difficult and feel isolating. Video games can be a valuable way to socialize with friends and family when you’re stuck at home, so we’re giving gamers in 14 countries free access to Stadia for two months. This is starting today and rolling out over the next 48 hours.

Anyone who signs up will get two free months of Stadia Pro with instant access to nine games, including GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, and Thumper. You can purchase even more games on the store, which will remain yours to play even if you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription. If you’re already a paid Stadia Pro subscriber, we won’t charge you for the next two months. After that, Stadia Pro is $9.99 a month, but you can opt out of your subscription at any time.

If you’re new, playing on Stadia is simple: 

Go to Stadia.com to sign up

Download the Stadia app on Android or iOS

Play on your laptop, desktop or Chrome OS tablet with your favorite (HID compliant) USB supported controller or mouse and keyboard

Play over Wi-Fi on Pixel or many supported Android phones 

With increased demand due to more people at home during this time, we’re taking a responsible approach to internet traffic. For Stadia, we’ve always adjusted bandwidth use based on a variety of in-home and local internet factors. To reduce load on the internet further, we’re working toward a temporary feature that changes the default screen resolution from 4k to 1080p. The vast majority of people on a desktop or laptop won’t notice a significant drop in gameplay quality, but you can choose your data usage options in the Stadia app.  

Like so many people around the world going through this crisis, our support team has been significantly impacted, and our customer support functions are not running at full capacity. Please use our automated Help Center and, as you give Stadia a try, check out these helpful tips for setting up your home environment.

Many of you will be new to Stadia, so we’ve also posted a Getting Started Walkthrough. 

Have fun, stay safe, and we look forward to playing with you on Stadia.

59 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Apologies, messed up the title of my previous post. 

You’re both right @Nag @DANGERMAN it’s Stadia Pro that’s free for 2 month. I got confused and didn’t read the article properly before posting, sorry. 

Have amended the post with a new title.

I think google's messaging is just a mess tbh. I've read that blog post multiple times, been to the site, and I'm still not sure what they're putting out or when

• 2 weeks later...

DF did another test

Not sure what their findings are, havent watched it yet. Doom Eternal seems like an important litmus test for viability of this tech tho, if you want it to replace platforms and not just use for more forgiving stuff where latency is not such a problem