passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DOOM: Eternal

DisturbedSwan

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

The situation worldwide being what it is, I do wonder if this and Animal Crossing come out. I hope so, it'll give us something to do 

I’m pretty sure they’ll both come out. I don’t think games will be affected as they’re largely played at home compared to movies at the cinema, sporting events etc.

Even if the worst comes to the worst and Royal Mail stop delivering games or stores close we’ll be able to get everything digitally.

1 hour ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I’m pretty sure they’ll both come out. I don’t think games will be affected as they’re largely played at home compared to movies at the cinema, sporting events etc.

Even if the worst comes to the worst and Royal Mail stop delivering games or stores close we’ll be able to get everything digitally.

not just the UK though, with america increasingly being shut down, a number of European countries, Korea... this time next week could be very different. The kind of different where you delay so your game doesn't bomb

I hope they come out and everyone's safe and fine, if only so we've got something to play when we're stuck inside

edit: if I were putting a game out next Friday, I'd maybe consider moving that date to Tuesday in the hope to beat any big delay

Still can’t see it happening unless they shut the postal service down @DANGERMAN. Even then they can still release stuff digitally. 

I don’t think game sales will be affected either because they are played in the home and you don’t have to go to any venue to play them like movies in cinemas etc. Game stores could close but then the UK retail sector is 80% online anyway. People get games delivered to their homes most of the time and don’t have to go anywhere.

For this, AC: NH, RE3 and FF7R the discs have likely already been printed. On Era there’s pics of physical copies of this on PS4 already being sold in Poland. 

Also, some PC footage:

13 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

WRT "I can't see it happening" I'd disabuse yourself of thinking nothing like that can happen with this thing. Supply chain issues is still a risk

But DOOM and Remake VII will be fine I would imagine.

Yeah, I’m not naive enough to think games are 100% Corona-proof. 

I really don’t know enough about supply chains etc. To say anything with certainty about future games but I’m sure this and AC will be ok. 

I’d imagine FF7R and RE3 will be ok as well but anything beyond that I’ve no idea. I’d assume GoT and TLOUP2 will be ok for reasons mentioned in my previous posts but if disc printing factories have to close (wherever they get printed) then that’ll definitely affect things for a physical release.