passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl

radiofloyd

• radiofloyd changed the title to Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I didn't return to SoC yet, I'm not sure when or if I will. This looks pretty interesting tho, yet at the same time paints a picture like it's just a shooting game but presumably there is a lot more going on here than that. Weird, euro-jank immersive sim elements. They don't really show a ton of that here tho other than some brief inventory stuff, and I guess testing the environment for anomalies. 

Considering all that's happening I wonder if an early access release could serve the game well.

(Also downloaded Tarkovsky's Stalker earlier today, did not realise that the book it's based off is also an inspiration for elements of the video game)

• 7 months later...

This is getting a vague Q1 2024 release date for PC and Xbox

https://www.resetera.com/threads/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-heart-of-chornobyl-scheduled-to-release-q1-2024.756589/

There's rumours in that thread that the playable demo at gamescom is very rough, but then so is the original game I suppose. Depends on how the overall game design comes together I guess. But if any project should be given infinite latitude to push a release further back, it's this

Pretty positive writeup by PC Gamer though

https://www.pcgamer.com/stalker-2-hands-on-gamescome/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With the extraordinary amount of trouble this game has gone through I really hope for the devs sake that they're able to knock it out of the park once it releases... unfortunately I think that all the upheaval will have had a severely detrimental affect on it.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

The gamescom impressions weren't good but imo the potential with games like this is you get some really cool systemic stuff and in return you put up with a level of jank, which I'm fine with

Tho I don't know if this game is that either, necessarily

Of all the games coming out this deserves all the latitude that can be given to these guys, delays don't really matter to me at this point with it