passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption

hinn888

Theres a collection with all the paid DLC for 1600, thats a pretty good offer, considering its worth 2400 and the stand alone disc is supposedly £24.99

I may have to pick it up, its works around to be about £13 something.

I've read some views on RLLMUK and GRcade, and they seem to be positive almost right across the board. Apparently the single player stuff is a good five hours or so, so very good value for money. I may have to get it, I thought it was just a multiplayer add-on until I paid some attention.

its absolutely fantastic. quite tongue in cheek and self aware, not just about the zombies but about red dead itself. it can also be quite bleak, gory and disturbing as a 'straight' zombie outing might be. killing the zombies is loads of fun, a nice change of pace from the main game, and the online horde gametype is probably my favourite of them all. BUY IT

• 2 months later...

There's a patch out now.

General

• The game no longer reboots when switching from MP to SP, or from regular SP to MP. Going to the main menu from any mode or leaving Undead Nightmare single player mode will still reboot (except Japan).
  • Lasso will now retract properly when thrown while riding fast on a horse.
  • Removed display message saying “This horse is now your trusty steed” when you hitch a horse that you already own.
  • Re-enabled world-wide multiplayer compatibility with Japan.
  • Fix for failing and retrying the mission You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except for Profit where attempting to shoot the skull prevents John from using his gun until switching to an unarmed state and back.
  • Fix for Land Grab multiplayer mode where occasionally the match will start with the timer at 500 and the game doesn’t end and no XP is awarded.
  • Fix for player becoming stuck indefinitely when sitting at a certain Liar’s Dice chair in Casa Madrugada.
  • Fix for the host entering an unresponsive loading screen when client opts to join another session as the lobby timer reaches 0 seconds.
  • Fix for picking up opponents bag at the same time as it is returned to their chest, during a game of Grab the Bag.
  • Fix for issue that causes multiple mine carts to appear when replaying Gaptooth action area.
  • Fix for selecting private Free Roam during a barker countdown, which was causing a constant load.

Undead Nightmare DLC:

• The Gunslinger Achievement/Trophy now recognizes zombies as enemies.
  • Fixed a disparity in the headshots and undead headshots stat when shooting zombie animals.
  • Fix for meter not advancing during Undead Overrun when one player leaves the game in progress.
  • Fix for player occasionally bonding with undead horses and the Four Horses of the Apocalypse.
  • Fix for occasional crashing or freezing in the Las Hermanas area & during the mission Mother Superior Blues.

Liars & Cheats DLC:

• Fix for player becoming stuck indefinitely when sitting at certain Liar’s Dice chairs.
  • Fix for issues when a user is removed from a Liar’s Dice session due to connection issues with other players, but the camera remains in the dice game while the player is returned to Free Roam or chooses other game modes.
  • Fix for issues with obtaining The Big Bluff Achievement (Xbox 360 only).

Undead Nightmare Disc:

• Original Game mode option removed from main menu.
  • Fix for 75 second delay before displaying an error message when installing on a system with a completely full hard disk (PS3 only).

• 1 month later...

Undead nightmare is really good fun - the zombies fit into the setting really well and they are fast zombies which makes for some panicky gunplay!

Its good seeing all the characters from the main storyline again - Bonnie, Seth, The Quack Doctor, The Marshall and my family have made an appearance so far. I've also killed a Sasquatch :) Great fun

• 4 months later...

New Red Dead Redemption download imminent.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/868057-new-red-dead-redemption-download-imminent

The last slice of downloadable content was the excellent Undead Nightmare pack, which was subsequently also sold as a boxed product. Almost a separate game all to itself, the zombie-themed adventure was thought to be the last update for the game, until Rockstar started talking about more downloads at the beginning of last month.

Yesterday Rockstar tweeted 'Look for release date and details in the coming weeks', in response to a fan question as to when the new content might be coming out.

Apart from Undead Nightmare, all the other content for Red Dead Redemption has been related to the multiplayer, with new modes, maps, characters and the like.

This seems to be what's planned for this new update too, with Rockstar earlier hinting at, 'including new fan-favorite playable multiplayer characters by popular demand as well as something for all players of Deathmatch, Grab the Bag, Gang matches and other online modes'.

And the best news? They've already said it's going to be free.

As for the best speculation, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that this renewed interest in the game might be leading up to an announcement about a sequel…

• 4 weeks later...

Free multiplayer DLC coming in September.

It's been dated and detailed by Rockstar today, and is coming as a token of appreciation for all the fans that have supported the game and its multiplayer modes since the 2010 launch.

It's called the Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, and will be made available completely free, boasting an array of fan-favourite characters added to multiplayer by popular demand including ageing gunslinger Landon Ricketts. The Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack will also add new multiplayer locations for Deathmatch, Grab the Bag, Gang matches and the other popular Red Dead multiplayer modes.

Red Dead Redemption's Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack will be coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace for free in September. Keep your eyes out for it, pilgrim.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9114-Red-Dead-Redemption--Myths-and-Mavericks--Free-DLC-Coming-in-September.html

• 1 month later...

One hell of a game!! Outstanding! And my first ever completed Rockstar game!

Whilst not quite perfect (a fair amount of the story, especially the cutscenes, felt a bit too 'staged' or 'convinient'... and there were loads of glitches, although the majority of them were pretty amusing in one way or another...), the entire 75 hours spent on it over the last few months were all amazingly brilliant fun!

I've still got several of the challenges to go back to finish off, plus I've hardly touched the co-op stuff - anyone fancy posse-ing up somewhen? Also, I'm gonna crack on with Undead Nightmare ASAP!

It's a big game for sure, you've inspired me to go back and try Undead Nightmare again. :)

The problem the past two times I've tried it is that it seems relentless - lots of zombies and not much ammo. Should I just peg it? Mellee them? Hope they drop some decent ammo?

The whole way they've done it though is very classy whilst also taking the piss out of itself.

• 7 months later...

I was just starting this when the set went bang. Now I have almost finished it ( 83% done). I did have lots of lovely notes about the game, but I cant find them. It is absolutely ball strokingly brilliant though.

• 4 years later...

This is backward compatible on the Xbox One now which served as inspiration for me to be 6 years late for the party.

Apparently this holds up better on the one, has a more solid frame rate. Graphically it still holds up, it looks lovely at all times. It's a joy to play as well, the characters are great and the story has been interesting enough to hold my attention so far. I enjoy the gun play which I guess is a pretty important factor seen as there's quite a lot of it. I'm about 6 hours in and very impressed thus far.

I pumped about three hours in to this last night.

I finished off the remaining Seth and Irish missions so I could get my shit together for Nigel West Dickens and then joined the Marshall for a grand fucking of Fort Mercer. Turns out I'm off to Mexico! Gonna bugger around for a bit first before I carry on with the story, I've got some stranger missions to finish off and I see a bounty has appeared in Armadillo so I'm gonna go catch me a cunt.

One thing that annoyed me though. I was on my way to Thieves Landing, i'd not yet been there so i'd marked it on my map as a waypoint and was following the red path it draws for you. It sent me down this narrow little path that lead down the side of a canyon. I didn't wanna take my horsey down such a narrow path so I dismounted and made it down on foot. As I was walking I could see little red dots appear on the map that mean enemies are afoot and sure enough that was followed by bullets in my general direction. I ran to the nearest rock, showed those motherfuckers what time it was with my trusty Winchester (it actually turned out to be a little side mission) and when the coast was clear I whistled for Horsey to come back. And what did that cunt do? He ran straight off the edge of the canyon to his death. What an asshole.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

With the sequel on the horizon I’ve gone back to this. Took a little while to get used to the controls again but now I’m rolling.

This is a backwards compatible game that’s enhanced on Xbox One X and for an 8 year old game it looks fucking incredible.

Story wise I don’t think I’m too far from the end so I’m just gonna crack on through but apart from a bit of jank this game still holds up.