passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Spoiler

Captain Marvel also definitely wants to fuck Peter Parker like she does in the comics. Also she is awesome, I should of saw Captain Marvel before this. And that haircut. Well played, nice nod to the comics as well

I don't get why people keep saying killing 2014 Thanos has changed the Avengers timeline. They say in the movie that changing your past doesn't change your future, it creates new timelines. They explain that in the movie multiple times. 

There is one core timeline that remains unchanged with 2 branching paths coming off of it, one were Loki escapes in 2012 after New York, and one where Thanos is dies in 2014 so doesn't act out his plan. All that's done is added two more universes to the multiverse. 

There's also the assumption that Tony just killed Thanos and his army, for all we know he sent them back to 2014 with no memory of what just happened, stopping a potential split timeline. The dusting this time around could just be the gauntlet removing them from the main timeline. We are never actually told they are dead

Spoiler

Because people are dumb

The plot hole is if changing the past doesn’t change the future why does Thanos care if in another timeline he’s thing got undone? That is not his future. He is not from there. And even if he did win all he done was abandon his own timeline when the snap would never happen. 

In the cinematic langauge of the movie Thanos and all that died because they go out the same way all the heroes went out in IW. It is not explicitly said but that is what they are saying

Spoiler

The only bit in the film that me get choked up was “You’re dad liked cheese burgers, too. I’ll get you all the cheese burgers you want”. I felt my throat got tight and the stuff around my eyes started to ache

8 minutes ago, Maf said:
  Hide contents

The plot hole is if changing the past doesn’t change the future why does Thanos care if in another timeline he’s thing got undone? That is not his future. He is not from there. And even if he did win all he done was abandon his own timeline when the snap would never happen. 

Because at that point it isn’t another timeline, it’s a future point of the timeline he is on. It is his future and it’s where he is heading. 

He doesn’t care which timeline he’s a part of though, all he cares about is winning. Jumping to the future to stop the Avengers from undoing his work is still a win for him as he would living in a universe where he won.

I don’t see the problem if I’m honest. It makes just as much sense as all the movies they name checked.

2 minutes ago, Nag said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Maf

Hmm...I don’t know. You have to imagine the film was written and shot months before they got the Fox rights.

But then the first time they mentioned Spider-Man in the MCU was in Ant-Man with a very hand waivey line so who knows

Just now, RikSP said:

Hide contents

Because at that point it isn’t another timeline, it’s a future point of the timeline he is on. It is his future and it’s where he is heading. 

He doesn’t care which timeline he’s a part of though, all he cares about is winning. Jumping to the future to stop the Avengers from undoing his work is still a win for him as he would living in a universe where he won.

I don’t see the problem if I’m honest. It makes just as much sense as all the movies they name checked.

Spoiler

I would accept that Thanos is arrogant enough that he see’s an alternative future where he wins and is like, oh, well that’s easier than going through all this. I’ll just go there, stop them, and live in that universe. But he is still abandoning the time line he is on and to me that is like, well isn’t that the same as losing? Like there’s no net gain there for whatever universe to go to win you leave one where it doesn’t happen or gets undone. The smarter play would be to take the info he has and then stay in his universe and just avoid getting he’s head chopped off and kill Tony to stop inventing time travel.

But it’s also whatever I’m happy to accept it. Maybe it isn’t a plot hole maybe it’s more of a character logic hole or something.

Basically, they painted themselves into a corner, jumping from Loki to Thanos. Hence why they are probably scaling back the Avengers to the streaming service instead. Note in Captain Marvel, although the main Antagonist, you never actually saw

Spoiler

The Supreme Intelligence

and given most interpretations of Marvel villains from Phases prior to Thanos were weak caricatures, for the most part (other than Loki), It is better for them to start afresh, exploring the rogues gallery of GoTG, Eternals etc

Just now, Maf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, they're actually about the same.

Honestly, like be practical for a second, Avengers made 1.2 billion dollars at the box office breaking nearly every record there is to break except for the all time record, at which it will probably be number 2. You always say that Disney is  about the money and milking it’s franchises. Putting 2 + 2 together, why do you think they will scale back or stop making Avengers movies? Even by your own logic and statements it doesn’t make any fucking sense lol

Just now, Nag said:

Captain Marvel, at present levels, would wipe the floor with all of the other Avengers at the same time.?

Yeah this is what I’m saying. I loved it. I should of saw that movie.

They will use the prestige of the Avengers name to establish their streaming service as a credible rival to Netflix. They are scaling back the Avengers films, because most of the cast are being given Mini series on said streaming service. That isn't "my logic" it is called NEWS.

Lastly, they made the Avengers. Marvel's formerly z-list, third rate Justice League rip-off into a billion dollar franchise. They have plenty more toys in the box to play with and the more they can turn into billion dollar franchises, the happier Disney will be.