passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Hendo

I think am using the same (not the rabbid Luigi but the main one as he can shoot miles). I can't remember who we started with though.

Maybe I ought to re-distribute their points to see if this will help me at all. Right now I think Mario has 50 or 60 per hit.

I spent points on the special actions instead.

• 3 years later...

So with the sequel announced I decided to give this another go, as for reasons I can't remember I lost interest in this after only a couple of hours when it came out. So since yesterday I've finished World 1 and gotten to the midboss in World 2, where I had my first Game Over (a quick return to the HUB, learning new skills and remembering how the Overwatch-feature works was enough to get through them on the second attempt).

I'm glad I decided to boot it up again because I'm quite enjoying it now. I usually prefer my strategy games wrapped around an interesting storyline and cool characters (think FFT, Tactics Ogre, some FE game etc.) which Mario & Rabbids doesn't necessarily have but it is fundamentally accomplished enough for me to appreciate it regardless. The big difference to other games in the genre is probably how many movement options your team and the opponents have, but also how quickly brainlessly running around can kill you if you don't pay attention to which characters have Overwatch activated.

I have a couple of nitpicks, but they don't drag the experience down too much. Backtracking can be a bit of a chore though without a map and any clues as to which areas still hold secrets in a world. I also find the Mario/Luigi/Rabbid Peach setup so strong (like most other people in this thread it seems) that I don't even bother with anyone else at the moment. Mario is excellent at close to midrange, Luigi unbeatable at long range and Rabbid Peach is a tanky healer. Not sure what they want to give me at this point to reconsider that setup. It's cool that the remaining characters get experience points anyway though, so if I ever decide to mix up my team at least I don't have to grind like a crazy person.

Also props to the art department, not only does still look extremely good from a technical standpoint but the mix of Mario and Rabbids stuff works way better than it has any right to do.

I unlocked a couple of new characters now and it's a bit annoying how limited you are in terms of team composition. Mario always has to be in there and there also has to be at least one Rabbid. I get that the game is called Mario & Rabbids, but I feel like Mario/Luigi/Peach would be a great team that I just can't use for a rather arbitrary reason. But now that I think about it, only the Mario characters have Overwatch skills, so maybe it's a balance thing. Because that skill is completely busted.

I did find it funny how they gave Peach a friggin' shotgun of all things. It's as if they really wanted to let her vent her frustrations, running up close to enemies and blowing three Rabbids to oblivion with a screen-filling blast of fire. Will have to kick her out soon again though, because Luigi is way too good to not have him in your team here. 

Today the game introduced rabbids with machinegun boob armour (Machete Kills style). I think I've seen everything now.

It's actually surprising how much ... toilet humour (?) the French dudes were able to put into this. In the previous world I was running through a cascade which was made to look as if a giant Rabbid statue was peeing. Feels like a throwback to old Nintendo when pixelated Mermaids losing their bras wasn't offensive yet.