passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Detroit: Become Human

radiofloyd

I watched the Giant Bomb video on it and they warn at the beginning that it’s a narrative game (obviously) and although they only show off early stuff, be warned about spoiling stuff. But they also say up front that it’s not great.

The Eurogamer review also says it’s probably Cage’s best but still fumbles it.

It looks like the kind of thing I might want to play when it’s cheap.

the thing to remember with Giant Bomb, whenever they talk about a David Cage game they have a dig at it. I'm not saying their cynicism isn't fair in some cases, this looks clumsy, but Jeff pretty much called Cage's games racist on the Garfield stream last night ?   

Yeah, I get that, but I do agree with them in general that Cage fumbles his work. Although this one supposedly doesn’t just go batshit mental at the end for no apparent reason like the others do.

It’s the kind of thing I’ll pick up cheap in a sale, play over Christmas with my adventure buddy. If there isn’t a new Sherlock Holmes game for us to play, this will be a good alternative.

That’s part of the reason I don’t like Giant Bomb, just far too cynical for me, I think I’d hate every game or be put off by some thing they disliked in a game if I listened to them.

I hated Beyond, but loved Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit so I’m sure I’ll get something out of this. I’ll do my usual trick of flogging it as soon as I’m finished with it anyway so it’ll probably cost me a net £0-£4 ?