passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed: Origins

DisturbedSwan

New Assassin's Creed (previous codenamed Empire) now Assassin's Creed: Origins

The next Assassin’s Creed title will be a prequel called Assassin’s Creed: Origins set in ancient Egypt, according to a leaked image of the game corroborated by Eurogamer as well as other media reports.

Earlier today, a now-deleted Reddit account posted the image above to the Assassin’s Creed subreddit as “your first look at Assassin’s Creed: Origins.” It appears to be a photo of a computer monitor running a development build of a game in which a character is standing on a wooden sailboat. A bow and arrow, as well as a shield, are slung across the individual’s back. It was possible to raid boats in the previous game, 2015’s Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, but the last mainline entry in the series to allow players to pilot boats was 2013’s Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

The main objective is telling the player to “assassinate the Crocodile,” while the currently active goal is to “follow Shadya to Khenut’s Villa.” Crocodiles played a prominent role in Egyptian life — the Nile crocodile was a dangerous predator, and the Egyptians immortalized it in their mythology with Sobek, a protective but aggressive god associated with military might and fertility. Khenut was an Egyptian queen who lived during the Fifth Dynasty, which ran from about 2494-2345 B.C.

Assassin’s Creed is one of the leakiest franchises in gaming, with details of upcoming entries in the series frequently revealed before publisher Ubisoft officially announces them. Kotaku reported in January 2016 that Assassin’s Creed was taking the year off and would return in 2017 with a game codenamed Empire set in ancient Egypt; Ubisoft confirmed the hiatus a month later, but has not yet commented on the setting.

Last week, WWG reported that the 2017 title was now called Origins, and that it would be a prequel that would bring back Black Flag’s naval combat. Eurogamer, citing three independent sources, said today that it has confirmed WWG’s report of the name: The game is called Assassin’s Creed: Origins and will be released later this year on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. Eurogamer did not confirm the Egyptian setting, but said that its three sources said the leaked image is legitimate.

We don’t really know anything else about this year’s Assassin’s Creed title that’s concrete. However, a Ubisoft executive said in November that the game would focus on giving players a less scripted narrative and allowing them to tell their own stories within the game world. You can see the full leaked photo below. We’ve reached out to Ubisoft for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.

Picture in full detail:

149434293521.jpg

SOLD! Between using Egypt as a setting and the possibility of bringing back naval combat (one of my favourite aspects of the series and something that led me to get Rogue even after semi-retiring the PS3) I'm all in on this one.

They're like the Sharknado of games to me - the overarching plot (the modern day stuff) is getting more and more ridiculous by the game, each one is stuffed with more stuff than it knows what to do with and the general direction is more than a bit naff. But fuck me they're a lot of fun. And like i said in the Far Cry thread, I've had enough of a break from the identikit Ubisoft template to gorge myself on a few of them.

11 hours ago, Nag said:

Another game I'm not interested in, the third game killed any notion of playing another one of these... 

3 was horrendous, I genuinely think you'd love AC4:Black Flag though as it is similar in some regards as Tomb Raider & Horizon, just with more ships and naval warfare.

AC:Origins is being made by the AC4 A-Team :)

I didn't really like Syndicate that much @mr lakitu, it was pretty good but not memorable or special for me, I absolutely adored AC4 though, one of my favourite games of all time and my joint favourite in the series with AC: Brotherhood.

AC4 just had an unrivalled sense of exploration, discovery, all the crafting, treasure hunting, naval warfare, little smugglers caves to explore, shipwrecks to dive, just a fantastic game for me.

Are you only buying Switch games now then? :o

There's not even a point in me visiting this thread anymore, I'm going to be getting this Day 1. That character looks awesome though. I honestly can't decide if I want them to have another stab at the sci-fi elements though - it was tacky, badly thought out and an annoying departure from the action in the others, but it gave the series its identity.

It made it feel like a cheesy B-Movie and that's kinda what endeared me to the series, even when I wasn't that big a fan of the gameplay.

5 hours ago, regemond said:

There's not even a point in me visiting this thread anymore, I'm going to be getting this Day 1. That character looks awesome though. I honestly can't decide if I want them to have another stab at the sci-fi elements though - it was tacky, badly thought out and an annoying departure from the action in the others, but it gave the series its identity.

It made it feel like a cheesy B-Movie and that's kinda what endeared me to the series, even when I wasn't that big a fan of the gameplay.

Apparently it will have a fully-fleshed out 'present day' story with it this time around, I didn't think I'd miss it after they just put cut-scenes in in Unity and Syndicate but now I do yearn after a bit more of a Desmond-style present day story adventure. I loved the present day mode at the game developers offices in AC4:BF so I assume it may be something similar in this too.

36 minutes ago, Blakey said:

I loved the present day mode at the game developers offices in AC4:BF so I assume it may be something similar in this too.

They used the same offices in Rogue too, so it might be worth tracking that down on PC if you haven't played it already. TBF, Rogue was basically just AC4 copied and pasted with a few narwhals thrown in for good measure though, so I'm not surprised it was in there.

I'm up for whatever they throw at us though. It's been long enough without an AC game that I'm itching to play something in that vein (Shadow of War should keep me satisfied until it's out... I hope...).

More leaks:

2017-06-0923_04_18-aegzunm.png

2017-06-0923_08_06-imfjutk.png

Further Info:

- More dynamic world
- Camel riding
- Underwater swimming
- Animals can attack other animals
- More RPG centric for skill points
- Protagonist Ba Yek can use a shield to deflect arrows, and can pick up enemy arrows stuck to his shield
- Tomb raiding
- Optimised on Scorpio

Cross-posting from the other thread:

"Here's a detailed list from HungryGhost57 on the article and what it mentions, get ready.

All new info:

• Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I.

• No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top

• No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick

• Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret

• Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies

• Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra

• You can climb everything in the game

• Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria

• The controllable eagle leak was true

• NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature"

• Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger

• A.I. does not take turns to attack

• New combat system is more hit-box driven

• As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed

• Left shoulder button is lock on

• There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins)

• Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials

• Leveling system that has a level cap of 40

• Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret

• There are legendary items to loot in the game

• You can add blocked arrows to your inventory

• You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade

• Buttons for free-running up and down are removed

• Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches

• Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter)

• There are gladiator battles in arenas"

More juicy details from the subreddit.

-Ba Yek starts as a Medjay (sheriff type character) and is in his 30s.
- He will become the founder of the Brotherhood (I don't know how this makes sense lore wise?)
- Customisation - you can choose the look you want without this affecting stats!!
- Eagle vision is indeed through an eagle - called Senu
- Memphis and Alexandria are some cities
- Can equip two bows and two melee weapons at once. Also can use fists again.
- Can fire multiple arrows at once (ON A ** CAMEL!)
- Ptolemaic era
- Mini map replaced for a navigation type one (like Skyrim and Horizon)
- You will have to enhance your hidden blade (I think it says something along the lines of stealth kills not being a one hit kill anymore)
- Free form combat, no counters, has an adrenaline thing that builds up as you fight
- Horses and camels confirmed
- The Crocodile is indeed a target!
- Can dive underwater
- They say nothing about the modern day
- Anything is climbable including mountains and rocks
- Can poison dead bodies, lure enemies, tame animals

7 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

:lol:

You do realise @Blakey if this has PS4 exclusive dlc you lose the bet. 

Just for clarity I've gone back to the thread where the bet was made:

Therefore I'm 95% sure that any Sony lead 3rd party title won't have a Scorpio patch, I'd put money on it in fact, if anyone wants to take on that bet then I'm willing to put £5 in.

But yeah, if this is PS4 lead marketing wise and optimised for Scorpio as reported above then I'll pay up, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's Xbox lead in marketing though which would mean no pay out. ;)

I don't think that stage demo was great, they should've showed some new stuff that was in the montage bit like horse-riding, crocodile slaughtering underwater etc. rather than a rather standard AC assassination mission, hopefully they'll have something more impressive at Ubi's show tomorrow.

They started work on this in 2013 and it shows I guess, not much they can do about that, thought it looked good enough but definitely not gorgeous.

Day 1 Gold Edition steelbook for me though, I want my AC fix so bad.

11 minutes ago, Nag said:

The bullet notes posted above almost made me rethink my stance on this Assassin's Creed... that stage demo put them right back again, fuck that game.

:(

It was not a good demo, no idea why they showed a standard assassination rather than any of the new stuff, as I've said before, I think you'd love AC4:Black Flag, if you get round to playing that at some point I think it may change your perspective on the series.