passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny 2

Sambob

I loved the original too, but I didn't stick with it for long, think I put in about 75 hours into the month after launch then didn't touch it again until just before Xmas last year when I caught up with all the Expansion packs except Rise of Iron (as I wasn't levelled up enough to do it).

With the sequel, it all depends what's coming out around it really, if RDR2 or any other megatons drop anywhere near it then it'll probably get passed up, but if it's the only major release for a month then I'll give it a go.

There's a full trailer dropping Thursday, I'm quietly optimistic. 

They have a fucking great opportunity with this game, there was so much there with the first game and so much to improve upon. They have a chance to make a fucking great game here so I'm hoping that they can. 

4 hours ago, Sambob said:

They aren't a destiny loving bunch around here @ThreeFour

It's been quite the lonely crusade keeping the destiny flag flying but now, well now I get to use the one arm raised thing.... o/

o/ right at you brother.

Yeah I'm used to it too. I get it, you gotta get the game to be bothered. That ain't me saying they're missing something. I don't get Diablo. It's all about the grind, but FPS is my rig and, damn, if Bungie don't make gunplay as sexual as Amy Adams coated in caramel. Fortunately I have mates who also like the shindig.

I'll be there day one. My birthday is 13th September so I'll probably take a day off and, lather myself up, 'n slide on in :wub:

@ThreeFour

I think there'll be something or other about it, either something like stuff carrying over from the first game or some bullshit they stick in it, that means people who want it will play on console. Even the price, Activision are a rip off on pc for their bigger stuff, I can see pc players not taking to it 

@DANGERMANStuff carrying over shouldn't be an issue as it's a blank slate mostly (everything got blown up! - more importantly Cade's stuff got blown up!! :lol: ) . No one really cares for one or two emblems.

The price could be an issue yeah i agree, but PC gamers are used to that or know ways around ;);) 

In terms of what the game is it'll sell ok. Not aswell as console but in general terms if you get me. There's a strong community in Destiny and there's a favourable buzz for the PC version. 

I'll not be getting it on PC tho. Already pre ordered PS4 version :D

I feel like I need a bit more information in order to get excited again, all im thinking of at the moment is just how many bits of expensive DLC there is going to be etc. There hasnt been anything at the moment thats put to rest my fears and annoyances of the previous game. Im not saying that this wont come out, but I guess what im saying is its very bungie just to release this sort of comedy trailer with not much substance to it at all and then release no information whatsoever about the actual game and improvements they are making.

1 hour ago, mr lakitu said:

That 'trailer' sucked right?

Shut yo face :P

2 hours ago, Sambob said:

I feel like I need a bit more information in order to get excited again, all im thinking of at the moment is just how many bits of expensive DLC there is going to be etc. There hasnt been anything at the moment thats put to rest my fears and annoyances of the previous game. Im not saying that this wont come out, but I guess what im saying is its very bungie just to release this sort of comedy trailer with not much substance to it at all and then release no information whatsoever about the actual game and improvements they are making.

I know what you mean. They're doing a live stream on twitch May 18th to show off some gameplay. Likely more info at E3 also. We're a ways off September 8th so plenty of time to get your feels on it. 

If I'm honest it'll be similar to Vanilla Destiny. Main game expansion one around December, second around May. I'd hope they'd learned lessons on content drought and that the second will be more like March and gaps filled with free live updates like the April event and SRL. Also more content than the others in these expansions as the first two were poor. They're miles away so I'm not stressing over them yet. 

The story in the main game needs some work, so if these little trailers are anything to go by hopefully we're on the right track.

• 1 month later...

Im honestly super hyped and I know I shouldnt be, its going to be a proper making it look all amazing and not showing a hint of the bad stuff presentation, its pretty much pointless to get anything useful from, but still hype!