passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yakuza news

radiofloyd

Yeah I'd like to see a Dead Souls re-release, I've still not played it so would be nice to see it running in 4K etc. even if it's just a relatively basic port it would be good to have it on the latest systems. A Kenzan! translation/port would be great to see as well.

Gematsu: Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name description, screenshots, and release date appear on PlayStation Store price tracker

uTyl8WA.jpg

FyEro2iXgAEt8GR.jpg

Due out on November 9, according to PlayStation Store.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 9, according to listings on PlayStation Store price tracking website PSDeals.

Here is the PlayStation Store description:

Erase Your Past to Protect Your Future

Once a legendary yakuza, Kazuma Kiryu faked his own death and abandoned his name for the sake of protecting his family. Now, he is thrust into conflict by a mysterious figure attempting to drive him out of hiding.

Under the codename “Joryu,” Kiryu embarks on a gripping action narrative with bone-shattering combat in vibrant locations filled with exciting characters and activities.

Ultimate Combat with Two High-Impact Fighting Styles

Dynamically switch between the Yakuza and Agent fighting styles in visceral melee combat.

With the Yakuza style, strike fear into enemies by unleashing wildly aggressive moves powered by Kiryu’s unparalleled strength and flair.

Or up the ante with the Agent style by delivering blows with absolute speed and precision, while using an array of high-tech gadgets like electrified bind wires to stun enemies then send them flying.

Strategically adapt to the situation and leverage both styles to dominate and destroy hordes of enemies.

Endless Entertainment

Whether you’re brawling in the secret Castle arena, singing a new karaoke song, enjoying a drink at the live-action cabaret club, or racing in the pocket circuit, the world offers a variety of immersive experiences.

An intriguing informant named Akame also provides thrilling sub-missions, drawing you into an epic showdown that unfolds the more you explore and enjoy Sotenbori, Yokohama and the mysterious Castle.

Notes

If you already own the PlayStation 4 version of this game, you can get the PlayStation 5 digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PlayStation 4 disc copy must insert it into the PlayStation 5 every time they want to download or play the PlayStation  5 digital version. PlayStation 4 game disc owners who buy the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PlayStation 5 version at no extra cost.

Offline Multiplayer (two players).

Remote Play allows users to connect to and play games on their PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 using a mobile device, PC, or another PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.

Offline play enabled.

Hmmmm… I really don’t know how I feel about this. I kind of feel they’re ruining Kiryu’s story by constantly bringing h

back. & to be honest I’m far more excited about the new Ichiban instalment and his story continuing.

I’m still probably going to pick this up but just not sure about it. 

I just struggled to get on board with Yakuza side of the franchise going to the RPG route, to my mind Ichiban was a great character, but fell flat to an extent when compared to Kaz, needing a team to prop him up, I would love to see what they could have done with his character in a tradition Yakuza style game.

As for Kaz, yeah not sure on bringing him back after the events of 6 its definately got a touch of MGS syndrone about letting the character go.

Maybe could have done some more prequels? plenty of scope between end of 0 and start of Kiwami, get a bit of that mid late 90s Tokyo that made me want to visit in the first place.

See, I loved the whole team part of LAD, every single member of that team was fantastic & I actually prefer that to just Kiryu and his mates when they pop up. It’s no secret I prefer the heavier RPG and turn based side of LAD too. I’ve always loved Yakuza but after LAD it’s reached a whole new level for me so it’s more disappointing to me that they keep going back too. 

Yeah, I absolutely loved the whole team in LaD and how they all interacted with one another, all their different personalities and backstories. I thought the combat was super fun as well, it's completely different to Kiryu's combat for sure but I felt after playing a number of games with Kiryu, with that combat system that LaD was a breath of fresh air. 

I'll almost definitely be picking this up, I haven't played any of the RgG Studio games for awhile now after not really getting on with Judgement (still play on going back to it at some point) a few years back, I've still got Lost Judgement sitting in its cellophane at home, I didn't pick up Ishin either but plan to at some point as well.

I agree that this kind of midquel, filling in Kiryu's moves after Y6 and before LaD aren't really necessary but having not piloted Kiryu now for 7 years, I'm personally super ready to step back into his shoes and see what they've done with the combat.

Similarly, I'm also ready to play as Ichiban again in LaD 8 next year and see what they've changed there with the world and combat system.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...