passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Prey

Duck

The first gameplay trailer it looked alright. But I think they were keeping their cards close to their chest. 

But the Gamescom gameplay teaser shows a lot more and I think it looks interesting. The possession stuff looks like it could be fun. Geist try to do stuff like that but it wasn't very well realised. With one of the Dishonored directors making this it should be different. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Liked the original Dishonored a lot but something about it didn't click with me as much as others, Dishonored 2 made me realise what everyone was going on about with the first, fantastic game and I have every faith in Arkane after that.

So think this will be awesome, but going to have to avoid the zeitgeist on this one to catch up on Horizon, Nier and Yooka-Laylee.

Demo out on PSN for this now 'the first hour'.

Gave it a blast late last night, think this could be a bit special. Very Bioshock/System Shock feel to it. Couple of the bits at the start made me chuckle, and a clever twist right from the get go. Thinks can also go to shit pretty quickly - I was over run by some of the smaller 'mimics' and died pretty quick. Didn't get to any alien powers before I died and switched it off, though I did get my hands on the GLOO gun, which was pretty satisfying to use.

Did feel a little slower compared to Dishonoured, but some great ideas and a real sense of atmosphere - the design of the environment is really cool, like a 1980's imagining of what the future would look like.

yeah, it's a lot tenser than I was expecting, so credit to them for that, but most of the time I just kind of felt confused about everything. It's quite an open environment, you'll eventually be coming back through areas to go to different sections to the ship, but it just meant I always felt like I was missing something

I'm not really liking the controls on PS4, if I get it then I'll definitely be getting it on PC. And it is an IF because I really don't know what I make of it. You're in the early sections so I guess it's no wonder it feels hard going, but the FOV doesn't help with the mimics appearing out of view. I've seen clips of people watching as the mimics enter/become an object, then picking them off, at best I see a flash of movement, most of the time though I'm just seeing the red warning bar pointing probably behind me as I get attacked. 

It's a cool premise, we're so used to playing games and picking up everything, searching every bin and ashtray, but now there's every chance one of them is a Half-Life 2 monster