passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 7

DisturbedSwan

I guess I'll try the demo before I make my mind up completely but what a disappointment.this is.

Personally all I want from Resident Evil, and what it used to be good at, is a game a bit shocking, a bit corny (not too much, just a nice balance) and a bit exciting.  And grotesque monsters like this all rendered with fancy new graphix:

Top10ResidentEvilMonsters-Birkin.jpg

84baabf58b08b26391a7ac427391d3d6.jpg

Maybe this new Resident Evil will still be good at what it's going for but as someone who has had Outlast and PT sitting on their HDD for ages yet still hasn't mustered the enthusiasm to play them then I can't say I'm jazzed about this direction.

When Resident Evil 4 changed gear, that could be called an evolution as at the time there wasn't a whole lot else like it.  This looks inseparable from a bunch of YouTube fodder.

I feel like there was more to be done with the monster house scenario RE originally did so well, and it was the last bastion of the genre, to see it chase trends again (like how they wanted RE6 to be a CoD style behemoth) is sad to see.

All speculation, I know, but that's what it looks like so far.

3 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

Maybe this new Resident Evil will still be good at what it's going for but as someone who has had Outlast and PT sitting on their HDD for ages yet still hasn't mustered the enthusiasm to play them then I can't say I'm jazzed about this direction.

Drop everything and play PT, it's just a phenomenal game/demo.

Personally, I'm very excited by RE7, I didn't want another one like RE4, I wanted something fresh and a new direction fo the series and (hopefully) we've got it.

'Beginning Hour' more like beginning 2 minutes. :lol:

Seems alright. The item hunting/room searching kinda feels like the older games. It has potential, I hope it has action'y type parts too in the main game. 

The Resident Evil 7 demo currently available on PS4 for PlayStation Plus subscribers isn't actually part of the full game.

Capcom confirmed this to Eurogamer earlier today, where it was also confirmed that the full game will star a different lead character than the man in the demo.

The studio noted that Resident Evil 7 has been in development since 2014.

We took a look at Resident Evil 7's demo earlier today and I found it an unclear representation of how the full game would be, but more diligent explorers than I discovered an axe - complete with an attack button and all - suggesting that there will be combat in the full experience.

Resident Evil 7 will launch on 24th January for PS4, Xbox One and PC with support for PlayStation VR.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-14-resident-evil-7s-demo-isnt-part-of-the-full-game

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

Yeah I just finished it. Granted it's not just about to be released but it does look a bit rough.

It's a bit Rec, Blair Witch and Texas Chainsaw, didn't see much tying it to the normal Resi world.

I didn't really explore at all, I might go back through it and go upstairs when there's less football on 

• 2 months later...

Resident Evil 3 - a big and powerful monster called Nemesis chases you. 

Resident Evil 7 "we're going to make the game more scary like the originals" - your gran with a lantern hunts you down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well looks like I was wrong about the phones, the tape recorder appears to be the save point, I wonder if you need a tape in order to use it like the Ink Ribbons of old?

No. 4 and 5 are quite self-explanatory really, but 6 is a real mystery, I guess it's hinting that you need to hit them in the hit to put them down permanently?

I've a theory about how the game will play out, that it'll be split into 5 Acts, and each act you'll be tormented by a member of the 'family' with each acting as kind of a Nemesis-esque character for that particular act, you not knowing when and where they're going to come out from next. You take down 1 family member at a time across the 5 acts and go deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole, defeat the last member of the family and find whats been fuelling them deep below the house/area in question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...