passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trackmania Turbo

Hendo

I'm catching up. How's does everyone play? I usually load up the best ghost so I have someone to race against. If a ghost catches up I know I can probably improve that sector.

Is no one trying to beat my time on the first track? No one else seems to have got into the 32s yet?

I'm catching up. How's does everyone play? I usually load up the best ghost so I have someone to race against. If a ghost catches up I know I can probably I prove that sector.

Is no one trying to beat my time on the first track? No one else seems to have got into the 32s yet?

I was but gave up. Will hopefully get to play some this evening.

I've given up chasing times until I make better progress.

I'm going through new tracks racing against the silver ghost to at least get a bronze and move on.

Anyone tried the one shot challenge yet. There's a devious track in there!

i got to the red tracks and had to give up for a bit so went back to the start to try and get some more golds and tried these...

got ahead but not by much, 6 hundredths iirc.

Anyone tried the one shot challenge yet. There's a devious track in there!

had a go of this too, yeah good job you get 3 tries a few of them are pretty tricky just to work out where the track goes.

got ahead but not by much, 6 hundredths iirc.

7. Son of a.,

Your line on the first hairpin is much better than mine. Think I was alittle too central and sharp. I'll give it a go.

Ok, mine turned up yesterday and I've got mixed feelings about it so far. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic arcade racer, but I'm coming at this having played almost every incarnation of Trackmania, most of them competitively.

First impressions are it's really Trackmania. All the hallmarks are there, from the wild tracks, to the dodgy handling on grass. I started last night with a few timed tracks in campaign mode, and then switched to online. After a few poor starts, I found that the best way to play it was with the D-Pad, and the A and X buttons on the Xbox One controller. Believe it or not, but the analogue stick and triggers are too slow for this game. Plus with using the buttons, you get the quick dab of brake while keeping full throttle for excellent drifts.

Some good points. It looks and feels great. Stadium and Canyon are where the fun is at for me, but those are the most played of the PC versions too. It handles like the old PC versions as well, so it took no time at all to get back into the Trackmania mindset of "Just one more go". Knowing where to drift, or to just let off the throttle can make the difference between a gold or silver. You soon learn the little tricks that shave wafer thin slices off your lap times. And that's the name of the game. I've been saying this to RetroEd for years. Yes it's an arcade racer, but it can get strangely competative, as it's just your driving that matters.

Some bad points. In the online rooms there are very few user made track as yet. The game is new, and loads are playing it for the first time. It'll take time for the user made tracks to filter down.

And where's the bloody car customisation??? Before you all tell me that you can indeed change the look of your car, I'd like to point out that on previous versions of the game, there was a customisation feature similar to that found in Forza. As in your car could be any colour, and have any design. Now there are fixed designs with unlockable stickers. Being able to paint and design your car was a lot of fun, and lead to racing clans having set designs, etc.

Also, I'm not really happy with the cars themselves. Here's an example.

r2sx0z.jpg

This is a stadium car from Trackmania 2 Stadium.

TMUStadiumCar_PURE.jpg

This one is my personal car. I've used this in competitions.

trackmania-turbo-557f8b854a90a.jpg

And this is the new stadium car in Trackmania Turbo. It's ok, but a bit unfinished looking to me. I'd like it more if I can paint it.

I can't help but wonder if this is EA's doing, as the previous versions were all Focus produced games. On the whole, I like the game a lot. I'd like it more when the online stuff kicks off more. And I'd love to include friends in this as trying to beat your friends times is a lot of fun. There are niggles for me, but I'll play through them. I may have to buy the PC version also at some point. My old clan are changing their minds.

And on a final note, I feel like I'm the only one playing it on Xbox One. So if you can think of how I can get involved with the challeges, etc, let me know.

Yeah we could post times on here, you could have a go at Duck's time for the first track shown in the pic above.

I've not tried the dpad, will have to give it a go.

What sort of control method do you use on PC Cyberpunk?

Believe it or not but I use keyboard controls in the PC. Left and right for steering, A and Z for throttle and brake. It sounds bizarre for a racing game, but because Trackmania is so twitch based a lot of the time, digital controls seem to suit me better. Occasionally I'd use my wired 360 controller, but again I find it too slow.

Believe it or not but I use keyboard controls in the PC. Left and right for steering, A and Z for throttle and brake. It sounds bizarre for a racing game, but because Trackmania is so twitch based a lot of the time, digital controls seem to suit me better. Occasionally I'd use my wired 360 controller, but again I find it too slow.

Oh cool, Yeah I can see how keys would be fast with a finger on each.