passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Buying a Gaming PC

radiofloyd

I was wondering what to do with my old PC, but since 30 series just got an extra life I might see if I can do the mod in mine and hook it up to my TV. Some PC games I would like to play on TV and it would be better than having to move a PC back and forth 

3 hours ago, Maf said:

I was wondering what to do with my old PC, but since 30 series just got an extra life I might see if I can do the mod in mine and hook it up to my TV. Some PC games I would like to play on TV and it would be better than having to move a PC back and forth 

Old PC! Thats modern hardware.

Mines still runnning a GTX970 from 2014  runs Forza Horizon 5 on mid/Low setting 1080P as smooth as crunch penuat butter on toast.

admitedly it only gets used for playing my old steam games, but point remains,Thats New tech to Many PC builders 🤣

On 03/02/2024 at 15:00, spatular said:

time for a pc upgrade

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asrock-b760m-pg-sonic-wifi-ddr5-pcie-5-lga1700-4291312

more seriously i would like an upgrade, a 5800x3d and 4070 super would be nice but i don't know, pretty pricy, would have to stop buying too many games to justify the cost :unsure:

Sorry to be the devil on your shoulder, but that CPU is 47 percent off on amazon right now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-RyzenTM-5800X3D-Processor-16-thread/dp/B09VCJ2SHD/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3IEL5OO72F9AX&keywords=5800x3d&qid=1707139239&sprefix=58%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.d7e5a2de-8759-4da3-993c-d11b6e3d217f

(That said, I don't know what the going rate for these CPUs are nowadays. It's one I was considering for an upgrade on my brother's PC though)

^ thanks for the heads up, ive sort of been keeping an eye on them think they were a little cheaper last week, cant remember how much though, and the 5700X3D just came out which is cheaper and looks pretty good too. I am tempted but keep spending money on other stuff, need to save for a few months i think!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...