MFGamers

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

DisturbedSwan

lDcIYFr.jpg

Developer: Treyarch

Publisher: Activision

Platform: PC, XBOne, PS4.

Release Date: November 6th, 2015

The 11th entry in the mainline CoD series, and a return to CoD's popular "Black Ops" spin-off by the same Developer as the previous two entries in the spinoff series.

Here's the teaser video:

Anyone excited for this? I really enjoyed both the Single-Player campaign and the Multiplayer of Advanced Warfare last year, I thought it was probably the best CoD in years, a return to the Black Ops spin-off brand, to me, feels a bit boring really, I was kind of hoping Treyarch were developing something new, something akin to what Sledgehammer made last year, but no, back to Black Ops it is.

I very much enjoyed the originals and Black Ops 2's Multiplayer, but the Single-Player campaigns of both were absolutely atrocious, so I'm hoping Treyarch can finally get back to their World at War pomp and put out a decent SP campaign this time around to compliment the multiplayer.

Global eSports Reveal Live Stream Archive:

That's funny cos I found World at War to be a really boring campaign but I loved both Black Ops campaigns.

I loved the different modes they did with One In The Chamber and the one where you cycle through guns as you get kills.

I enjoyed Advanced Warfare but for some reason I didn't put much time into it. Never prestige in multi and never finished the campaign. I think Garden Warfare took its place as online shooter of choice at the time.

I'm not excited about this at all. I loved Black Ops 2,its definitely up there with the best in the series, multiplayer wise. And I had some fun with AW last year.

But when this was announced,my reaction was "meh". Its future war,yet again. It would actually be refreshing for the series to go back to an earlier time period.

And as for the Zombies mode,I hate it. Always have. Theres no explanation to what you're meant to be doing. Its just utterly tedious. Hugely over-rated,in my opinion.

And I almost never play online multiplayer anymore. Now I work Nights,I'm not on the same time as everyone else.

I've no doubt this will be a good game,even a great one. Treyarch are definitely the A Team of COD now (Ghosts online was utterly boring,Infinity Ward have totally lost it). But I'm not planning on getting this. Fallout 4 will be sinking up most of my time.

Agree with Hendo,both of those 'One In The Chamber' and Gun Game modes are excellent. Far better than Zombies.

I haven't been excited for a CoD game ever, I don't think. Ghosts only got bought because there was a lack of decent stuff when I moved over to this gen.

Glad people still get hyped for the games but if they never released another I wouldn't miss it.

I think the last CoD game I got truly amazed/excited by was the announcement for MW2 but every year the trailers/hype for the games manage to pull me in and are enough to secure my purchase. Some are better than others (You were unfortunate with Ghosts as it's one of the worst in the series), I've a long history with the series (own and completed every CoD) so it's pretty much a must-buy for me every year, but some years get me more hyped than others, Black Ops 3, for example, I'm not very excited for from an SP perspective, but I believe the MP will be amazing.

That's funny cos I found World at War to be a really boring campaign but I loved both Black Ops campaigns.

I loved the different modes they did with One In The Chamber and the one where you cycle through guns as you get kills.

I enjoyed Advanced Warfare but for some reason I didn't put much time into it. Never prestige in multi and never finished the campaign. I think Garden Warfare took its place as online shooter of choice at the time.

Fair play, I completed World at War on Veteran so maybe that contributed to my enjoyment/sadistic nature, it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in a game and to this day I won't play another Treyarch game on Veteran as they just take too much out of me, I just loved the whole Pacific theatre-of-war vibe, the setting, the time period etc. of WaW as well, and something about Blops 1 and 2 just didn't click with me, the Vietnam bits in Blops 1 were cool but it also had the bits with Sam Worthington that were awful, that campaign is far better than Blops 2, but neither are classics to me, but I found the MP side of both to be pretty amazing (Blops 2 in particular).

Yeah it was Veteran campaign that really killed it for me. Insane infinite respawning of enemies, grenade spam by the bucketload and enemies that could see exactly where you were even though you were lying down behind cover.

I remember one trench/jungle section that nearly broke me.

Yeah it was Veteran campaign that really killed it for me. Insane infinite respawning of enemies, grenade spam by the bucketload and enemies that could see exactly where you were even though you were lying down behind cover.

I remember one trench/jungle section that nearly broke me.

Ah right, yeah, it is pretty much torture at times that game, it's the hardest of all the CoDs that has been so far I believe, the bit that's always lodged in my memory is crossing the Bridge to get into the Reichstag, head-banging-against-a-wall hard and extremely frustrating, but by the end of it I just so satisfied that I'd actually managed it that it'll always stand out to me against all the CoDs that have come before and after, that and I have an inherent fascination with WW2.

All the IW games since MW2 tend to be easier (MW2, MW3, Ghosts) on Veteran than the Treyarch ones, I think the difference is the grenade spam in the Treyarch games is dialled up to the nth degree, I tried to complete Blops 1 on Veteran but got stuck in this long corridor with infinitely respawning enemies at this Nuclear Power station or something and switched it down to Hardened, not attempted a Treyarch game on Veteran again since.

Think I've played five of the CoD games and managed four on Veteran difficulty, never tried Modern Warfare 3 for some reason.

I remember being stupidly proud after completing CoD 2... for all the reasons Hendo listed, grenade spam and infinite respawning enemies...

Nice, I think I've finished 5 on Veteran (MW2, WaW, MW3, Ghosts and AW) the rest were on Normal/Hardened, the IW games since MW2 have seemed much easier to me than the Treyarch games, and thanks to Sledgehammer taking out the infinitely respawning enemies in AW that was much easier too.

Make sure you PM it though.

Had a few matches, got to level 7.

Some of them I just did terrible and some I did alright.

My initial impression is that it's a perfectly fine multiplayer. The maps seem good, the feel is still there but it's a bit Advanced Warfare lite with some of the movement stuff but not all of the crazy jetting about abilities.

Loving this. Back to feeling nice and weighty again, and the map designs are classic Treyarch (= good). Few bits pinched from Titanfall but that's no bad thing. The loadouts, perks and scorestreaks all seem fair and well though out. Weapons sound punchy. Graphics are a massive step up from previous games.

Digital Deluxe pre-order is staying. This and Forza 6 are my most anticipated games for the rest of the year. Bring it on.